Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long live the Slovak - Hungarian Friendship!

Last Online
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,272
    Given: 9,856

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Not true, Slovaks have nothing against Hungarians but there are tensions, you would rather not mention you are Hungarian when you are in Slovakia.
    Why? I have been there many times, i never had problem with anyone in Slovakia just because my nationality. I was in the market and the full slovak saleswoman was talking in hungarian (she knew a little bit) for being polite.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kis_Kócos View Post
    Why? I have been there many times, i never had problem with anyone in Slovakia just because my nationality. I was in the market and the full slovak saleswoman was talking in hungarian (she knew a little bit) for being polite.
    Yes ofcourse you wont have problems as a tourist we are not in Iraq. But the concept of friendship is uber bullshit. Slovakians tend to dislike Hungarian language, they are not happy when you talk in Hungarian, they will always asociate you as Hungarian, in terms of ey hey he is just a magyar. You have tensions on football matches too, check DAC its a club in southern Slovakia funded by Hungarian goverment, they use nationalistic slogans and cover whole stadium with flags, and this always seem to get on the front pages of Slovakian newspaper. Aswell I am talking just in general, you have many people that have nothing against Hungarians but the brotherhood concept is pretty unreal.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

0 Not allowed!

Yes ofcourse you wont have problems as a tourist we are not in Iraq. But the concept of friendship is uber bullshit. Slovakians tend to dislike Hungarian language, they are not happy when you talk in Hungarian, they will always asociate you as Hungarian, in terms of ey hey he is just a magyar. You have tensions on football matches too, check DAC its a club in southern Slovakia funded by Hungarian goverment, they use nationalistic slogans and cover whole stadium with flags, and this always seem to get on the front pages of Slovakian newspaper. Aswell I am talking just in general, you have many people that have nothing against Hungarians but the brotherhood concept is pretty unreal.
    If you know so little about football than why would you make such a shallow analogy? Football fans always cling to their colors, their region, city or even national identity. It is absolutely normal that the DAC supporters would proudly represent who they are and where they come from: Hungarians from Dunaszerdahely. This is normal practice everywhere in the world, where football fanaticism exists, people represent who they are. I bet you also find it so super offensive that Barcelona fans dare to wave the Catalan flags at their matches. Oh, how preposterous!

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    If you know so little about football than why would you make such a shallow analogy? Football fans always cling to their colors, their region, city or even national identity. It is absolutely normal that the DAC supporters would proudly represent who they are and where they come from: Hungarians from Dunaszerdahely. This is normal practice everywhere in the world, where football fanaticism exists, people represent who they are. I bet you also find it so super offensive that Barcelona fans dare to wave the Catalan flags at their matches. Wow, you really figured out how people relate to football.
    This is just a example. I lived most of my life in Slovakia, I know how it works.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

1 Not allowed!

This is just a example. I lived most of my life in Slovakia, I know how it works.
    Who are you to demand who to wear and chant whatever you find it fit? Those people are home where they are, and they are proud of their place and origin, and none of you haters can ever change this. I love football, know very well how all this works.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is not unreal concept. Slovaks and hungarians are same peoples with same genetic, same history, same national symbols, same national heroes etc.

Hungarian national symbol:

Slovak national symbol:

Stephen I is one of the greatest nation hero in Slovakia and Hungary:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_I_of_Hungary

In the reality slovaks are slavic speaker pannonians, hungarians are magyar speaker pannonians. If you see the history the slovak-hungarian relationship was very good before later 19. century, after that the old hungarian government did some idiot things against slovaks and this stupid hate started between us. But look germans and french, they are the oldest enemies in Europe and now they are friends, but there are lot of other example. Now in the 21. century Slovakia and Hungary have very strong economic relations and we are very close political ally in Brussels. I think the slovak-hungarian relatinship will be more closer in the future.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    Who are you to demand who to wear and chant whatever you find it fit? Those people are home where they are, and they are proud of their place and origin, and none of you haters can ever change this. I love football, know very well how all this works.
    Wtf are you still on? I am talking about Slovakian and Hungarian relations, not footbal, én es vagyok magyar .... FACEPALM.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This is not unreal concept. Slovaks and hungarians are same peoples with same genetic, same history, same national symbols, same national heroes etc.

Hungarian national symbol:

Slovak national symbol:

Stephen I is one of the greatest nation hero in Slovakia and Hungary:

In the reality slovaks are slavic speaker pannonians, hungarians are magyar speaker pannonians. If you see the history the slovak-hungarian relationship was very good before later 19. century, after that the old hungarian government did some idiot things against slovaks and this stupid hate started between us. But look germans and french, they are the oldest enemies in Europe and now they are friends, but there are lot of other example. Now in the 21. century Slovakia and Hungary have very strong economic relations and we are very close political ally in Brussels. I think the slovak-hungarian relatinship will be more closer in the future.
    Idk why are you obsessed with brotherhood. General Slovaks believe in Slavic origins, general Hungarians believe in Atilla Hun fairy tales origins. You know yourself that Hungarians dont percieve themself as Slavic even if they genetically are, goes with my mother. At the same time its not just the old Hungarian goverment. Slovakians have always insecurities about Hungarians. I can say that from my personal experience normally Slovakians have no problems with Hungarians but most of their time they can shit talk about them whole the time. They look at you badly if you talk in Hungarian in Bratislava, they never say hey, I love Hungarians. They literally hate Hungarian language. You even have a Slovakian politician who used to talk shit all the time about Hungarians and their origins and most of parliament was laughing about it all the time. I think Hungarian minority in Slovakia is probably one of the most peacefull out of whole world, but you cant change the thinking of a person, Hungarian language sounds for normal Slovakian like alien language.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Idk why are you obsessed with brotherhood. General Slovaks believe in Slavic origins, general Hungarians believe in Atilla Hun fairy tales origins. You know yourself that Hungarians dont percieve themself as Slavic even if they genetically are, goes with my mother. At the same time its not just the old Hungarian goverment. Slovakians have always insecurities about Hungarians. I can say that from my personal experience normally Slovakians have no problems with Hungarians but most of their time they can shit talk about them whole the time. They look at you badly if you talk in Hungarian in Bratislava, they never say hey, I love Hungarians. They literally hate Hungarian language. You even have a Slovakian politician who used to talk shit all the time about Hungarians and their origins and most of parliament was laughing about it all the time. I think Hungarian minority in Slovakia is probably one of the most peacefull out of whole world, but you cant change the thinking of a person, Hungarian language sounds for normal Slovakian like alien language.
    Do you really think that hungarians are pure huns and slovaks are pure slavs? Look the genetic origin of Slovakia and Hungary, it's 100% same. Hungarians are not slavs genetically, neither slovaks, we are mix of slavs, germans and native pannonians.
    Do not bring the stupid corrupt idiot politicians into this, by the way Orbán and Fico are best friends as i know. Our language is different yes, but every other thing is same. When i was in Slovakia the simple slovaks warmly welcomed me, i have been in Bratislava (Pozsony), Levice (Léva), Lucenec (Losonc), Nitra (Nyitra), Slovensky Raj, Tatra etc, i always spoke hungarian and i did not have any negative experience, unlike in Romania and Serbia. We partied together hungarian and slovak students

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Do you really think that hungarians are pure huns and slovaks are pure slavs? Look the genetic origin of Slovakia and Hungary, it's 100% same. Hungarians are not slavs genetically, neither slovaks, we are mix of slavs, germans and native pannonians.
    Do not bring the stupid corrupt idiot politicians into this, by the way Orbán and Fico are best friends as i know. Our language is different yes, but every other thing is same. When i was in Slovakia the simple slovaks warmly welcomed me, i have been in Bratislava (Pozsony), Levice (Léva), Lucenec (Losonc), Nitra (Nyitra), Slovensky Raj, Tatra etc, i always spoke hungarian and i did not have any negative experience, unlike in Romania and Serbia. We partied together hungarian and slovak students
    I am telling you insight of something that you can never experience.... stop being butthurt, aswell I can see that clearly you have problems of understanding of what I´ve written, same goes with dunai. 2. - None cares about Fico and everyone hates him in Slovakia, I brought politics into this because there was politician that was making fun of Hungarians and noone cared called them mongs etc, anyways, It is no-brainer to continue of talking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information