Thanks for finding my video and pressing play! Now, a lot of my subscribers told me they really wanted to see a video on Eurostar. So that’s exactly what I went and made. I hadn’t actually been on Eurostar since around 2012, so this was a welcome return. As a kid I remember quite vividly the opening of the Channel Tunnel and the start of Eurostar service. It seemed glamorous in a way that perhaps has faded a bit, as we’ve become used to being able to easily access Europe by train. Our journey takes us, on a classic Class 373 train, east from St Pancras and straight down into Kent on High Speed 1, Britain’s first proper dedicated high speed railway. We stop briefly at Ebbsfleet International before continuing in a straight line directly towards the tunnel at Folkestone, blasting through Ashford International without stopping. After 31 miles of tunnel we pop out near Sangatte and Calais-Fréthun, and head, via Lille, to Paris. Sadly, the weather was rather grey in both Britain and France for this video! But you can’t have it all. Eurostar trains have 18 carriages with three classes of travel. 10 carriages are Standard Class, 5 are Standard Premier (what you might call a hybrid between Standard and First Class), and there’s one Business Premier carriage, where hot meals are served, and customers get flexibility and lounge access. Business Premier is really directed at the corporate traveller, and Standard Premier is probably as much as you’ll need for a good trip. The surroundings are comfortable and the ride smooth despite the age of the train. My only complaint - a weak meal service. The portion sizes are very small and the quality hit and miss. My fruit salad was not fresh, which is very disappointing. This isn’t hard to get right when you’re loading food in the middle of London. Anyways, sit back and watch the journey, and let me and the train take the strain... 👌🏻👌🏻 Make sure you have your notifications set! 🛎