Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: List countries in Latin America by whether they are phenotypically closer to the DR or Uruguay

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KonanxB View Post
    I do not like to deviate the topics, so I will comment on this: I do not see any sense in telling El Salvador as "closest to the Dominican Republic", counting Mexico as "closest to Uruguay." Being Mexico and El Salvador not so different, I do not see the parameter.
    Mexico has more Euro and less SSA compared to El Salvador, even if the differences are not that great.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-23-2019 @ 05:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Canarian
    Country
    Canary Islands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!

Well, I've been to Chile and I say that 50% can pass in Europe. Obviously, my version is not the "absolute truth", It was what I saw and I defend it.

NO. The difference between CDMX and Santiago is even greater than that between Santiago and Buenos Aires. In fact, Mexico is closer to Panama or the Dominican Republic than to Chile.
    I've been to Chile too and I visited the whole country, not only Santiago. Actually I know most of South America. Even in the ''German'' villages in Chile you can see a high amount of mixed-race people and many Mestizo looking individuals (not counting that these enclaves are absolutely minority in the country).

If you visit similar ''German'' villages in Argentina or Brazil you would see most people there really look White and basically anyone could pass in Europe. If even in isolated European countryside enclaves Chileans look significantly mixed, there's no way half of them pass in Europe.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

0 Not allowed!

In your first message: They are groups, not crowds. On average there are 20 people per picture. In your second message: Is people from Northern Chile.

You have to travel if you think Santiago or Southern Chile is like Northern Mexico. And Chile is not whiter than Costa Rica "by nicas", Chile has always been whiter and more European than Costa Rica.
    Wait here. I said that chileans on average(as whole country) are more closely to northern mexicans. And if we compare Chile to Argentina(without recent border inmigrants) and Mexico. They are more closely to Mexico in euro contribution.

Chile and CR have the same euro contribution nowdays(despite 1,2/5 people of Costa Rica is of Nicaraguan origin). And keep in mind that average Guanacaseco and Limonense is under 45% euro and their mixes with Central Valley CostaRican too so in general someone who has more than 10% of SSA contribution is on average less than 45% european. So in a European Contribution Scale:Costa Rica Prime(without Guanacaste, jamaicans and nicas)> Chile and even with first two groups(until 80´s). That's common sense, CR before 1945 always describe as a white nation(harnizo/castizo majority and remember that those groups can look as atipycal europeans like Vascontelo and some harnizos in the RMuller 23andme thread) by liberals, travelers and scientists.While chileans describe as mestizo-nation and their amerindian population nowdays is sufficient to claim there own country(El país mapuche).
    Last edited by CostaRicaBall; 01-20-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    The whiteness of both Chile AND Costa Rica is overstated. And let us not have that bullshit that all the dark Mestizos in the former are Peruvians and Bolivians and in the latter are Nicaraguans and Colombians.
    Yes and no. Euro contribution in CR is overated, BUT half of dark people here are from Nicaragua.

Learn the diference would save your life:

And darker areas(Guanacaste and Limón) make up a max 16% of country´s population while nicas are more than that.
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provincia_de_Lim%C3%B3n
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provincia_de_Guanacaste
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inmigr..._en_Costa_Rica

Also we can ad that nicaraguan have 13-20% of births since 2001(and you can ad that births are in low class and low class here are nicaraguans). This situations DON'T PASS IN CHILE:

Last edited by CostaRicaBall; 01-20-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ambiguous
    Ethnicity
    Castizo.
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Taxonomy
    Atlántico-Mediterráneo-Alpino-Amerindio.
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 391

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Mexico has more Euro and less SSA compared to El Salvador, even if the differences are not that great.
    That makes even less sense
    1.-Salvadorans are no more sub-Saharans than Guatemalans.
    2.-El Salvador is negroid than Mexico in average genetics, but in Mexico there are more zambos, in El Salvador there don't exist a Guerrero, Oaxaca or Veracruz. In Mexico it is even possible to see Griffes in San Nicolas de Guerrero.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ambiguous
    Ethnicity
    Castizo.
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Comocudostrouxas View Post
    I've been to Chile too and I visited the whole country, not only Santiago. Actually I know most of South America. Even in the ''German'' villages in Chile you can see a high amount of mixed-race people and many Mestizo looking individuals (not counting that these enclaves are absolutely minority in the country).

If you visit similar ''German'' villages in Argentina or Brazil you would see most people there really look White and basically anyone could pass in Europe. If even in isolated European countryside enclaves Chileans look significantly mixed, there's no way half of them pass in Europe.
    The problem is that you confuse "Pass in Europe" with "Fit in Europe". It is possible that a “mestizo looking” pass for European (atypical obiously). Are not there Europeans with a Mongoloid influence?

For example, this Costa Rican woman has clear Amerindian features (harniza-castiza), however, that does not mean that she can not pass in Eastern Europe. His resemblance to a Romanian woman is immense. That Romanian Woman does not look gypsy, she's an ethnic Romanian. Why would the Costa Rican Woman call attention in Romania, if the Romanian Woman does not? Do not the Romanians themselves pass in Romania then?

30% of Chileans fit in Europe + 20% can pass in Europe.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,496
    Given: 36,940

1 Not allowed!

The problem is that you confuse "Pass in Europe" with "Fit in Europe". It is possible that a “mestizo looking” pass for European (atypical obiously). Are not there Europeans with a Mongoloid influence?

For example, this Costa Rican woman has clear Amerindian features (harniza-castiza), however, that does not mean that she can not pass in Eastern Europe. His resemblance to a Romanian woman is immense. That Romanian Woman does not look gypsy, she's an ethnic Romanian. Why would the Costa Rican Woman call attention in Romania, if the Romanian Woman does not? Do not the Romanians themselves pass in Romania then?

30% of Chileans fit in Europe + 20% can pass in Europe.
    Sorry but that woman could not pass anywhere in Europe.

However, many castizo Chileans are more passable in Europe (at least as atypical) than her.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,236
    Given: 43,780

0 Not allowed!

The Romanian must be Gypsy. She looks very Indian.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ambiguous
    Ethnicity
    Castizo.
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Right
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CostaRicaBall View Post
    Wait here. I said that chileans on average(as whole country) are more closely to northern mexicans. And if we compare Chile to Argentina(without recent border inmigrants) and Mexico. They are more closely to Mexico in euro contribution.

Chile and CR have the same euro contribution nowdays(despite 1,2/5 people of Costa Rica is of Nicaraguan origin). And keep in mind that average Guanacaseco and Limonense is under 45% euro and their mixes with Central Valley CostaRican too so in general someone who has more than 10% of SSA contribution is on average less than 45% european. So in a European Contribution Scale:Costa Rica Prime(without Guanacaste, jamaicans and nicas)> Chile and even with first two groups(until 80´s). That's common sense, CR before 1945 always describe as a white nation(harnizo/castizo majority and remember that those groups can look as atipycal europeans like Vascontelo and some harnizos in the RMuller 23andme thread) by liberals, travelers and scientists.While chileans describe as mestizo-nation and their amerindian population nowdays is sufficient to claim there own country(El país mapuche).
    Genetically, perhaps, phenotypically Chile is more like Argentina than Mexico. I had explained that to you on YouTube, genetics studies, they do not always coincide with the phenotype. An average can be in 0% or 100% of the population.

There are books that say that Costa Rica was full of Spaniards from Galicia, as also there are many books that describe Chile as a country "just slightly" different from Uruguay and Argentina. And Chile has also received many Peruvians and Bolivians. And he's getting a lot of Haitians right now. Not at the level of the Nica immigration in Costa Rica, but it does considerablmente.

Chile being in the Southern Cone, it is often portrayed more Amerindian and non-white than it really is, because it is compared to Uruguay and Argentina (contrary to Tooting Carmen, I do not consider Chilean whiteness to be so overrated) while Costa Rica being in afro-amerindian region as Central America, it is perceived whiter than it is.

Comparing the Southern Cone with Central America is somewhat daring (high diferencia in european inmigration, extra-iberian contribucion, negroid component, weather, culture). Even the less white country of the Southern Cone is whiter than the whitest in Central America, not too much, but clearly.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Genetically, perhaps, phenotypically Chile is more like Argentina than Mexico. I had explained that to you on YouTube, genetics studies, they do not always coincide with the phenotype. An average can be in 0% or 100% of the population.

There are books that say that Costa Rica was full of Spaniards from Galicia, as also there are many books that describe Chile as a country "just slightly" different from Uruguay and Argentina. And Chile has also received many Peruvians and Bolivians. And he's getting a lot of Haitians right now. Not at the level of the Nica immigration in Costa Rica, but it does considerablmente.

Chile being in the Southern Cone, it is often portrayed more Amerindian and non-white than it really is, because it is compared to Uruguay and Argentina (contrary to Tooting Carmen, I do not consider Chilean whiteness to be so overrated) while Costa Rica being in afro-amerindian region as Central America, it is perceived whiter than it is.

Comparing the Southern Cone with Central America is somewhat daring (high diferencia in european inmigration, extra-iberian contribucion, negroid component, weather, culture). Even the less white country of the Southern Cone is whiter than the whitest in Central America, not too much, but clearly.
    Entiendo su punto de vista de que la blancura de Costa Rica está sobreestimada por estar en la cuenca del Caribe y la de Chile infraestimada al compararse con nacjones blancas como Argentina y Uruguay, pero incluso en la cuenca hay regiones como Norte de México y la Cuba antes de Castro(que la podríamos comparar con el cono Sur). Lo del aporte negroide lo explique en mí comentario anterior. Alguién con un considerable aporte negroide no puede ser un grupo considerable dentro del rango harnizo/castizo, por lo que no es descabellado concluir que aquí cuesta ver a un euro-triracial o cuarterón(como Bad Bunny o Kondzilla) dentro del rango +60% euro mientras que los más negros(ghettos de nicas,Guanacaste y Limón, están por debajo del 45% y que reunen a un 16% de la población). Estos últimos son comparables a los indo-mestizos de Chile en proporción con la población. De hecho casi todas las pruebas genéticas le dan un promedio nacional del 55%-65% euro.

Con lo de la inmigración no es el mismo contexto. Los inmigrantes se quedan en el Norte de Chile(Antafonagasta) y construyen sus campamentos ahí. Mientras que acá los nicas se asientan en el Valle Central(el lugar más europeo, con más población y más densamente poblado). ¿Quién se mestiza más fácil?. Lugares como La Carpio, Tejarcillos, el Rincón Grande de Pavas, Guararí, León XIII, los Hatillos. Todos esos ghettos del Valle Central son colonias nicaragüenses por antonomasia y sus niños van a las mismas escuelas que los nuestros.¿Quién se mestiza más fácil? Costa Rica y por mucho. Y con tal problemática(desde hace 30 años) y tenemos la misma contribución euro.
    De hecho, la contribución africana el Valle Central se debe a los mismos nicas. Por eso si bien es cierto con todo el niquero, CR es menos europea que Chile. Sin los nicas(que reitero, son 400k de legales, 400k de ilegales y al menos 180k de descendencia estimada). El grueso de la población debería ser casi que igual. Con la obvia diferencia que aquí carecemos de rubios por no tener tanta inmigración centro-norte europea y ser país tropical.

Esto es un ejemplo, hay muchas muchachas de clase media que se juntan con muchachos de clase baja de los ghettos que le estoy citando.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information