Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Britain/Ireland Closer to France and Spain(west), or Germany, Netherlands and Scandinavia?

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Brits and Irish are closns than Southern German. I think they are closer to Northern Germans than Southern Germans. Anyway there are a few differences I've noticed in Gedmatch results with English having a bit more of a southern pull and being closer
    There might also be some differences in different areas as well. In theach other creating more differences.
    Isn't this relatively speaking? For example Irish are more similar to North Dutch than the south dutch by a wide margin compared to the British. But the British are still more similar to the north dutch than the Irish. In fact British are similar to every continental population than the Irish, though comparitavely more southern shifted i.e the gap between england and north dutch is only slightly smaller than england and belgium.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,053
    Given: 6,631

1 Not allowed!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,593
    Given: 29,041

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    Isn't this relatively speaking? For example Irish are more similar to North Dutch than the south dutch by a wide margin compared to the British. But the British are still more similar to the north dutch than the Irish. In fact British are similar to every continental population than the Irish, though comparitavely more southern shifted i.e the gap between england and north dutch is only slightly smaller than england and belgium.
    This is a good genetic distance table I found from the Irish Traveller DNA study. What is interesting on this is that the English come out even closer to France than they are to Ireland. Yes on this Ireland is more distant to all countries than England is which is not really surprising. Obviously Ireland has suffered more drift and isolation. Ireland is also more distant to the European continent than England.

What is also interesting is England splits the Insular Celtic countries in that Ireland is closer to Scotland, then England and then Wales. I've noticed this before with the Irish DNA Atlas. There is no Celtic uniformity.

Quite an interesting table if people have a look.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is a good genetic distance table I found from the Irish Traveller DNA study. What is interesting on this is that the English come out even closer to France than they are to Ireland. Yes on this Ireland is more distant to all countries than England is which is not really surprising. Obviously Ireland has suffered more drift and isolation. Ireland is also more distant to the European continent than England.

What is also interesting is England splits the Insular Celtic countries in that Ireland is closer to Scotland, then England and then Wales. I've noticed this before with the Irish DNA Atlas. There is no Celtic uniformity.

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/q33tx.jpg[/IM]

Quite an interesting table if people have a look.
    From when is the date? Fst tables before 2007 or so are probably worth ignoring.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

From when is the date? Fst tables before 2007 or so are probably worth ignoring.
    The Irish Traveller study is from 2017. Here's the full paper.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep...ry-information

For anyone interested FST definition: The fixation index (FST) is a measure of population differentiation due to genetic structure. It is frequently estimated from genetic polymorphism data, such as single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) or microsatellites.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Irish Traveller study is from 2017. Here's the full paper.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep...ry-information

For anyone interested FST definition: The fixation index (FST) is a measure of population differentiation due to genetic structure. It is frequently estimated from genetic polymorphism data, such as single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) or microsatellites.
    this shows england (and scots) closer to germany than france 0.0007 vs 0.0008 (Denmark, NDL and scotland are all 0.0004-0.0006 from england usually). But Ireland and wales are closer to france than germany in this one. I guess Ireland is North west shifted, but more west shifted than north.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

this shows england (and scots) closer to germany than france 0.0007 vs 0.0008 (Denmark, NDL and scotland are all 0.0004-0.0006 from england usually). But Ireland and wales are closer to france than germany in this one. I guess Ireland is North west shifted, but more west shifted than north.
    Yes but England is significantly closer to all populations on that table including France. England to France 0.0008 and Ireland to France 0.0022. Not sure how you can say Ireland is more west shifted? Ireland on genetic plots is slightly more north than England and clusters with Scotland. Not sure whether genetic distance translates to where you plot? Germany has an equal distance genetically to both England and France. England is just closer to all populations. This was also noticed with Cavalli-Sforza and not sure why people have problems with genetic plots from 1994 as they are still measuring the same things and Cavalli-Sforza was a genetic pioneer. His huge study on human genetics still stands up today.

https://blog.press.princeton.edu/201...tion-genetics/

I'd love to see a genetic distance table with Iceland in it. That would be interesting as they have suffered significant drift, bottlenecks and isolation. I'm sure they would show quite high genetic distances.

This is the Global 25 plot for example.

Last edited by Grace O'Malley; 01-19-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-08-2019 @ 07:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    troo Europian
    Ethnicity
    Latinized dark haired NE European
    Ancestry
    75% North Romania,25% South Romania
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Sami People
    Y-DNA
    not tested yet
    mtDNA
    not tested yet
    Taxonomy
    untermenschen with ubermenschen vibe
    Politics
    Romania uber alles
    Hero
    NoHeroesForMe
    Religion
    christian orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 711
    Given: 1,731

0 Not allowed!

I have checked on inet how UK is considering people ethnic Brits or not.
    I am somewhat desolate to write this here, but it seems that genetics is not a criteria that would make you Brit, in the views of most citizens of UK.
    And the current laws of the UK are reflecting the views of most citizens of UK.

And to switch to my nice NE European tone, if someone is trying to brainwash people, those are the aggressive, uneducated, fairy tales believing aggressive minority, which want to impose their views on others, which minority believes that ethnicity is passed somehow through genes.
    Ethnicity is given by the family in which you are raised and by the country in which you are living a lot of your life and also, by your close people, like friends, etc.
    And normally, most important thing related to an ethnicity is the mother tongue.
    For example if you will migrate in a different country and spend most of the time there, in some years, 5 or more (in the US views) you will become rather of that country ethnicity, than of your old ethnicity.
    This is why I am finding this thread very irrelevant.
    English are a quite different ethnicity compared to the Irish and the Welsh are also quite different compared to the Irish and Welsh people are very close to English people.
    Scotts are also very close to English and quite distant to Irish as ethnicity.
    Irish are a separate ethnicity where genetics matters a lot.

UK just told "No, thank you!" to the NeoNazis, Racists current rulers of the EU.

I am also sorry to inform the peps here that even in Southern Germany you will be considered German, by the majority of German ancestry people there, after you lived there like 20 years.

So having people here claiming they have the right to talk in the name of "their people" just because they have some same category genetics, is just utter nonsense.
    Even more, talking in the name of other people without being elected by them to talk in their name and without informing yourself first about those people current beliefs at least briefly, is Bolshevism.

If a lot of Brits would have disagreed with their country rules, about whom is considering ethnic Brit or not, they are very courageous people, they would have dealt with this matter.

Do not try to argue with me, cause you are wasting your time, I am not even considering, to take what you are writing, into account.
    I am not believing into nonsense fairy tales.
    Last edited by Dacul; 01-19-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    troo Europian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Sami People
    Y-DNA
    not tested yet
    mtDNA
    not tested yet
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Romania uber alles
    Hero
    NoHeroesForMe
    Religion
    christian orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why I am posting here?
    Because I know English as my second language so that makes me part Brit, as ethnicity, and because I am informed and most important:
    Because I Dare!
    Have you got courage to argue against what I have written?
    Show it and let us discuss.

EDIT:
    Seems that courage is not passed through genes, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Dacul; 01-19-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    troo Europian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Sami People
    Y-DNA
    not tested yet
    mtDNA
    not tested yet
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Romania uber alles
    Hero
    NoHeroesForMe
    Religion
    christian orthodox
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Do you think these strange medium haired, light eyes and pale conservative simple peoples are closer to the western european nations or the northern europeans genetically and culturally?
    No.
    Closest ethnicity to the Brits is Australians and people of New Zealand, not the Republic of Ireland people, neither any other ethnicity from Europe.
    This is my point of view.
    Genetics does not matters too much, a Brit raised in Australia will be much more heat resistant while a Brit raised in the UK will not be heat resistant, but cold resistant.
    I am referring with people with same genetics.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information