View Poll Results: Catholics of Apricity: Do you go to confession?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • Sometimes

1 14.29%
  • No

5 71.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catholics of Apricity: Do you go to confession?

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35,735
    Given: 17,040

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    I would do the same if I was in this situation. Just take a look it might interest you. And what about ya are ya religious Jeanne de Kazimiera?
    Let's say I'm a returning Catholic.

I let it slide for many years. I decided this year I will get into the swing of the liturgical calendar again and Advent is a good a place as any to start.

I got a pamphlet and saw they had a penitential service with 5 priests to hear confession the following week. The last confession I did was nearly 15 years ago. Suddenly there was a very strong part of of me saying GO TO CONFESSION!! I thought I was nuts! When the day came I just got this overwhelming feeling to go. I grabbed the keys, announced to my husband where I'm going and left. I knew that if I didn't do it then, then I probably wouldn't have the balls to do it ever again.

I couldn't remember the whole procedure but the priest helped. He asked me what I was confessing - I had 15 years to get through. He asked the most recent thing I can remember, or what bothers me the most. I told him one or two things that had been bothering me lately. Had I gone into details it would have lasted 3 hours and his ears would have been ringing.

I was quite afraid to go. I didn't know what to expect. A part of me believed he was going to excommunicate me on the spot! Instead he was so kind. He gave me some counseling which helped me a great deal. I got absolution and had to do penance. It was weird. When I left there I felt so light. Like a boulder had been lifted from my shoulders.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

And what about ya are ya religious Jeanne de Kazimiera?
    I chose that image not because it's Joan of Arc but because she really looks like me! Same hairstyle, face shape. Only the eyes are different. I also don't wear armor and fight for France. And she's a few pounds lighter than me!

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazimiera View Post
    Let's say I'm a returning Catholic.

I let it slide for many years. I decided this year I will get into the swing of the liturgical calendar again and Advent is a good a place as any to start.

I got a pamphlet and saw they had a penitential service with 5 priests to hear confession the following week. The last confession I did was nearly 15 years ago. Suddenly there was a very strong part of of me saying GO TO CONFESSION!! I thought I was nuts! When the day came I just got this overwhelming feeling to go. I grabbed the keys, announced to my husband where I'm going and left. I knew that if I didn't do it then, then I probably wouldn't have the balls to do it ever again.

I couldn't remember the whole procedure but the priest helped. He asked me what I was confessing - I had 15 years to get through. He asked the most recent thing I can remember, or what bothers me the most. I told him one or two things that had been bothering me lately. Had I gone into details it would have lasted 3 hours and his ears would have been ringing.

I was quite afraid to go. I didn't know what to expect. A part of me believed he was going to excommunicate me on the spot! Instead he was so kind. He gave me some counseling which helped me a great deal. I got absolution and had to do penance. It was weird. When I left there I felt so light. Like a boulder had been lifted from my shoulders.
    Funny and beautiful, whatever road can take you to internal peace is good, I wish you a nice continuation in your path.

I chose that image not because it's Joan of Arc but because she really looks like me! Same hairstyle, face shape. Only the eyes are different. I also don't wear armor and fight for France. And she's a few pounds lighter than me!
    For some reason I was sure you look like her. An abundance of cuteness.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,888
    Given: 16,895

2 Not allowed!

What is you opinion about traditionalist movements like FSSPX?
    I am in favor of them

But they never will reach a significant membership or influence, the catholic church died 1965

We witness the final form of the degeneration.

As a French guy, do you know Michel Onfrey? What he says in regards to the cultural war and the catholic church is incredibly true

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Funny and beautiful, whatever road can take you to internal peace is good, I wish you a nice continuation in your path.
    Thank you.

I took the husband to church two weeks ago. He's a non-practicing Baptist (Protestant) and knows nothing of the Catholic church.

His review of Mass:

1. If I want to do cardio I can go the gym! All this "up and down, stand, kneel, sit, kneel, kneel some more and stand again" doesn't work for him.

2. When it was time for the act of contrition he says he had enough. "All this confession bullshit! They make you feel like you're a piece of shit. Confess! Confess! Confess! Take out the cat 'o nine tails and whip yourself a hundred times because you're such a piece of shit!"

3. The homily was too short. He was settling in for a good ol' Baptist hour of preaching and suddenly it was over.

4. According to him the people speak too much and the priest says too little. All this reciting backwards and forwards. "I can go sit in front of a mirror and recite whatever I want to myself. I don't go to church to babble at the priest for an hour. HE is supposed to do the talking!"

5. "All you people believe that this piece of wafer turns into flesh and blood! What bullshit!"

He says he's been there now and done that - gone to Black Mass.

That's the way he is. I'm used to him being that way and I wouldn't want it any other way. I laugh at him. He said I can do whatever I want as long as I don't try to drag him to "that circus" again.

For some reason I was sure you look like her. An abundance of cuteness.
    Thank you for that.

Fantasy Peddler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    South Africa
    mtDNA
    I1b
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    No since the whole institution has clearly abonded mysticism and the holy spirit.

I am more of a sedevancist.
    Aren't they the ones who still do the Tridentine Mass? I'd LOVE to witness that. In Latin.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

1 Not allowed!

Silly concept. Only one you should confess and be forgiven by is Jesus.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    I am in favor of them

But they never will reach a significant membership or influence, the catholic church died 1965

We witness the final form of the degeneration.

As a French guy, do you know Michel Onfrey? What he says in regards to the cultural war and the catholic church is incredibly true
    I'm Algerian in my home-country (both citizenship and origin), I know my profile confuses people about my nationality.
    And yes Vatican II is just a wreck, but traditionalists aren't a solution to occidental degeneracy, we should expect big metamorphism in this century if Europe wants to remain a civilized territory, her old defense systems have cracked.
    And yeah I know about Onfray, I read a couple of his books and follow his chronics and debates, he is very good when it comes to apprehending the genealogy of Christianism and anatomizing societal problems like the problematic of war of religions, but on social modalities and economics I diverge completely even if I am Proudhonian to a certain degree which he cites as an influence but veer towards anarcho-communism, his hedonist vision of the world annoys me and he lacks profoundness in his political analyses (maybe because of the censorship threat). Still he is a brilliant mind, what disturbs me is that he has the right to say what other better than him can't in public media, like a kind of media toy bad-boy, they let him express his ideas so other more radical philosophers can't. He and Zemmour occupy the entirety of opposition intelligentsia in French TV.
    I recommend his best work: Atheist manifesto.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I'm Algerian in my home-country (both citizenship and origin), I know my profile confuses people about my nationality.
    And yes Vatican II is just a wreck, but traditionalists aren't a solution to occidental degeneracy, we should expect big metamorphism in this century if Europe wants to remain a civilized territory, her old defense systems have cracked.
    And yeah I know about Onfray, I read a couple of his books and follow his chronics and debates, he is very good when it comes to apprehending the genealogy of Christianism and anatomizing societal problems like the problematic of war of religions, but on social modalities and economics I diverge completely even if I am Proudhonian to a certain degree which he cites as an influence but veer towards anarcho-communism, his hedonist vision of the world annoys me and he lacks profoundness in his political analyses (maybe because of the censorship threat). Still he is a brilliant mind, what disturbs me is that he has the right to say what other better than him can't in public media, like a kind of media toy bad-boy, they let him express his ideas so other more radical philosophers can't. He and Zemmour occupy the entirety of opposition intelligentsia in French TV.
    I recommend his best work: Atheist manifesto.
    I dont know much about his debates and previous works but in the book Decadence he seemed to overthrow his former views in many aspects. He valued the christian culture and sees the decline of it, resulting in the destruction of the western world.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Aren't they the ones who still do the Tridentine Mass? I'd LOVE to witness that. In Latin.
    Yes but Benedikt 16. also reintrodouced the latin mass for regular catholics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information