R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,924
    Given: 7,449

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfcypriot View Post
    I have often noticed that in the case of South East European countries that the Christians seem to be way more religious than the Muslims. Same goes for Cyprus.
    I don't think this is true. The reason you may have that perception is because SE European Muslims are often said to be irreligious due to always being compared to Afro-Asian Muslims. People often use Albanians and Bosniaks as famous examples of Muslims that aren't obsessed with jihad, sharia, etc. and culturally European people. When the religiousness of Christian SE European people is brought up, its often in comparison to that of Western European (and Anglosphere) Christians, who are significantly less religious than any religious group in SE Europe. So when you put these two comparisons together, you end up with irreligious Muslims and religious Christians.

Another place where this happens is Russia (excluding the Caucasus). In Russia, Tatars are shown as an example of Muslims that can easily integrate and aren't Islamist in their thinking. Whereas ethnic Russians in the West are brought up as an example of a Christian people who are still stuck with a backwards religious mindset based on the fact that they're anti-LGBT, anti-feminism, etc. So when you combine the stereotypes regarding Turkic Muslims of Russia together with the stereotypes of ethnic Russians, then you get the impression that Tatars are irreligious Muslims whereas ethnic Russians are some very religious people. However, the reality is that both are conservative by Western standards and both would be seen as very irreligious by the standards of Afro-Asian Muslims.

I don't know if it really is different in Cyprus, but I'd imagine that SE European Muslims and Christians are both equally religious for the most part with a few exceptions. These exceptions are Sanjak Muslims and the Albanian Muslims living outside Albania where the Muslims tend to be more religious. In Bulgaria, the Muslims are said to be less religious than the Christians. People from Albania (of all religions) may be less religious than the rest of the Balkans since there was a more brutal suppression of religion there during Enver Hoxha's communist regime (they don't even have a large mosque in Tirana yet), but their conservatism is still likely on a similar scale. As a whole, I don't think there's a significant difference between Christians and Muslims in the Balkans. Even though Balkan Muslims are irreligious by Afro-Asian standards, religion still does play a part in their life and is an important part of their identity. They aren't Northwest Europeans after all.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I don't think this is true. The reason you may have that perception is because SE European Muslims are often said to be irreligious due to always being compared to Afro-Asian Muslims. People often use Albanians and Bosniaks as famous examples of Muslims that aren't obsessed with jihad, sharia, etc. and culturally European people. When the religiousness of Christian SE European people is brought up, its often in comparison to that of Western European (and Anglosphere) Christians, who are significantly less religious than any religious group in SE Europe. So when you put these two comparisons together, you end up with irreligious Muslims and religious Christians.

Another place where this happens is Russia (excluding the Caucasus). In Russia, Tatars are shown as an example of Muslims that can easily integrate and aren't Islamist in their thinking. Whereas ethnic Russians in the West are brought up as an example of a Christian people who are still stuck with a backwards religious mindset based on the fact that they're anti-LGBT, anti-feminism, etc. So when you combine the stereotypes regarding Turkic Muslims of Russia together with the stereotypes of ethnic Russians, then you get the impression that Tatars are irreligious Muslims whereas ethnic Russians are some very religious people. However, the reality is that both are conservative by Western standards and both would be seen as very irreligious by the standards of Afro-Asian Muslims.

I don't know if it really is different in Cyprus, but I'd imagine that SE European Muslims and Christians are both equally religious for the most part with a few exceptions. These exceptions are Sanjak Muslims and the Albanian Muslims living outside Albania where the Muslims tend to be more religious. In Bulgaria, the Muslims are said to be less religious than the Christians. People from Albania (of all religions) may be less religious than the rest of the Balkans since there was a more brutal suppression of religion there during Enver Hoxha's communist regime (they don't have a large mosque in Tirana yet), but their conservatism is still likely on a similar scale. As a whole, I don't think there's a significant difference between Christians and Muslims in the Balkans. Even though Balkan Muslims are irreligious by Afro-Asian standards, religion still does play a part in their life and is an important part of their identity. They aren't Northwest Europeans after all.
    In Cyprus, most Muslims are non-practicing and consume alcohol, some do eat pork as well but this is less common than the latter, most women do not wear hijab. On the other hand, the Christians are quite religious and conservative and go to monasteries and church often.

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 200

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    I would offer to mediate, rather than side
    Well said. I wish peace too and co-operation rather than conflict between us. Maybe the newer generation will have more tolerance towards each other. Serbs like you make me more open minded towards Serbs in general.

OP is a faggot btw.

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

Albanian language sounds nice

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-22-2023 @ 01:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,173
    Given: 5,255

1 Not allowed!

SRBIJA brate!

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xz2k9 View Post
    Well said. I wish peace too and co-operation rather than conflict between us. Maybe the newer generation will have more tolerance towards each other. Serbs like you make me more open minded towards Serbs in general.

OP is a faggot btw.
    Ur a faggot

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Србин
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by black hole View Post
    Serbians are spiritual and humble
    Russia and Serbia will be brothers forever.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

THEY ARE GONNA SHOOT VUCIC SOON

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,886
    Given: 26,288

1 Not allowed!

Spiritually Albania
    Mentally Both
    Historically Serbia
    Culturally Albania
    Phenotypically It's a tie
    Linguistically None of them
    Politically Serbia

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 200

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Сербия.

Spiritually - yes
    Mentally - yes
    Historically - yes (injustice & dishonesty against Serbia & Serbs from coward liars and dirty hypocrites, bombardment & mass murdering of local innocent population. I understand very well the pain they felt during and after the merciless brutal wars.. bcs experienced the same situation a long time ago)
    Culturally - yes
    Phenotypically - yes
    Linguistically - yes
    Politically - yes
    + the climate, nature & landscape are exactly the same
    Here is a Serbian that admits massacres in Kosovo on the Albanian population. Most of the massacres were committed by Serbs and done on Albanian civilians .... though of course also some Serbs were killed ..... as for bombings, it was Serbia's politicians that got them bombed. They should blame their politicians that have left them nothing but war.

It was also a Serbian politician, Milosovic, that basically ruined Yugoslavia when he started priotizing Serbs over other nationalities of Yugoslavia.

Serbian nationalists are too brainwashed to criticize their own government, no injustice has been done as they should of never invaded majority Albanian areas in the First Balkan Wars in the first place where they massacred a load of Albanian civilians even then and which ended up a part of Albanians becoming part of what became later Yugoslavia and which eventually ended up in the wars in the 1990's .... and even if they had occupied those areas, their policies towards the Albanian population should of been much better which it certainly wasn't .... this was also said by a Serb Dimitrije Tucovic who was smart of enough at that time to criticize his own governments actions.

Nationalist Serbs cannot see it from this point of view.

They also never apologized for these massacres or recognized them. They still portray themselves as the one and only victims. Yet mass graves of Albanian civilians were found hidden in some dumps in Serbia.

Look also at what occurred in Bosnia and the massacres there.

Ironic you're talking to us about massacres here when lots of the victims were actually non-Serbs . (Thoug I don't deny that there were Serbs victims too as all sides had radical people )

I could twist around too and depict Russians as victims and say look at what the Chechens did in Russia where they kidnapped the Beslan school and killed those children . Or all those Russian civilians they killed but I know it was Russians that were the aggressors first and started killing Chechens. Though this doesn't justify bombing a school full of children.

At least Albanians never bombed a school full of children though

We are accused of selling some kidneys which there was never any evidence for .... Ironically Serbia was accused of doing this to Albanian civilians too with the help of Russian doctors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information