Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Which of Tooting Carmen's new controversial anthro statements do you agree with?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,111
    Given: 11,127

6 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Surely the Germanic and Slavic invasions have at least partially contributed to the prevalence of lighter phenotypes in Southern Europe? Because without them, then surely lighter phenotypes would be no more common in Iberia, Italy or the Balkans than truly Med phenotypes are in Northern Europe.
    Baseless assumption. Most light phenotypes in Southern Europe are from ancient Indo-Europeans.

Per Aspera Ad Astra
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 11:03 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Chad
    Region
    Gadsden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 355

0 Not allowed!

^What he said.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,206
    Given: 43,748

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wog View Post
    I think that you forget that Argentina has more Bolivian immigrants by far, not Chile, you said the opposite.
    Argentina has the most numerous bolivian diaspora.

"En la Argentina, a inicios del siglo XXI, reside la comunidad boliviana más numerosa del mundo. El censo de 2001 registró 233.464 bolivianos legales radicados en Argentina, en partes iguales para mujeres y varones. Esto se debe en gran parte, a la abundancia económica, y a las favorables oportunidades que tienen los inmigrantes en Argentina, y buena calidad de los hospitales gratuitos."

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmi...a_en_Argentina
    But either way, do you agree with what I originally said in the OP or not?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

0 Not allowed!

While it is true that all Europeans overlap, this is mostly due to substantial Germanic and Slavic admixture in Southern Europe

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

But either way, do you agree with what I originally said in the OP or not?
    Partly, and partly I agree with Benjamín about which he said except the point of bolivian immigrants which I exposed.
    But in a way Chile recived similar amount of immigrants but mostly from Peru.
    But the point of social - classes in Argentina is not related of a classic idea that the élite is lighter.
    Because in many cases the élite is not integrated by north-european immigrant descendants, but for people who become of colonial background and in other cases (and it's very common that) of immigrants, but especially jewish ones (ashkenazi mostly). And the last are quite light in majority but not all.
    German and british descendants, for example, normally they have a good social position, but although they are not even close of the top of the pyramid.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Partly, and partly I agree with Benjamín about which he said except the point of bolivian immigrants which I exposed.
    But the point of social - classes in Argentina is not related of a classic idea that the élite is lighter.
    Because in many cases the élite is not integrated by north-european immigrant descendants, but for people who become of colonial background and in other cases (and it's very common that) of immigrants, but especially jewish ones (ashkenazi mostly). And the last are quite light in majority but not all.
    German and british descendants, for example, normally they have a good social position, but although they are not even close of the top of the pyramid.
    I think you'd find that the percentages of surnames that are respectively Italian, Spanish or something else wouldn't vary that drastically based on social class in Argentina, whereas in Chile the working-classes almost always have Spanish or even sometimes indigenous surnames, while the middle and upper-classes have a whole range of European (and sometimes Middle Eastern) surnames. More generally, Chile does seem to have a strong White-Mestizo divide, where the working-classes are very Mestizo and the middle and upper-classes are very White. This is quite different from countries such as Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela, where even the middle-classes (though less so the upper-classes) are still predominantly Mestizo, just not as much as are the working-classes.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

1 Not allowed!

I think you'd find that the percentages of surnames that are respectively Italian, Spanish or something else wouldn't vary that drastically based on social class in Argentina, whereas in Chile the working-classes almost always have Spanish or even sometimes indigenous surnames, while the middle and upper-classes have a whole range of European (and sometimes Middle Eastern) surnames. More generally, Chile does seem to have a strong White-Mestizo divide, where the working-classes are very Mestizo and the middle and upper-classes are very White. This is quite different from countries such as Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela, where even the middle-classes (though less so the upper-classes) are still predominantly Mestizo, just not as much as are the working-classes.
    Yes, totally agree that comparison between Chile and Argentina in that aspect is almost perfect!

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

1 - Not familiar enough to comment.
    2 - True although it depends whom you are referring to, I have always considered the US a quite mixed country.
    3 - True although blondism isn't the most important factor but rather facial features, skull shape and head (and facial) dimensions.
    4 - Yes.
    After not shaving for a while:

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    1 - Not familiar enough to comment.
    2 - True although it depends whom you are referring to, I have always considered the US a quite mixed country.
    3 - True although blondism isn't the most important factor but rather facial features, skull shape and head (and facial) dimensions.
    4 - Yes.
    Re point (3), facial features ultimately do matter more than colouring, but even on that basis I'd still argue that even someone heavily Nordid or Faelid like Oscar Wendt or Simon Kjaer would not look as odd in most of Southern Europe as a Gracile Med like Penelope Cruz or Monica Bellucci would in most of Northern Europe.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Re point (3), facial features ultimately do matter more than colouring, but even on that basis I'd still argue that even someone heavily Nordid or Faelid like Oscar Wendt or Simon Kjaer would not look as odd in most of Southern Europe as a Gracile Med like Penelope Cruz or Monica Bellucci would in most of Northern Europe.
    Yes, Southern Europe has Northern types but what makes them more passable in the north is their features on first place (pigmentation is of secondary importance).
    Penelope Cruz looks unpassable for Northern Europe but Monica Bellucci is a debatable case and I have never understood people calling her Gracile Med. Maybe she would pass as atypical in Scandinavia but even if she doesn't, she still looks considerably more pan-Euro (and more pan-Western) than Cruz. Bellucci could pass as French, German or Belgian, in my opinion (I think as a dark British/Irish type, too). Cruz passes well only in Italy, Iberian peninsula and Southern France.

I actually believe the Bellucci/Cruz comparison is an example how features are more important than pigmentation. Cruz is a typical Gracile Med while Bellucci is Paleo Atlantid (Atlanto-CM).
    After not shaving for a while:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information