Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who is closer to Judaism? islam or christianity(jews answer)

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,559
    Given: 451

0 Not allowed!

Israeli nationalists seem to affirm from my experience that the Christians in Israel are 'Israelis', or am I wrong? But the Christians there are Palestinian Arabs, are they not? Like Anis Shorrosh.

Forgive an ignorant for asking.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,068
    Given: 39,684

0 Not allowed!

There are two aspects to that, doctrine and cultural. You may find that Methodists and Reform Jews are quite similar in their notion of acceptance and openness. Doctrine wise it's hard to compare a lot of sects of Christianity with Judaism. Even Judaism and Islam have some fundamental differences such as Jesus being a prophet and the Messiah. I like to say Christianity is a Jewish reform religion and Islam is a Christian reform sect (more emphasis on monotheism and devoid of the trinity). All of them are connected but Judaism and Islam follow certain trends. 1. dietary laws 2. Food requirements 3. strict monotheism 4. Strict laws on idolitry. 5. Scheduled worship times (Jews pray 3 times a day, muslims 5). if you look past the religious similarities Christianity and Judaism in this day and age share a lot more cultural ties and their bond is much more formal. The rise of Islamism and other more extreme schools of thought have separated Islam and Judaism culturally. Religiously Christians are quite distinct due to the Roman Church's absorption and fusion with Pagans. If we are talking about Protestants than the divide starts to lessen a bit, Protestants purposely attempted to revert back to more strict views on things. Jews and Muslims also have books of law and interpretation, Hadith and the Talmud. Protestants solely rely on the bible and their pastors interpretation in most cases, they have no book of legal record and interpretation.
    Last edited by PaleoEuropean; 05-03-2019 at 11:58 PM.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,068
    Given: 39,684

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Israeli nationalists seem to affirm from my experience that the Christians in Israel are 'Israelis', or am I wrong? But the Christians there are Palestinian Arabs, are they not? Like Anis Shorrosh.

Forgive an ignorant for asking.
    Jews of in Israel are pretty accepting of who is Israeli and who isn't. But Christians in Israel largely identify as Arab and Palestinian not Israeli. In some cases the Muslim community oddly identifies more as Israel such as the case of Bedouins.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

2 Not allowed!

Modern Rabbinic Judaism is very different from the original Jewish religion that Christianity grew out of -- and is actually a younger religion than Christianity (few realise it). They added later Talmudic stuff, a great deal of it, and also rejected parts that were too uncomfortably close to showing Jesus as the Messiah, and close to early Christianity. Hence they made sure they corrupted some Old Testament texts in the Masoretic "tradition" (we are nowadays discovering what they had done... ). Thankfully we had an early Greek translation from the original Hebrew, in the Septuagint... as evidence how they tampered with stuff to try to erase Jesus from Old Testament prophecy. The Masoretic text that they tried to sell as as the "original" dates from the 9th century... But God knows these things and provided for Christians.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,277
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

^Not really. The Ein Gedi texts (dead sea scrolls) show minimal changes (normally points of grammar) between texts from the 3rd century BC and today. Maybe you're referring to things like the classical Christian reading of words for 'maid' as 'virgin' but even if you read them that way, the Masoretic Text hasn't changed the word itself, you'd just be arguing that the word initially meant 'virgin' (hence the Septuagint's differing translation). Considering the emphasis placed on literacy in Judaism and the fact the entire TaNaKH is read aloud segment by segment to the entire community in its totality over the course of a year, it would be very difficult for (say) 3rd century Rabbis to edit it, as people would have picked up on it, in the same way that if you took away my copy of Ender's Game, changed a bunch of sentences and words, then gave it back to me to re-read, I'd pick up on that.

Obviously all religions evolve, including Christianity, Islam and Judaism, and Judaism had to react to the loss of the Temple, but the Talmud isn't an addition to canon, whereas the New Testament is. The most recent addition to Jewish canon isn't even the most recent addition to the Christian Old Testament, which includes Maccabees and others books written after the final redaction of the TaNaKH (Hebrew bible). I know it's tempting to claim seniority, so to speak, but even if Rabbinic Judaism were younger than Christianity, and it isn't - Jesus was a Rabbi, we know Rabbis and their teachings predate Christianity, for sure, even if it did constitute a major evolution of the religion - there are non-Rabbinic variants of Judaism that are still extant. The major one, Karaism, claims an uninterrupted pedigree to the Sadduccees, but this is in doubt, in my eyes. The minor one, Samaritanism, is clearly older than Christianity, as it is referenced in the New Testament.

n the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!”
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,894
    Given: 44,971

0 Not allowed!

The fact that they called Jesus a "Rabbi" shouldn't really surprise anyone since he was a teacher, and in those days religious teachers were called Rabbis. One shouldn't read too much into that.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,277
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The fact that they called Jesus a "Rabbi" shouldn't really surprise anyone since he was a teacher, and in those days religious teachers were called Rabbis. One shouldn't read too much into that.
    The institution of Rabbi has evolved since then. However, the majority of the primary commentators in the Gemara are rabbis in the same way - teachers.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,890
    Given: 24,545

1 Not allowed!

I would have to say it's definitely Islam. The difference is that Islam is theocracy based on beliefs while Judaism is based on racial lines.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information