N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,518
    Given: 24,970

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    Where is Gennady Golovkin and Ray Robinson? Is this some kind of parallel universe? Here comes the controversial part. Mike Tyson would have decimated *all* of the champs when he was in his prime, from Jim Corbett to Tyson Fury.

ETA: Wow. I really can't post and watch TV at the same time.
    I think the best version of Ali beats the best version of Tyson, the key difference being the otherworldly character and heart of Ali. I also think Tyson would have had a hell of a time dealing with a prime Vitali. However, I would favor him or Wladimir.

For me, Tyson's most impressive win was his KO of Larry Holmes. Yes, Larry was past his best but was still very, very capable at the time.

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,109
    Given: 6,057

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I think the best version of Ali beats the best version of Tyson, the key difference being the otherworldly character and heart of Ali. I also think Tyson would have had a hell of a time dealing with a prime Vitali. However, I would favor him or Wladimir.

For me, Tyson's most impressive win was his KO of Larry Holmes. Yes, Larry was past his best but was still very, very capable at the time.
    I respectfully don't agree. Tyson was a force of nature in his prime, and some boxers had nervous breakdowns before the first round bell rang during their bouts with him. All of the great heavyweight champions would have plans to beat Mike. Then, they would get punched in the face (to twist a phrase from Tyson).

Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,632
    Given: 13,522

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo-Celtic View Post
    I respectfully don't agree. Tyson was a force of nature in his prime, and some boxers had nervous breakdowns before the first round bell rang during their bouts with him. All of the great heavyweight champions would have plans to beat Mike. Then, they would get punched in the face (to twist a phrase from Tyson).
    To appropriate a more precise argument to this question I feel like I would literally need to rewtch all Mikes fights, something I just don't have the time nor motivation for.
    However I know I have looked into this before.
    What seems to be true is this

when Mike was in his prime, he was so dominant in his fights that there was rarely much resistance from the other fighter.
    Usually it was pretty much one sided beat down and often the fights didnt go too many rounds.
    When later on he fought boxers that were able to give him resistance and that were not intimidated by him. He didn't deal with this very well.
    When the fight was put back onto Mike he was not great at coming back.
    He also didnt have great endurance when fights went into later rounds.
    He didnt adjust too well when the other fighter started having success, he would become frustrated, when his mauling power punching style was not being effective he was at risk of being outboxed by very good technical but also strong and powerful boxers.

I think in terms of Prime Ali vs Prime Tyson if they were in the same generation and age , well its a very interesting fight. I dont think its a given that Tyson would win.
    I think Ali wouldn't be intimidated by Mike, Ali too his detriment was incredibly tough and could take a lot of hard punches flush. Ali had incredible heart and endurance. I think if Ali gets past the first 3 to 4 rounds and has taken some Mikes big punches and then starts popping his jab into Mikes face following up with combinations, the fight very well from there could start going into Ali's favour as Mike starts getting frustrated and tired then outboxed.
    https://vocaroo.com/111XfdVCLjDL?fbc...XW3C8-DciJTcEs
    Disclaimer:any references to drugs or hookers are made for comedy purposes only.The author cannot be held responsible for any actions of others whom have read his posts. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.We would like to recognise the Huns conquered most of eastern central Europe in 5th century AD and that the Hungarians are the rightful inheritors and first nations people of the Carpathian Basin from their forfather Hun kin

Trapped In Clown World Anglo-Celtic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Briton, Gaelic, Saxon, Varied
    Ancestry
    English, Irish, Scottish, Varied
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Gadsden
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid
    Politics
    Constitutionalist
    Hero
    Smedley Butler
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,109
    Given: 6,057

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oszkar07 View Post
    To appropriate a more precise argument to this question I feel like I would literally need to rewtch all Mikes fights, something I just don't have the time nor motivation for.
    However I know I have looked into this before.
    What seems to be true is this

when Mike was in his prime, he was so dominant in his fights that there was rarely much resistance from the other fighter.
    Usually it was pretty much one sided beat down and often the fights didnt go too many rounds.
    When later on he fought boxers that were able to give him resistance and that were not intimidated by him. He didn't deal with this very well.
    When the fight was put back onto Mike he was not great at coming back.
    He also didnt have great endurance when fights went into later rounds.
    He didnt adjust too well when the other fighter started having success, he would become frustrated, when his mauling power punching style was not being effective he was at risk of being outboxed by very good technicl but aldo strong and powerful boxers.

I think in terms of Prime Ali vs Prime Tyson if they were in the same generation and age , well its a very interesting fight. I dont think its a given that Tyson would win.
    I think Ali wouldn't be intimidated by Mike, Ali too his detriment was incredibly tough and could take a lot of hard punches flush. Ali had incredible heart and endurance. I think if Ali gets past the first 3 to 4 rounds and has taken some Mikes big punches and then starts popping his jab into Mikes face following up with combinations, the fight very well from there could start going into Ali's favour as Mike starts getting frustrated and tired then outboxed.
    Those were good points, and I noticed them in his later fights, especially after the Buster Douglas fluke. That said, I think that his personal life impacted him, and you can draw a line of his performance in fights that will match his personal life's highs and lows. This ranges from Robin Givens to rape charges to street fights to Cus's death. When Mike Tyson's mind was free of these stressors, no one could touch him (they could, but he would touch them more).

Last Online
    Today @ 09:27 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Martian From Venus
    Ethnicity
    Hunbritarian
    Ancestry
    TheHuns
    Country
    Austria
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    Killer
    Politics
    Hero
    Jesus
    Religion
    Philippians 4.13
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,632
    Given: 13,522

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IncelSlayer View Post
    Ali is fucking garbage, like all of previous era boxers.Same as with all previous era athletes.Today,you could pick a random guy from any boxing class and he would mop the floor with him, Hell I could probably knock him on his ass within the first rounds.Why?Because all Ali had was stamina and jab.I'd like to see Ali try his puny jabs on close-stance aggressive hard hitters like Tyson ,he would go straight to the cemetery.Were is Lennox Lewis?He's easily top 3 in HW.
    LOL
    guessing this a troll post
    Ali could of beat you to death with his jab alone.
    Couple of flush landed jabs to the face and most likely you would be looking like white guy on queer street in the blue trunks at end of below video.

Last edited by oszkar07; 07-23-2022 at 03:35 AM.
    https://vocaroo.com/111XfdVCLjDL?fbc...XW3C8-DciJTcEs
    Disclaimer:any references to drugs or hookers are made for comedy purposes only.The author cannot be held responsible for any actions of others whom have read his posts. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.We would like to recognise the Huns conquered most of eastern central Europe in 5th century AD and that the Hungarians are the rightful inheritors and first nations people of the Carpathian Basin from their forfather Hun kin

Last Online
    09-19-2023 @ 07:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanic American
    Ethnicity
    Caribeńo
    Ancestry
    Santo Cerro, Pueblo Viejo, Ciudad de la Vega, Coamo, zona Colonia, Distrito Nacional, chacuey Medio
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    J-Z627 (Tartessos/ East medditernean)
    mtDNA
    C1b2
    Hero
    gregorio luperon, Maximo Gomez Baez, Rodrigo Duterte, Jose Guzman Baron de Atalaya
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

Best boxer off all time is Floyd Mayweather though

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information