Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Secular Liberal, Progressive Leftist
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 756

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    These guy's hate religion so much they make a show based off discussing religion. Makes sense.
    They don't hate religion. They find religion implausible and tell people why they should not believe it.
    There is no evidence that there is a celestial being that supposedly created the universe.
    Often God is unfalsifiable (by definition cannot be proven false). It is up to the theist to demonstrate there is a God. It isn't up to the atheist to disprove God.
    They live in Texas, a very reli gious state, in which they are used to dealing with theists.
    They do not have degrees in philosophy, they are merely volunteering their time (without getting paid).

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Agapetos View Post
    Atheism is simply the default position on the proposition "Does a God exist?".
    If you believe in a God you are a theist, any other answer brings you to atheism, the position of not believing there is a God.

How did you get this religious? What made you convert to Christianity. Just curious.
    The default position would be agnosticism, Atheism is someone making the conscious decision not to believe in a higher power.

Every single society in history has had a concept of god, if Atheism was so inherent to the human species, such a default position, that wouldn't be the case, but throughout history god has prevailed in some form. If atheism was so default religion would of never existed, we would of been atheist from day one; but a belief in god is inherent in humans. Some scientific studies claim children have a belief in a higher power from birth.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0714103828.htm

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,949
    Given: 45,023

1 Not allowed!

Atheism is simply the default position on the proposition "Does a God exist?".
    If you believe in a God you are a theist, any other answer brings you to atheism, the position of not believing there is a God.

How did you get this religious? What made you convert to Christianity. Just curious.
    No, I disagree. It is not "the default position". Humans are created to be curious about God, and to desire our creator and desire to find him and get to know him. It's inbuilt in our DNA so-to-speak. The first man, Adam, walked with God. We were originally created to have fellowship with God. That is why we will always have a deep hunger in our souls that can only be satisfied by experiencing God's love and presence. And you ask me how I "got this religious"? Firstly, I am not religious. I know God. There is a difference. I don't care about organised religion. But I know the Bible is true, and Jesus is real. So... how did I get to be like this? The answer is simple... I experienced God! I came into his presence and immediately recognised it as God. It's something that I cannot adequately describe with words, because it is beyond words and beyond vocabulary.

I am not alone in this. I asked you a question... did you realise how many people are having supernatural experiences with God (Jesus) nowadays? I have tried to record some of it by making threads about individual testimonies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/fo...f-to-the-World

^^ Look at the link above. Are all those people lying? Making it up? Am I perhaps making it up?
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

They don't hate religion. They find religion implausible and tell people why they should not believe it.
    There is no evidence that there is a celestial being that supposedly created the universe.
    Often God is unfalsifiable (by definition cannot be proven false). It is up to the theist to demonstrate there is a God. It isn't up to the atheist to disprove God.
    They live in Texas, a very reli gious state, in which they are used to dealing with theists.
    They do not have degrees in philosophy, they are merely volunteering their time (without getting paid).
    You are wrong, there is plenty of evidence for God. You only have to open your eyes. And then we have the first person experience testimonies of people who have seen heaven (also hell), and Jesus.

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    The default position would be agnosticism, Atheism is someone making the conscious decision not to believe in a higher power.

Every single society in history has had a concept of god, if Atheism was so inherent to the human species, such a default position, that wouldn't be the case, but throughout history god has prevailed in some form. If atheism was so default religion would of never existed, we would of been atheist from day one; but a belief in god is inherent in humans. Some scientific studies claim children have a belief in a higher power from birth.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0714103828.htm
    Agnosticism addresses "knowledge". Atheism addresses "belief".
    They are not mutually exclusive.

For example

Agnostic Atheist = I do NOT believe in a God, but I don't know it
    Gnostic Atheist = I believe 'there is no God'
    Agnostic Theist = I believe in God but don't know it
    Gnostic Theist = I believe in God and I know it

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, I disagree. It is not "the default position". Humans are created to be curious about God, and to desire our creator and desire to find him and get to know him. It's inbuilt in our DNA so-to-speak. The first man, Adam, walked with God. We were originally created to have fellowship with God. That is why we will always have a deep hunger in our souls that can only be satisfied by experiencing God's love and presence. And you ask me how I "got this religious"? Firstly, I am not religious. I know God. There is a difference. I don't care about organised religion. But I know the Bible is true, and Jesus is real. So... how did I get to be like this? The answer is simple... I experienced God! I came into his presence and immediately recognised it as God. It's something that I cannot adequately describe with words, because it is beyond words and beyond vocabulary.

I am not alone in this. I asked you a question... did you realise how many people are having supernatural experiences with God (Jesus) nowadays? I have tried to record some of it by making threads about individual testimonies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/fo...f-to-the-World

^^ Look at the link above. Are all those people lying? Making it up? Am I perhaps making it up?
    Atheism is the rejection of theistic claims. Theist says "There is a God". The atheist disbelieves until such time there is evidence to support it.
    Proposition: "There is a God"
    Yes: Theist (Alternative Hypothesis)
    No: Atheist (Null Hypothesis/Default)

Until such time as God has been demonstrated to exist, I do not believe it. Belief must be proportioned to the evidence. What evidence is there that there is a God? I don't believe there is a God is not the same as saying I believe there is no God. If that were my claim, I'd have a burden of proof. But I am not claiming to be able to refute any deity that is unfalsifiable (by definition this would be impossible).

I recommend a book by Sam Harris - A Guide to Spirituality without Religion.
    I believe in spiritual experiences. But why are you attributing God to it? How do you know that what you experienced isn't just the sum total of neurochemical activity of neurons (completely natural). People can also have entheogenic effects on psychoactive drugs (again completely natural/ no supernature required to postulate). Where are you getting this supernatural space from, wherein you have placed your God and angels and the rest of the unfalsifiable entities of religion.

How would you demonstrate the supernatural?
    How would the supernatural act with the natural world?
    What is the nature of this interraction between supernature and nature? Is the interraction natural or supernatural?
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 01-10-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This guy is a total liar. What good does it do you to listen to a liar? I guess you like what he is saying, and hoping it was true... as in wishful thinking?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I recommend a book by Sam Harris - A Guide to Spirituality without Religion.
    I believe in spiritual experiences. But why are you attributing God to it?
    That's ridiculous. I am not "attributing it to God", I KNOW it is God. Did you read what I wrote you about many people seeing Jesus? Did you look into it? And Sam Harris is a retard. He doesn't know anything about this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information