View Poll Results: What ethnicity were the people of Medieval Bosnia?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bosniak

2 10.00%
  • Croat

7 35.00%
  • Serb

11 55.00%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What ethnicity were the people of Medieval Bosnia?

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a-Din
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,898
    Given: 2,620

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nato View Post
    Maks Luburic was not of Serb descent lmao. I didn't understand your point with PH908, it reaches highest frequency among Croats not Serbs. Self hating little shit is you fake Serb.
    Point is that I2a-PH908 Croats are actually chatolicized Serbs. The real original Croatian speakers spoke in Chakavian and Kajkavian dialects, and were most of R1a.M458 and Z280 branches.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 06:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,396
    Given: 6,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlatko Vukovic View Post
    Point is that I2a-PH908 Croats are actually chatolicized Serbs. The real original Croatian speakers spoke in Chakavian and Kajkavian dialects, and were most of R1a.M458 and Z280 branches.
    Lmao mohameddan traitor selling me chetnik propaganda. Get the fuck out of here dumbass, monkey who is genetically much closer to Croats but claims Croats are Serb. You're a fucking disgrace.
    If they were Catholic Serbs, they would cluster with Serbs, but they don't. Live with it.

Last Online
    09-25-2023 @ 12:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Country
    Bosnia
    Y-DNA
    I2a-Din
    Taxonomy
    North Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,898
    Given: 2,620

0 Not allowed!

Lmao mohameddan traitor selling me chetnik propaganda. Get the fuck out of here dumbass, monkey who is genetically much closer to Croats but claims Croats are Serb. You're a fucking disgrace.
    I don't claim anything. That's what genetics claim. And i didn't say Croats are Serbs, i actually said that ex religion of those Croats from Herzegowina was Orthodox (not all of them but a great number). And that is the fact.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 06:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,396
    Given: 6,059

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vlatko Vukovic View Post
    I don't claim anything. That's what genetics claim. And i didn't say Croats are Serbs, i actually said that ex religion of those Croats from Herzegowina was Orthodox (not all of them but a great number). And that is the fact.
    Genetics say PH908 is highest in Croats and these Croats cluster with other Croats, not with Serbs lmao. Herzegovina was Catholic before it was orthodox, even eastern Herzegovina.
    Oldest Catholic diocese in entire Bosnia is in Trebinje. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_...Trebinje-Mrkan

Find me orthodox remains older than that. I'll spare you time, they don't exist.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Bosanska Krajina
    Country
    Belgium
    Politics
    Hero
    TITO
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 1,740

1 Not allowed!

People back then were peasants working for lords, if you travelled time your lord would still exploit you no matter you are an ultra-serb or ultra-croat.
    Cheers to Bosnia

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

1 Not allowed!

Genetics say PH908 is highest in Croats and these Croats cluster with other Croats, not with Serbs lmao. Herzegovina was Catholic before it was orthodox, even eastern Herzegovina.
    If I2-PH908 is "Croatian" marker than there is more people which carry "Croatian" marker among Serbs than among Croatians.

Even Jana/Mala Rijeka admited that part of Herzegovinians Croatians are former Orthodox. She claim Catholic/Croatian origin of some Bosnian and Krajina Serbs as "contra attack" (that is laughable).
    Here are list of some Herzegovinian Catholic families which were Orthodox with Slave which had when they were Orthodox https://www.vesti.rs/Vesti/Pokatolic...prezimena.html
    Serbian origin of Herzegovinian Croatians is visible from the sky. They are to swarthy and have to Balkanic behavior and culture to be "Blonde blue eyed, Aryan, Civilized, Central Euro-Germanic shifted Albinos, as you and other northern Croatians.
    Last edited by Pribislav; 01-27-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Funny how big nordist and Croatian chauvinist (ustasha) is "Croatian" user Nato.

He is dark and his father is swarthy (he say that), and he acting "blonde Aryan Germanic superman."
    I am light pigmented and don't care for nordicism (IncelSlayer, Common Sense, Jana and Decius know how I look like).

Nato is Slovenian with Germanic y dna.
    Funny, ethnic non-Croatians Nato and Maks Luburic are Croatian ultra-nationalists.
    Unlike this 2 fake Croatians, I am full ethnic Serb.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,946
    Given: 7,469

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Medieval Bosnians were mix of Catholics, Orthodox and Krstjani (Bogomils). There was also "semo-bealivers", that is Pagan and Christian mixture. Even some Muslims were recorded before Ottomans, they were only few.
    When Ottomans conquered most of Bosnia in 1463, some Krstjani exscaped to eastern Herzegovina and became regular Orthodox there. Herzegovina fell under the Ottomans in 1482.

In the book "Razvoj duhovnog života u Bosni pod uticajem turske vladavine" Ivo Andrić say that Catholicism came central Bosnia in 13th century with Franciscans. He say that first Catholics in central Bosnia were Saxon miners (they arrived there in 13th century) and merchants from Dubrovnik, later some natives adopted Catholicism.
    I discussed much of that in my opening post. The Franciscans weren't the first Catholics in Vrhbosna. The Bosnian diocese predates their migration and it's in that region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_...cese_of_Bosnia

Bosnia originally got its Catholicism from Dalmatia. The Franciscans were another wave of Catholic migrants that came to try to counter the Church of Bosnia adherents. Ninoslav and Kulin were Catholics and they were in Bosnia before the Saxon miners came.

From my OP:

During the 13th century, the main power in that region was Hungary and they were the main aggressors towards Bosnia. Serbia also started growing during this time period, but they never made any large scale serious attempt to conquer Bosnia. The Hungarians themselves had difficulty in conquering Bosnia because of its difficult terrain. Bosnia's remoteness is the reason why it stayed independent for a while and got distanced from Catholicism. It stayed separate from mainstream Roman Catholicism from the 13th century up until the 1340's, which is when the Franciscans came to reassert the authority of the Vatican in Bosnia (although there were a small number of Dominicans there before them). They quickly formed an administrative unit called the 'Vicariate of Bosnia' which expanded to include a much larger region of Europe extending all the way to Romania eventually. These Franciscan missions ended up being successful for the most part since Bosnia's leaders from Stjepan Kotromanić II onward being Catholics. The Church of Bosnia was finally extirpated by Bosnia's King Stjepan Tomašević as demanded by the pope in return for his request for aid against the Turks. The Bosnian Christian leader then sought refuge in Hercegovina where around 40% of his followers followed him there, with the remainder converting to Catholicism, Orthodoxy, or Islam.
    The Krstjani were never Bogomils by the way, that was just an assumption since they were both dualist. There also existed dualist sects in Dalmatia and Italy. IIRC, the Church of Bosnia has it's roots in Dalmatia or was heavily influenced by the heretics of Dalmatia.

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    This is bullshit.
    Historical Bosnia was geographical region in Serbia until 12th century. Regions of early Serbia were Bosnia, Rascia, Hum, Duklja and Pagania.
    In 12th century Bosnia became serparated, but still retained Serbian caracter.
    In 14th century what is now Bosanska Krajina (except most western part) became part of Bosnia and Croatian element is since "bosniazation" of Bosanska Krajina in 14th century, not before.
    I haven't heard of Bosnia proper (Vrhbosna) being referred to as a region of Serbia outside of it when it was annexed by Časlav in the 10th century. Stefan Dragutin annexed Usora and Soli for a while, but not Bosnia proper. Do you know of any sources that discuss Bosnia being part of Serbia outside of the period it was ruled by Časlav?

In what ways did Bosnia retain it's Serbian character after separating from Serbia?

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,946
    Given: 7,469

0 Not allowed!

If they were Catholic Serbs, they would cluster with Serbs, but they don't. Live with it.
    Bosnians of all ethnoreligious groups tend to cluster close to each other (as well as with Dalmatians, Herzegovinans, Serbs of Western Serbia).

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I discussed much of that in my opening post. The Franciscans weren't the first Catholics in Vrhbosna. The Bosnian diocese predates their migration and it's in that region.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_...cese_of_Bosnia

Bosnia originally got its Catholicism from Dalmatia. The Franciscans were another wave of Catholic migrants that came to try to counter the Church of Bosnia adherents. Ninoslav and Kulin were Catholics and they were in Bosnia before the Saxon miners came.

From my OP:

The Krstjani were never Bogomils by the way, that was just an assumption since they were both dualist. There also existed dualist sects in Dalmatia and Italy. IIRC, the Church of Bosnia has it's roots in Dalmatia or was heavily influenced by the heretics of Dalmatia.

I haven't heard of Bosnia proper (Vrhbosna) being referred to as a region of Serbia outside of it when it was annexed by Časlav in the 10th century. Stefan Dragutin annexed Usora and Soli for a while, but not Bosnia proper. Do you know of any sources that discuss Bosnia being part of Serbia outside of the period it was ruled by Časlav?

In what ways did Bosnia retain it's Serbian character after separating from Serbia?
    Man, I don't have patience anymore to explain you questions like this. I send a lot of pm to you about this question and after my huge effort and lost time you deny Serbian identity of Bosnia.
    Last edited by Pribislav; 01-27-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread Information