View Poll Results: Independent Kurdistan: would you support it? (even by mere agreement)

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

43 55.13%
  • No

17 21.79%
  • I don't know

8 10.26%
  • I don't care

10 12.82%
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Independent Kurdistan: would you support it?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsally77 View Post
    65 million turks and 15 milion kurds. Your theory is impossible.
    Your numbers are intentionally wrong. Total Turkish are 55-60 million (70-75 %) and Kurds are 16-17 million (18-20 %) (by CIA country fact book). It is not my theory. Your president himself said it and it makes sense as well because Kurdish birthrate is almost double the average Turkish. Demographic instability is a weapon.

Again, as an Iranian it is none of my concern what turkish government decides for the future of Turkey. I was merely commenting on incoming ethnic change in Turkey.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-17-2023 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    lol
    Ethnicity
    lol
    Ancestry
    lol
    Country
    Mongolia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,234
    Given: 978

1 Not allowed!

Yes, I support Kurdistan (in Iraq) because they are already autonomous and they make up a majority in their province. I don't support it in Turkey or Syria.

Last Online
    11-11-2020 @ 08:31 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkaz, Pontic
    Ethnicity
    Circassian
    Ancestry
    Pontic
    Country
    Adyghea
    Taxonomy
    Steppe Pontid+Uralid
    Politics
    earth terraforming after the Great Istanbul Earthquake
    Religion
    Khabzeist Alevism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 884
    Given: 1,097

0 Not allowed!

Do I want another country in live map with 7 different colors? Nah

Banned
    Last Online
    07-18-2020 @ 08:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    prehistoric peoples
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,839
    Given: 341

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hajimurad View Post
    Yes and specifically Kermanshah area, whe were historical Kurdish cities (Hulwan, Nehavend, Shahrazur, Kangavar). They spread to Taurus mountains (Bohtan and Hakkari), western Azerbaijan and plains of Mosul during IX-Xth centuries when were formed first Kurdish emirates (Shaddadid, Marwanid, Hasanwayhid, Hadhabani). After battle of Chaldiran (ethnic cleansing of Shia Turkmens by Salim Yavuz) and ethnic cleansing of Armenians in 1915 Kurds became a majority in Eastern Turkey.

this might have been the reason why the vast majority of Turkish members disagree on most things like this controversial historical topic that Kurds are, apparently, indigenous folk living in the eastern Turkey and should not have any opportunities to get independence. Don't you mind to derail this thread a bit because someone is clearly using an inaccurate and exaggerated ridiculously drawn map of the Persian influence and presence in the significant parts in glorious and noble Kavkaz shown in his signature? I assume you might already have noticed it, as well

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,430
    Given: 2,719

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    The majority of the provinces in Turkey where Kurds are majority today, used to be inhabited by Armenians and others. It's well known that most people in many regions of Eastern Turkey are just assimilated. We don't know how many people there were assimilated/Kurdified in Turkey and other countries.

Ethnic Kurds (i mean, not assimilated/mixed) get Iranian in the first place in the gedmatch oracles. You like it or not.
    They identify as Kurds and not Turkish and that is what matters right now. Turkish also identity as Turkish even though majority of their DNA is not Turkic.

And yes ethnic Kurds are as much Iranic as Persians. Why would I not like it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kivan View Post
    It's just your wishfull thinking. They always had bigger birth rates for several decades and still are minority in the country. More easy we re-populate Southeastern Turkey with other Turks/Turkics (yes, you know what's our methods) than Kurds become majority in our own lands.
    Where have I said that I want Kurds to replace Turkey ? It is neither my wish nor my concern since I am neither Turkish nor Kurdish from Turkey. Turks are being out bred you like it or not.

Your logic is flawed. Kurdish birthrate is sustained while it is the Turkish birthrate that got dropped which is causing this ethnic change in future.

You are trying to hint towards a genocide of Kurds inside in Turkey like the Armenian one. Lets see how viable it is. It is almost impossible in modern days. If state of turkey tries it then enemies of Turkey (there are plenty, Iran is not one) will start funneling money and strategic weaponry to Kurdish militant organizations and they will unleash hell on Turkish population resulting into a civil war. Ballistic and cruise missiles (Like houthis) will be fired upon Turkish infrastructure esp against points where foreign investment is coming (that what enemies will want). There will be drone attacks, Hava Kuvetleri will bomb villages, in retaliation there will be daily bomb blasts and ambushes in major cities. Tourism industry will go down, foreign investment will run away, government will try to seek allies and in return will have to make deals which favor allies not turkey (Iran Russian Alliance in Syria). Death, Chaos, Weakened State, Torn up federation. Remember something, civil war never has a winner. Countries get torn apart and become dependent for ages on their allies pretty much like Suriye, Iraq, Afghanistan. Turkey is like a financial midget in front of KSA yet KSA with its Giant economy, Large air force and support from US failed miserably against Houthis very recently. US itself failed against Taliban. Ultra nationalists dreaming of genocides are imbeciles with no knowledge of modern warfare. You go nuts on your minority, you give your enemies new and committed allies. Post WWII, almost no suppression has ever succeeded which is why Erdogan is not bombing Kurds daily.

I am no enemy of Turkey I am just stating what we have seen in recent times. If turkish are clever they will have to increase their birthrates.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

1 Not allowed!

Kurdistan would be a land locked country among large neighbours , it would be just playground for power politics .
    Borders should stay as they are in the region , a better assimilation of all ethnicities under plularalistic democracy where federation is reletively weaker is only feaible solution for multi ethnic countries, not every one can apply han chinese model of monolith and can acheive success(high economic growth) since diversity is huge in other countries.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    German/Azeri
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R-Z2122
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,702
    Given: 8,964

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meson View Post
    If turkish are clever they will have to increase their birthrates.
    This will never be an option for civilized people. Best way would be to enhance infrastructure of South-Eastern regions and focus on education to remove tribalistic structures of Kurds the birth rates will decrease by itself.
    This problem is not only a problem of Turkey but a problem the whole modern world has to face in the coming centuries.

Last Online
    11-03-2023 @ 09:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani
    Country
    Pakistan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,274
    Given: 1,063

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp Snow View Post
    This will never be an option for civilized people. Best way would be to enhance infrastructure of South-Eastern regions and focus on education to remove tribalistic structures of Kurds the birth rates will decrease by itself if Kurds are able.
    increasing birth rates is very unrealistic , short sighted and primitive way of increasing dominance , first its mathematically not possible since gap between turks and kurds is very big in numbers , seconly overpopulation can be a huge issue in long term as countries can stuck in middle income trap.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 747

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyp Snow View Post
    Because despite being a multiethnic or multilingual state it's runned by Persian Chauvinism since the Pahlavis.
    Same goes for Turkey not taking sides here.
    I can talk about some stories of my own family if you want.. but not on this thread.
    As far as Iran is concerned IMO it is not as simple as that. The Qajars were north Azeris that settled in Mazanbdran and rose to power.

Reza Shah was Mazandarani and part Georgian and his wife the mother of Mohammed Reza Shah was from Baku and was ethnic Azerbaijani. Mohammed Reza Shah's wife, Shahbanu is half Azeri and half Gilaki. Reza Shah II is married to an ethnic Azerbaijani.

Khomeini was Persian from central Iran but his family is originally from Khorasan. Bazargan and BaniSadr were both Ethnic Azeri, and they were the first ministers of the Islamic Republic. Khamenei is half Azeri and half Mashahadi and Identifies as Azeri because his father made Azerbaijani the language of his household. That is his mother tongue.

Ethnic identity is much more complex in Iran. As you can see in Iran rulers are seldom ethnic Persians. So Chauvinism is really a very inaccurate word to identify these regimes.
    Last edited by Negah; 12-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    Burkina-Faso
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 747

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsally77 View Post
    Because of your government you idiot. Your disgusting worthless government force them to identify theirselves as persians. You asimilate them.
    Not as simple as that. Are you telling me Gilakis, Mazandarnis, Tats, Talyash, Lurs, Bakhtiari's, etc are forced to be Persians?

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information