Thread: This is what Jesus wants to save you from...

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,942
    Given: 45,031

3 Not allowed!

Default This is what Jesus wants to save you from...

Help support Apricity by making a donation

Last Online
    02-03-2022 @ 08:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Balkans
    Country
    France
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    K1b1a1
    Hero
    Shlomo, Muhammad, Umar II, Arp Aslan, Rupert of the Rhine, Henry IV, Eisenhower, King Faycal
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 99

3 Not allowed!

All religions and their respective subdivisions have arguments and proof, how do one manage to discern which sect is more true than the other. Many people convert through many ways.

I personnally wonder if there is actually one religion which is a the only truth. I always believed that there was a God who created the universe. Thus I worship him, calling him The Creator but I lack structure without dogma.

I read a lot during the last several years about religions and especially about Christianity and Islam. I learned to thoroughly distinguish the main branches of Christianity & Islam, sometimes seeking further details on sub-branches. I read about 70% of the Protestant Bible (which have only 66 books) and the Quran. I really liked both but some parts of the New Testament confused me, whereas I had previously learned Arabic so reading the Quran in full in its original language maked it easier to understand its style and its content thus it appeared to me as more concise and more logical. Besides that I read exegeses of both books and listened to miscellaneous subjects discussed by Ravs, Rabbis, Catholic & Orthodox Priests, Pastors, Imams, Sheicks, Ulemas from different countries.

And to this day, even though I respect Abrahamic Religions I'm still unable to believe in Heaven or Hell, and I don't understand when for example a Lutherian claims to be in the only right path whilst a Calvinist will assert the same thing and telling that Lutherians are wrong thereby damned to Hell.... Really this is so confusing. So, how do you personnaly deal with such a mess ? What are the evidences which allow you to believe what you believe? Did you see signs or proofs or something else?. I'm always curious.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

0 Not allowed!

Nice

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Qamari View Post

And to this day, even though I respect Abrahamic Religions I'm still unable to believe in Heaven or Hell, and I don't understand when for example a Lutherian claims to be in the only right path whilst a Calvinist will assert the same thing and telling that Lutherians are wrong thereby damned to Hell.... Really this is so confusing. So, how do you personnaly deal with such a mess ? What are the evidences which allow you to believe what you believe? Did you see signs or proofs or something else?. I'm always curious.
    My friend, I can tell you that my certainty about the Gospel of Jesus Christ being the "real deal" is exactly 100%. Also, heaven and hell are real places that people go to when they die. I know this for a fact.

How am I so sure? Well.. where do I start? You should have a look in this Christian section, there are many threads on the topic that you can look at, that all contribute to the certainty that you can have about Jesus being the only way to heaven and eternal life with God. What evidences do I have? I will briefly list a few points:

1) The Bible... the most significant compilation of books in history, definitely inspired by God. The facts about Jesus in the Bible are true historically. There is no book like the Bible, it has no alternative, no competitor (no, not even the Quran).
    2) The life of Jesus -- he was crucified and rose from the dead -- his is a historical fact
    3) The disciples of Jesus -- all of them loved not their lives more than spreading the gospel to the world... and today the fruit of their endeavours is that Christianity is the largest religion on earth and the most widespread by far.. and still rapidly growing in areas that were not traditionally Christian, like China and elsewhere in Asia, even the Muslim world -- many reports of Jesus appearing to Muslims who have never heard of Christianity
    4) Credible near-death reports -- many of them -- of people who died and saw Jesus, heaven and hell... and were let back by Jesus to testify. Literally hundreds of cases, it seems, also including visions and spiritual dreams
    5) Personal testimonies of many people who became Christians -- including atheists and those of other religions... testimonies that are very significant and credible

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever, because I also have a personal experience of the presence of God, and I have loved ones who have had too...

Last Online
    02-03-2022 @ 08:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Balkans
    Country
    France
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    K1b1a1
    Hero
    Shlomo, Muhammad, Umar II, Arp Aslan, Rupert of the Rhine, Henry IV, Eisenhower, King Faycal
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 99

0 Not allowed!

I know a fair amount of Chrisitians but they all have their own points of view and interpretations of the scriptures. My own father converted to Christianity (Protestantism), but without being arrogant it appears that I know his book more than him but he answers me that this is not important because he feels "the Holy Spirit".... Well, hence we got no choices but wait for God to send us a sign like he sends to people as you said. But, it also happens to other religions, and consequently people become Jew or Muslim, or Catholics if they see a sign of Virgin Mary (which Protestants will say it's a sign from the devil).

Nevertheless thank you for your answer and I shall check the Christianity forum as you suggested

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Qamari View Post
    I know a fair amount of Chrisitians but they all have their own points of view and interpretations of the scriptures. My own father converted to Christianity (Protestantism), but without being arrogant it appears that I know his book more than him but he answers me that this is not important because he feels "the Holy Spirit".... Well, hence we got no choices but wait for God to send us a sign like he sends to people as you said. But, it also happens to other religions, and consequently people become Jew or Muslim, or Catholics if they see a sign of Virgin Mary (which Protestants will say it's a sign from the devil).
    You shouldn't discount what your father tells you... he is right. And remember that the Holy Spirit is in agreement with the Bible. How can you know the Bible better than he does? I doubt you do... but also remember that being a christian is not about head-knowledge. You can memorize the entire Bible and recite it, and it wouldn't make you a Christian, nor give you any knowledge about God if you don't take what is written to heart. So, your "knowledge" of the Bible probably doesn't carry much weight at this point, and your father knows more about its meaning.

Okay, check the section's threads, you might find something interesting.

Thread Information