PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Do you believe in ghosts? - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Last Online
    01-04-2024 @ 10:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sumerian
    Ethnicity
    Anatolian Neolithic Farmer
    Ancestry
    Tekirdağ
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    #MakeMesopotamiaGreatAgain
    Hero
    Gilgamesh
    Religion
    Enlil Father
    Relationship Status
    captured by a steppe barbarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 117

1 Not allowed!

Although not the Ghostbusters kind of ghosts, I first handedly know that some entities exist. You can call them demons, spirits, djinns, gallu, or whatever as you wish. And I am telling this because usually they get misunderstood as ghosts. However, I also believe that people and animals have souls as well, and perhaps I wouldn't call it ghost fot the after death stage, it remains as soul. And yes, you can get in touch with them, not like by using Ouja or something, it just attracts the demons. But, your grandparents, your ancestors etc. that you already had a deep connection with.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

3 Not allowed!

No, not in the sense that they are the spirits of the dead. But I am convinced there is some other non-human intelligence on Earth. The original post mentions poltergeist phenomena. Many of those cases are well documented all over the world.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,946
    Given: 12,770

3 Not allowed!

It is possible that I had an experience, but it most likely wasn't. I've told this story before here. When I was 9 went down to the basement kitchen to get my father a beer. I had this weird fear of the basement at night. Anyway, to get over my fear, I didn't turn the basement lights on. I went down into the dark. I got the beer. As I was walking up the stairs, I heard the wheel of my mother's exercise bike moving. I asked who was there. Instead of waiting for an answer, I ran up the stairs.

At the time, I thought it was a ghost, but years later, I have to think I was so scared (It sounds silly, but for a 9 year old (maybe 8. I hope I wasn't 10 because then I'd have to consider myself a little bitch, but I'm pretty sure I was 9)) that I imagined it.

That's a pretty lame 'ghost experience' if it was a ghost experience, tbh. I honestly wouldn't want to experience a ghost because my first thought would be to defend myself, but you can't physically strike a ghost and so you're literally all out of options except to run, but I don't want to give some ghost fag the satisfaction of seeing me run.

Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 11:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    mtDNA
    T1a1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,034
    Given: 3,135

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    I cannot deny, that a ‘ghost’ cannot enter your thought stream similar to an ‘energetic parasite’.

Mindfulness – an awareness of what thoughts are yours or not is vital.
    We as humans have many limitations and cannot know everything. There are things outside of the knowledge we possess. I don’t know about ghosts, wandering souls, etc. I have very sparse information and no experience of it.
    But I do tend to believe that the “energetic parasites” are manifestations of the human mind. This is just an opinion, it does not have to be correct.
    As you said, awareness and embracing our thoughts is vital. Jung talks about “the personal shadow” (and that of the collective). Negative, destructive and self-destructive thoughts we all have. There should be a balance between one conscious and unconscious mental realms.
    Maybe emotional trauma has something to do with the outer negative manifestations. Repressed bad memories and negative thoughts “haunt” the individual in the form of “outside voices” but are the processes of own consciousness. That is why when the person gets drunk to a stupor for example, the “voices” can go away (for a while).
    With major depression for example, among others one has the feelings of: tiredness, apathy, suicidal thoughts, outburst of anger, hopelessness as if “something” it’s draining all the energy out of the body. If anxiety, OCD, paranoia, is added to it, is even worse. Could be that the “energetic parasite” lies in the disharmony of the mental state.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 04:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,240
    Given: 1,587

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybele View Post
    We as humans have many limitations and cannot know everything. There are things outside of the knowledge we possess.
    Yes. Not knowing can be a statement of our truth, but ‘not knowing’ can also mean consciously active practice, where we empty our minds of our preconceived ideas and beliefs and try to perceive the situation-in-the-now (whatever it is) anew.

I don’t know about ghosts, wandering souls, etc. I have very sparse information and no experience of it.
    I think that seeking communications with ‘ghosts’ is a very bad idea, but if it happens, well then one will have to deal with it. The mind’s first reaction to the ‘shock’ might be that of fear, which will automatically paint the encounter as ‘evil’ or that of love, if we suddenly recognize the recently passed loved one, in which case we might have a tendency to cling, or our “Conscious Critical Faculty” might utterly ignore it if it doesn’t fit into our belief system and say it isn’t happening.

From the net:
    “The conscious critical faculty is the internal filter we use to interpret of how the world works based on all we have learnt rightly or wrongly since we were born. It is the part of us that helps us get through life by having us automatically understand water will be wet and that a lion would be dangerous.”
    A lot depends, where our “Conscious Critical Faculty” was ‘set’ when we were young.

But I do tend to believe that the “energetic parasites” are manifestations of the human mind. This is just an opinion, it does not have to be correct.
    Could well be, that I honestly do not know.

As you said, awareness and embracing our thoughts is vital. Jung talks about “the personal shadow” (and that of the collective). Negative, destructive and self-destructive thoughts we all have. There should be a balance between one conscious and unconscious mental realms.
    If one is a ‘high empath’ and has a tendency to be ‘telepathic’, the boundary between yourself and ‘other’ can become too blurred. So, recognizing one’s own thoughts and emotions apart from what one may internally feel, is vital. Otherwise, it is just ‘blind leading blind’ - a dysfunctional situation.
    And what you said about the ‘Jungian shadow’ is so true. What negative we do not accept within ourselves, we automatically project as the quality of another. This is a very Narcissist pattern, which one can observe.

Maybe emotional trauma has something to do with the outer negative manifestations. Repressed bad memories and negative thoughts “haunt” the individual in the form of “outside voices” but are the processes of own consciousness. That is why when the person gets drunk to a stupor for example, the “voices” can go away (for a while).
    This may very well be true.

With major depression for example, among others one has the feelings of: tiredness, apathy, suicidal thoughts, outburst of anger, hopelessness as if “something” it’s draining all the energy out of the body. If anxiety, OCD, paranoia, is added to it, is even worse. Could be that the “energetic parasite” lies in the disharmony of the mental state.
    The “voices” can be telepathic, in which case one can and needs to verify them later with the person you had “heard” speaking … (as in distant viewing, distant hearing).
    Or as you said - disharmony of the mental state.
    But because I do not know, I am not ruling out the existence of these ‘energetic parasites’ either.

If one is experiencing “hearing voices”, this organization might help:

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    turkÏc
    Country
    Ukraine
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,973
    Given: 3,721

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aila View Post
    About Tengrism …

I have got 2 books on Turkic, Mongolian Tengrism and looking into it - the other book has got a whole chapter on the practice of sending ‘ghosts’ i.e. spirits of the dead on their way.

That Turkic people here have never come across this really astonished me.
    Many Turks mourn a deceased for 40 days (which is unislamitic btw) because the soul lingers that long?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilus View Post
    Many Turks mourn a deceased for 40 days (which is unislamitic btw) because the soul lingers that long?
    Yes. I think here some Christians, some Buddhists and perhaps Shamanists/Tengrists agree.

If I remember correctly, there is a Buddhist practice, where the Lama “talks” to the departed and prays for it about 40 days.
    I trust (after the Shaman tradition) we had our “Lamenting Women” who worked similarly.

Orthodox church as well (Yous do not have to watch this long video, I’ll just post it here):
    He doesn’t seem to have much experience, but at least he can discern between ‘ordinary ghosts’ and something more sinister and he also acknowledges the 40 days:

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic-Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Religion
    Axis Mundi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Out of body experiences, ghosts, reincarnation ….
    Have not been a member of his order, but I do like Ajahn Brahm & his talk is interesting:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information