Thread: God and the Twilight Zone (TV Series)

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

1 Not allowed!

Default God and the Twilight Zone (TV Series)

The most important thing I believe I know about God is that God is Love. We've probably all heard this loads of times, but it's important to recognize just how true and fundamental it is. Realizing this was crucial for me to accept Jesus and my Lord and Savior. Yes, as an atheist, I slowly came to metaphysical conclusions that made me conclude a Higher Power in the universe must exist. But I could not see the Light and Wisdom of the One True God. That is, until something changed.

God makes sense when you realize that He is Love. Born-again Christians are intimately familiar with this Truth. But I find many of us are not effectively communicating exactly how and why this is. It is imperative that nonbelievers understand this, if they are to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.

One man I honestly believe to have been divinely inspired was Rod Serling, the creator of the Twilight Zone series. The series is adumbrated by too many fundamental Truths about God for it to have all come together by chance. If you have Netflix, WATCH IT! Anecdotes from Serling's life indicate he converted to Christianity and was deeply reverent towards God. In particular, God's Nature is explored in the following episodes:

Season 1, Ep. 28: A Nice Place to Visit
    Season 5, Ep. 17: Number 12 Looks Just Like You
    Season 3, Ep. 24: To Serve Man
    Season 3, Ep. 28: The Little People
    Season 3, Ep. 8: It's a Good Life
    Season 2, Ep. 29: The Obsolete Man
    Season 1, Ep. 1: Where Is Everybody?

If I could tell people to watch just 7 episodes, watch the aforementioned 7. They're all on Netflix (at least at the present moment). If you can't watch them, then go on Wikipedia or elsewhere and read the plot summaries, at least. You need to know the Truth.

When watching these episodes, contemplate the following concepts:

-The necessity of free will for true love to exist

-That beauty cannot exist without ugliness, and good without evil

-God's Supreme Benevolence and Mercy

-God's Supremacy over all other gods, spirits, and idols that humans have worshipped

-God Loves all humans, but not all humans Belong to God. The most fundamental truth about Love is that it hurts when you lose it. As we are created in God's Image, and God Loves us, it follows that God experiences emotion when we either accept or reject Him. That's right! You truly MATTER to God! God WANTS to have YOU - a thinking, feeling human soul created in His Image, who can only accept God through free will and not coercion.

I'd like to call particular attention to the first episode I mentioned. A Nice Place to Visit. In fact, if you decline to watch all 7 episodes and just watch one, watch this one! I wanted to discuss this a bit more, so I'll use spoiler tags:

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Wanderer; 01-20-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

0 Not allowed!

I got a lot of chuckles and laughs from Rod Serling's Twilight Zone TV Series. From one episode to the next there was tragicomedy, grim humor, or humor in the minds cape of psychological drama.

Thread Information