6. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Romania

2 33.33%
  • I am indifferent in regards to Romania

2 33.33%
  • I dislike Romania

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What do Albanians think of Romania?

Last Online
    01-27-2020 @ 09:11 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyro-Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Rahovec
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    Taxonomy
    Albanian
    Politics
    Anti-East
    Hero
    Agim Ramadani, Cerciz Topulli
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 2,615

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    If I were Albanian I would dislake Romanians because they are in good relations with Serbs. Plus there is religious difference between Albanians and Romanians.

I know that Albanians are not lovers of Romanians in general.
    There are few Albanians which pretend they are Romanians and make videos in youtube such as "Timok is Romania", "Romanians and Albanians against Serbs", "Romanian-Albanian brothers against Slavic invasders"...
    They are so shallow...
    Why are you trying to speak for Albanians?

Lol you're the type to watch balkan cringevideos on youtube.

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

I had a few Romanian/Moldavian friends in Europe, really good people and they look a little bit like Albanians physically. But we know you are on the Serbian side when it comes to politics.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

I believe it's neutral, neither positive nor negative. During renaissance there was an Albanian diaspora in Romania which was pretty active and strengthened the relations. There was some negative influence from the Romanians in Italy after the 90s, I guess Albanians weren't that impressed. Romania doesn't recognize Kosovo but recognizes Kosovo passports.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

0 Not allowed!

Albanians and Vlachs were same class of people (sheperds) in the middle age. Both were treated same in the laws of Serbian medieval kings.
    Pribislav, what is your opinion about this text? The authors are not Romanians, but Polish.

A specific kind of symbiosis of Vlachs and Slavs can also be observed in the western and central parts of the Balkans. In the Middle Ages the Vlachs lived in most of the mountain areas in the Balkans up to the Adriatic coast. In the Middle Ages, the territory between the rivers Lim and Drina in the west, and Raska and Studenica in the east, was called “Old Wallachia” (Stari Vlah), and the Orthodox Church province of the Rasca –“eparchy Old Wallachian”.
    In Serbia of Nemanjić and the states that have later arisen on its ruins, the Vlachs created a fairly closed community because of their special privileged status, in contrast to the rest of Slavic peasant population. Mixed marriages with representatives of other social classes, especially the peasant population, were very difficult here. Despite that, also here the processes of Slavisation and assimilation proceeded very quickly. It was facilitated because of the vanishing of the areas where the Vlach shepherds could wander, because of the distribution of the mountain areas to particular owners. Vlachs defended themselves against dependence for example by buying pastures, which resulted in their definitive transition to semi-sedentary and sedentary life. The Knez and provincial governors (often Vlach ones) became major landowners, entering the group of nobles and even the aristocracy. Among the Slavic Balkan rulers many had Vlach roots – most probably the families Balšić, Hrvatinić – Kosača, andperhaps also Mrnjavcević.
    Already the earliest records of the names of the Vlachs as well as the names of localities preserved in the sources of the 13th century show a hybrid combination of Vlach and Slav element. Even then, many Vlach names were Slavic, often with Romanian endings i.e. Dragul, Radul and Bogdan and afterwards even Milutin, Vukašin, Momcil. Starting from the 14th century the term “Vlach” began to lose its ethnical meaning in favour of a societal meaning in the areas of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. In these areas the Vlachs were strongly mixed with the Slavic population and the name “Vlach” was frequently used interchangeably with the term “Slav”. The process of gradual Slavisation was, however, interrupted by successive migration waves. Some researchers, i.e. Bogumil Hrabak, recognize a few Wallachian migration waves moving from the south to the north in the areas of Dalmatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. The oldest migration, in which the Albanian ethnical element was most likely prevalent, underwent Slavisation the fastest. The second wave was of a mixed Romanian and Slavic nature, the process of Slavisation of this group was the slowest. The third wave was to have the most Romanian nature and was to hold on to it for the longest. Similar phenomenon was notices by Božidar Šekularac in relation to Montenegro.
    The processes of assimilation was easier because the Vlachs were associated with the system of the state through military duty. It seems, however, that paradoxically, Slavisation (in fact Serbisation) of the Vlachs was also encouraged by the period of the Ottoman rule. As Orthodox, Vlachs belonged to the same millet as Serbs, and after the reconstruction of the Serbian Patriarchate of Peć they were subordinated to civil authority of the Serbian patriarch. Thus, Vlachs were integrated with Serbs very quickly, especially that the religious affiliation was the main identifier. The persons who belonged to the Serbian Orthodox Church were called by the name of Serbs, not only in the lands which were traditionally Serbian, also in Bosnia. This process was intensified by the fact that many Vlachs abandoned their activities, especially since enclosed social classes did not exist in the Ottoman state. The majority of Serbs from the Republika Srpska of modern Bosnia is of Vlach origin, as well as the majority of the population from Bosnia and Herzegovina in general. Natural conditions are extremely favourable for the conduct of pastoral activity because of the numerous mountain meadows covered in lush grass (which was rare in the Balkans).
    Unfortunately, we do not have the source material directly referring to Vlach colonization of these lands, but many indirect sources explicitly argue in favour of this problem. For example, in the so-called “Orthodox Bosnian church” we find many elements of traditional mentality and culture of the pastoral people, such as the ideas of community and negation of ownership, as well as little need for institutionalization of power. This is also indicated by the material culture. Not only in Bosnia and Herzegovina, but also of Dalmatia it is possible to find the so-called stećak – gravestones of a specific shape, closely associated with culture of the Vlachs. Unfortunately, we are not able to tell what language was used by the population in Bosnia in the Middle Ages, especially in rural areas; however, state documents were written in Slavonic language with very specific Cyrillic alphabet called bosančica, as well as the inscriptions on stećaks. This may indicate that population was strongly Slavisised already in the Middle Ages. Slavonic language of Bosnian Vlachs survived despite Islamization of the great part of their population in the period of the Ottoman rule, the establishment of regional administrative center of the Ottoman power in the area and permanent stationing of the Ottoman troops. The result is the creation of a specific Slavic-Islamic culture in Bosnia by the population which was ethnically Vlach. One can speak in this area:
    1. About Vlachs which evolved into the Serbian nation.
    2. About Vlachs which evolved into the Bosnian nation.
    Also a third, least numerous group, can be mentioned, namely Roman Catholics who are most often identified with the Croats, although they do not necessarily identify themselves as Croats.
    In the area of Croatia and Dalmatia these Vlachs who were present in the early Middle Ages were called Maurovlachs, or Morlachs by the Italians, and they relatively quickly succumbed to Slavisation and catholic faith. They differentiated themselves from the rest of society through their social status, which took on a special meaning in these lands. In the 17th and 18th centuries the term Morlachs determined both Slavisised Vlachs from the area of Dalmatia, as well as Croatian peasants. Another problem within the issue of the Vlach and Slavic relations is the question of the so-called military borderlands. On the one hand, their origins are related to the special status of the population living in border regions (kraina, krajište) of the Slavic countries, but on the other hand, they were the consequence of military settlement followed by the Hungarian kings. However, there is an important difference between krajište and military borderland: krajište used the natural existing settlements and the military frontier was based on planned settlement executed by the state. The legal basis for the settlement was the Vlach law, which applied not only to the pastoral population living in the mountains, but also to the colonists settled on the frontier in the agricultural areas, exempted from most of the feudal duties in exchange for military service.

Last Online
    02-19-2023 @ 03:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 600

0 Not allowed!

I always confuse Romanians for Albanians in Greece. We look a lot alike .

I don't have anything bad to say for Romanians. Albo men are marrying Romanian / Ukranian women like crazy in Greece.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ujku View Post
    I always confuse Romanians for Albanians in Greece. We look a lot alike .

I don't have anything bad to say for Romanians. Albo men are marrying Romanian / Ukranian women like crazy in Greece.
    And who are Albo women marrying?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Moldovano View Post
    Pribislav, what is your opinion about this text? The authors are not Romanians, but Polish.
    I talking about Herzegovinian "Vlachs" many times here.
    Herzegovinian vlachs were predominantly of Slavic origin. They were in vlach social status. In Serbia in the middle age existed vlachs who were sheperds and not Latin speaking people. In western Balkans vlach was always synonym for sheperd https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebri

Today we know haplogroups of some Herzegovinian clans which were recorded in the middle age and early Ottoman period as vlachs:
    Drobnjaci - I1-P109
    Predojevići - R1a-Z280 and I2-PH908
    Šarenci-Krasojevići - R1a-M458
    Nikšići - I2-PH908
    Ugarci - R1b-U152
    Burmazi - R1a-M458
    Kriči - J2b1-M205
    Mirilovići - I2-CTS10228
    Maleševci - I2-PH908
    Banjani - N2-P189.2
    Riđani - I2-PH908
    Vlahovići - probably I2-PH908
    Krmpotići - I2-PH908

All this clans except Kriči were Slavic speakers and their members had Slavic names.
    Kriči had weird non-Slavic names in 13th and 14th century. In 15th century among Kriči there was a Slavic names such as Jaroslav and Radovan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriči
    Kriči, Ugarci, Banjani and Drobnjaci have non-Slavic y dna. Drobnjaci are descandant of Normans by paternal line and they were Slavic speakers and had Slavic names since was recorded. Haplogropup of Banjani is of unknown origin. Ugarci were slavized and mixed with Slavs long time before Kriči. Other clans are of Slavic paternal origin.
    Last edited by Pribislav; 12-06-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Last Online
    02-19-2023 @ 03:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tosk Albanian
    Country
    Albania
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,542
    Given: 600

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu View Post
    And who are Albo women marrying?
    Greek men.

Of course most Albos marry other Albos.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Albanians and Vlachs were same class of people (sheperds) in the middle age. Both were treated same in the laws of Serbian medieval kings.
    lol. Albanians were never part of any serb kingdom. It was the wet dream of serbs to include Albanians in their imaginary kingdoms, in reality they had 0 influence, no taxes paid, no people involved. It's not like serbs know how to build civilizations, if they did Albanians would have participated and ruled them.

Albanians viewed serbs as unwashed dirty cavemen from the Urals. This is how our national poet, a catholic priest, describes them: when slavs ( he meant serbs) came from the caves of the Urals, Albanians had completed a two thousand year old civilization.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Back to Romania, it is believed that the fall of communism for us was much softer after the leadership saw how Causescu and his wife were executed in Romania. Their execution was broadcasted by Albanian TV. There was close to 0 violence as a result.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information