View Poll Results: Are Albanians Proud to be Muslim?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 54.17%
  • No

11 45.83%
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Albanians Proud to be Muslim? Poll!

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KastriotiBlood View Post
    Dude wtf is heaven. Please grow up and live your life. Stop caring about middle eastern creations, why don't you go live in jerusalem amongst the people you worship to see how much you fit in? I bet you wouldn't like it.
    From my own experience, Albanians seem to be the most nationalistic people I know.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Shqiptar, Ilyrian, Italian?
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Agnostic/Atheist, animal interest/endearment
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfcypriot View Post
    From my own experience, Albanians seem to be the most nationalistic people I know.
    We are and i think it has to do with others trying to take away our identity but our language has withstood, I have gotten in trouble over it at work before and at another job was given the nickname "nationalist insert my name here" by a guy at work, as a joke

I am just glad that slowly the world is overcoming religion and I am more widely accepted as an irreligious person, but some people are still sucked into it like isis are showing

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KastriotiBlood View Post
    We are and i think it has to do with others trying to take away our identity but our language has withstood, I have gotten in trouble over it at work before and at another job was given the nickname "nationalist insert my name here" by a guy at work, as a joke

I am just glad that slowly the world is overcoming religion and I am more widely accepted as an irreligious person, but some people are still sucked into it like isis are showing
    Well its non of my business anyway.

Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 105

0 Not allowed!

We are heavily divided when it comes to religion , this shocks even me as Albanian. In Macedonia i divide Albanians in 3 groups:

1. The heavily religious Albanians who are more extreme than the Isis members , they are a small minority of around 5% of all Albanians in Macedonia, usually people from villages who haven't finished school but suprisingly they have really good talking skills mainly because they read alot of religious stuff translated into Albanian.

2. The heavily atheist/pro-european Albanians who would insult you on the street if you have a beard , they want to close all mosques and would never let their son marry a girl from a religious family, they equally hate the religious orthodox/catholics. They represent a good chunk of the Albanians ( Around 30-40% ) , quite nationalist and Scanderbeg is their superman , 99.99% of school teachers are like this and i think its mandatory to be atheist to be a teacher where i live. The youth of this group are football fanatics.

3. The third group and the biggest is the moderate Albanians , who are muslim and they go to the mosque only on Friday ( and post a picture on Facebook about it) the rest of the week they do whatever ( work, coffee , night clubs ) . They also all like Turkey as a country but would like to be into the European union , they are heavily materialistic and like football/cars.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDorian View Post
    Jesus was not dark skinned

He probably was light olive and looked Middle Eastern Caucasian similar to Assyrians

This is how Jesus is depicted on old Byzantine icons and its probably how he looked like

Not that it matters
    To someone who did realy understand the Christian teaching it actually doesn't
    Wrong. He was the same as jews from that time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bennort...dissident/amp/

Byzantine did not care for what he looked like, they changed his appearance to suit their agenda, they invented Christianity to have a general rule over the empire and its people under one government 350 years after "jesus" died, that wasnt his real name by the way. Also him being a jew helped the romans expand their territory well into the middle east

Bogdan

0 Not allowed!

The Albanians I have known have all been Orthodox Christians.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HERK View Post
    We are heavily divided when it comes to religion , this shocks even me as Albanian. In Macedonia i divide Albanians in 3 groups:

1. The heavily religious Albanians who are more extreme than the Isis members , they are a small minority of around 5% of all Albanians in Macedonia, usually people from villages who haven't finished school but suprisingly they have really good talking skills mainly because they read alot of religious stuff translated into Albanian.

2. The heavily atheist/pro-european Albanians who would insult you on the street if you have a beard , they want to close all mosques and would never let their son marry a girl from a religious family, they equally hate the religious orthodox/catholics. They represent a good chunk of the Albanians ( Around 30-40% ) , quite nationalist and Scanderbeg is their superman , 99.99% of school teachers are like this and i think its mandatory to be atheist to be a teacher where i live. The youth of this group are football fanatics.

3. The third group and the biggest is the moderate Albanians , who are muslim and they go to the mosque only on Friday ( and post a picture on Facebook about it) the rest of the week they do whatever ( work, coffee , night clubs ) . They also all like Turkey as a country but would like to be into the European union , they are heavily materialistic and like football/cars.
    I agree with most of this except for 2 points.

No albanians are more religious than isis, isis is the exteme in fact no one out there is more religious than them, only the pope comes close.

As for atheist albanians, I am one and always have been. Ive never been in a mosque and only went inside a church with a school when i was young. I grow a beard when i feel like it, sometimes tiny sometimes bigger (red tint in the middle which scared my ex).

Basically I don't care for rules, growing a beard doesn't make you religious, it makes you human. Cave men and people before religions grew beards too

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 12,788

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    The Albanians I have known have all been Orthodox Christians.
    You live in Chicago? From my understanding Albanians in Chicago are more typically Orthodox Christian. NYC seems like a mixed bag.

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 12,788

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skerdilaid View Post
    Frank, when the day comes that the likes of you can lecture me on morals, it would be the day that I would drain my blood to the last drop.
    I'm sure you'll fuck that up as well as you fucked up pretending to be a war veteran.

Bogdan

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    You live in Chicago? From my understanding Albanians in Chicago are more typically Orthodox Christian. NYC seems like a mixed bag.
    I live in the New England area.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information