Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 313

4 Not allowed!

Lightbulb Let's debate on the double nationality

Hello people of the Apricity,

I would like you to express your opinion, if you will, on this rather sensitive topic in our current times, and particularly on the following thing I was thinking of.

So, as the majority here believes, people should cling to one precise identity ; be it political, cultural, racial or else ; and if so, my question is should this single identity be a matter of choice or not.

More precisely, should someone who happened to be born and/or grow up in a foreign country, or at least who could prove that he/she lived here for a given time (let's say 10 years), should that person be forced to return to his/her country of origin despite his/her past in the host country ?

Couldn't that person be given a right to choose between his/her original country and host country in order to get that single nationality which would, accordingly, make our lives easier ; so that person would have to take one nationality (full privileges) and see the other one deleted (full privileges).

For example: someone from Cambodia, who grew up in France. All his scolarity was done in France, all or most of his friends and acquaintances are in France, his house or apartment is in France, his job or lack of job is in France as well, in short most of his life is in France. If he can prove all or most of this, should he be given the choice? Or should he be returned to a place where he would concretly have to start a whole new life ?

Short Member
    Last Online
    04-17-2019 @ 09:01 PM
    Ethnicity
    MUH people
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Good day !

So a poll was added to the thread, I hope it will encourage your participation.

Short Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    MUH people
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ok, I will up the thread one more time, and if this really doesn't evoke any interest, I'll give up.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

1 Not allowed!

It's interesting, but people here prefer to troll about who is white.
    I am supporter of the single chosen nationality, as I consider dual affiliation a bigamy and institutionalized treason, at the same time humans should be totally free of chosen what land they want to live in and what rules must orchestrate their life as long as they son't derange others.

Short Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    MUH people
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    It's interesting, but people here prefer to troll about who is white.
    I am supporter of the single chosen nationality, as I consider dual affiliation a bigamy and institutionalized treason, at the same time humans should be totally free of chosen what land they want to live in and what rules must orchestrate their life as long as they son't derange others.

That's the spirit, I would say.

Why to treat the national affiliation as something hereditary or given at birth ?

How much someone is "white" is another matter to discuss, and possibly one of those things we really cannot choose.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

0 Not allowed!

People can't control when nor what nationality one is born into so what you say is quite logical in hindsight.

As you said previously, the very notion is contentious and subjective in nature. Hence, there isn't a definitive solution to such extraneous realities.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hanza View Post
    That's the spirit, I would say.

Why to treat the national affiliation as something hereditary or given at birth ?

How much someone is "white" is another matter to discuss, and possibly one of those things we really cannot choose.
    Time to spread some anarchism, I would say that minors should inherit their parents nationality until attaining age of majority and can decide by themselves if they want to conserve it, changing it if another country is willing to grant them, or become stateless with no repercussions other than not benefiting from state services.
    How can we conceive liberty in contemporary era without offering an alternative to statist alienation? impossible.

Short Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    MUH people
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by de Burgh II View Post
    People can't control when nor what nationality one is born into so what you say is quite logical in hindsight.

As you said previously, the very notion is contentious and subjective in nature. Hence, there isn't a definitive solution to such extraneous realities.

The nationality here, is merely the right to live in a given country, under certain laws; to enjoy certain rights and respect certain obligations.

I am mostly interested in the opposition of a given and a chosen nationality. I see people on these forums having usually very fatalistic views, this probably because they are focusing on racial issues. So I am expecting many to vote for a "single predetermined nationality", inherited from the parents and susceptible of no change whatsoever.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hanza View Post
    The nationality here, is merely the right to live in a given country, under certain laws; to enjoy certain rights and respect certain obligations.

I am mostly interested in the opposition of a given and a chosen nationality. I see people on these forums having usually very fatalistic views, this probably because they are focusing on racial issues. So I am expecting many to vote for a "single predetermined nationality", inherited from the parents and susceptible of no change whatsoever.
    Most members are drug addicts, race fanatics, don't expect serious debates, merely a boring discussion, at worst a torrent of insults.

Short Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    MUH people
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Time to spread some anarchism, I would say that minors should inherit their parents nationality until attaining age of majority and can decide by themselves if they want to conserve it, changing it if another country is willing to grant them, or become stateless with no repercussions other than not benefiting from state services.
    How can we conceive liberty in contemporary era without offering an alternative to statist alienation? impossible.

Yes indeed, minors should retain the nationality of their parents up to majority, then have the right to exercise a definite change of nationality, seeing their previous nationality revoked. As for remaining stateless, that would fall under international law and be still subject to a number of privileges and responsibilities.

Most members are drug addicts, race fanatics, don't expect serious debates, merely a boring discussion, at worst a torrent of insults.

Thanks friend, I know what to expect here, but I would like all the members normally interrested into similar topics to at least participate through the poll.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information