Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Bands'/'Artists' and Genres you absolutely hate or can't bring yourself to like!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European ethnicities
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Alpine-Med
    Politics
    Anti-Liberalism/Anti-Woke BS
    Hero
    Joachim Peiper, Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, Gabriele D'Annunzio, Julius Evola
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheism, Gnosticism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

Red face 'Bands'/'Artists' and Genres you absolutely hate or can't bring yourself to like!

Pretty self-explanatory. Let's see...

Tokio Hotel
    Green Day
    Good Charlotte
    My Chemical Romance
    Blink 182
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic At The Disco
    Cinema Bizarre
    ... countless other Emo/'Alternative' crap.
    50 Cent
    The Black Eyed Peas
    Fergie
    M.I.A.
    Kelis
    Lady Sovereign
    Sean Paul
    ... countless other Reggae/Rap/Grime (aka Slime in my book) etc, crap.

There are other Genres I am not a fan of and hundreds of other so-called 'Bands' and 'Artists/Musicians' I dislike but I am too lazy to list them all.

On the other hand I do enjoy everything from Neo-Folk, Martial Industrial. Bubblegum Pop, Eurodance, Synth-pop, Electronica, Trance, Darkwave, Symphonic Metal, RAC, New Wave etc. I just listen to what sounds good to me, but I still know what sounds like crap which is why I don't listen to it but that's for another thread, My Last.fm charts are mind-bogglingly all over the charts but I just listen to what I like even though it confuses a lot of people having Sturmwehr, then T.a.t.u, then Von Thronstahl, then some Dance Dance Revolution [Bambee] music on my charts. LOL!

Anyway this thread is for so-called 'Bands' and 'Artists' and the Genres that you hate or just can't bring yourself to like.
    Last edited by sturmwalkure; 03-08-2009 at 01:49 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    08-21-2012 @ 08:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian-Polish
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I agree with all of your dislikes. I despise Rap.

I like blues, classic rock, hard rock, old school metal, jazz, jazz fusion, and alt. country. My favorite band would be The Allman Brothers Band, who combined blues, jazz and country all in a unique way that actually started a new American style. An English band I really love is Wishbone Ash, especially all their albums up to 1975, where they started to get too Bee Gees for me. I worked and managed a record store while I was in college in the mid 70's, so needless to say, I have a great and varied collection of vinyl, cassettes and now cd's.
    I started playing guitar about 7 or so years ago, and now I have an even greater appreciation for great guitar players, like John McLaughlin and Uli Jon Roth, both of whom I have been fortunate enough to see lately.

I tell people I like any music if there is virtuosity expressed. Too much metal today does not have great solos. I love the new Metallica album, with two guitar virtuosos. (I have to thank Galloglaich for convincing me to go see them recently)
    ROPE and CHAINS

and

AMBALAMPS

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    11-08-2012 @ 08:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

0 Not allowed!

Cool

Hip-Hop / Rap
    Last edited by Thorum; 03-08-2009 at 04:15 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    Flanders
    Region
    Picardie
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

I HATE French rap, but I enjoy Eminem, Dr dre or Snoop dog.

Good charlotte is not that bad.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

Let's see, there are a few genres for which I dislike every artist associated:

Rap, R&B, Reggae, Hawaiian, Jazz, etc.

Additionally, I'll most likely dislike any genre that has a "Pop-" (Pop Rock, Pop Punk, etc.) or a "-core" (Metalcore, Rapcore, Hardcore, etc.) suffix.

Finally, within the genres I do like, there are some notable exceptions. Although I love Black Metal, I absolutely loathe Mayhem. Despite my love of Classical music I don't really care for Mozart.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    European ethnicities
    Country
    Russia
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Taxonomy
    Dinaricized Alpine-Med
    Politics
    Anti-Liberalism/Anti-Woke BS
    Hero
    Joachim Peiper, Corneliu Zelea Codreanu, Gabriele D'Annunzio, Julius Evola
    Religion
    Hellenic Polytheism, Gnosticism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Birka View Post
    I agree with all of your dislikes. I despise Rap.

I like blues, classic rock, hard rock, old school metal, jazz, jazz fusion, and alt. country. My favorite band would be The Allman Brothers Band, who combined blues, jazz and country all in a unique way that actually started a new American style. An English band I really love is Wishbone Ash, especially all their albums up to 1975, where they started to get too Bee Gees for me. I worked and managed a record store while I was in college in the mid 70's, so needless to say, I have a great and varied collection of vinyl, cassettes and now cd's.
    I started playing guitar about 7 or so years ago, and now I have an even greater appreciation for great guitar players, like John McLaughlin and Uli Jon Roth, both of whom I have been fortunate enough to see lately.

I tell people I like any music if there is virtuosity expressed. Too much metal today does not have great solos. I love the new Metallica album, with two guitar virtuosos. (I have to thank Galloglaich for convincing me to go see them recently)
    It's always great to appreciate the classics, I've recently been getting into ABBA. They're not rock but their music is so timeless and good. After spending years listening to A*Teens who started out with an ABBA cover album. I've realized that nothing compares to the original ABBA and I couldn't help but enjoy the tremendous amount of tremendously good music from Sweden. It was only after my friend in Austria convinced me to give ABBA a chance. But there are some rock bands, though their music may have a lot of pop influence, Mando Diao and the Sahara Hotnights also from Sweden. I guess I just look for music to suit whatever mood I am in at the moment. I'm also finding myself appreciating music in many different languages, Lithuanian, French, German, Japanese, Armenian, Dutch, Russian, Finnish, Estonian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Serbian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Slovenian, Polish, Czech, Icelandic, Greek, Hungarian, all languages I have in my library, and I am sure there is more, while I am able to appreciate music that goes beyond language it would be awesome to know some of those languages in the future. I don't know if it's a pet peeve that just I have, but it gets sad and annoying hearing some artists from non-English countries singing in English all the time, I can understand I guess if they are trying to gain success outside their native country. Anyway, it's no wonder a lot of the artists I listen to sing in their native tongues, it just adds an element that I find missing though there is plenty of English language music I listen to but I must say Lithuanian is one the most beautiful languages I've heard, I thought you'd appreciate this as you have Lithuanian heritage.

Anyway my Last.fm charts speak volumes, anyone is welcome to add me though my taste in music is all over the place. It boggles a lot of minds, even those who know me well. Oh jeez, now I am embarrassed about my charts and before anyone asks Tokio Hotel is on my charts because I *tried* them and didn't like.

Also my tastes may or may not evolve so who knows what I will be listening to ten years down the road, ten years ago as a kid I listened to classical and country nearly exclusively. Now I am here with everything from Martial Industrial to Bubblegum Pop. :|

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

Classic rock.
    Sixties music.

Aerosmith.
    Guns n roses.

And most of all - Tool and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. What overhyped awful music.

I'm with Psychonaut with the 'core' types of music as well; HORRIBLE stuff.

I'll stick with my Black Metal/Death Metal/Folk Metal.

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Let's see, there are a few genres for which I dislike every artist associated:

Rap, R&B, Reggae, Hawaiian, Jazz, etc.
    Likewise. But I am fine with most ...core noise.

I am also allergic to disco, house, disco, club, techno, disco, and the like. I also hate muzak, soft rock or soft anything.

I am not keen on anything too formulaic (except oi!) which excludes most indie.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jägerzen View Post
    And most of all - Tool and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. What overhyped awful music.
    I saw the Chili Peppers live when I was in High School and it was the lamest performance I've ever seen from a big band. They were completely upstaged by their opening act: the Foo Fighters.

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

I can believe it.

And all of their songs feel like geography lessons.
    "little girl from Sweden ...'
    'dream of Californication'
    'the city I live in, the city of angels'

Sing about something else!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information