PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Things SJWs got right
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things SJWs got right

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,303
    Given: 8,229

6 Not allowed!

Default Things SJWs got right

I’m aware I am playing devil’s advocate here, but let me cut to the chase. There is one thing I really like about SJWs. They seem to intuitively understand the concept of respect and social status very well, which isn’t a common thing according to my experience. What are they bad at is conveying their ideas, as they lack terminology to even clearly express them to themselves. See, I believe that when they are speaking about ‘oppression’ and ‘privilege’, they do not actually speak about some practical benefits, which being part of certain social group provides, at least not for the most part. What they really mean, is that certain members of certain social groups are receiving less respect than members of other groups on a visceral level by individual members of the said other groups. I actually think that most SJWs are not even fully aware themselves, that this is what they, on a subconscious level, actually mean. Important thing to realize is that it is not always easy to understand and interpret your feelings properly and as such, if you try to comprehend them and put them into words, you are prone to huge misinterpretations. Now, assuming they are actually aware, I realize this is not everything they believe, they have concepts such as ‘systemic oppression’, which I believe is nonsense, but that is not important. In the former point, I think they are mostly right. What makes them different from other people (who would likely say something in the matter of ‘What is this nonsense? Nobody is oppressing them, nor anyone says they are somehow not equal’) is awareness of this very abstract and vague notion of respect on the most elementary human level (this is the most important part of the my notion of dignity, but reducing dignity to just that would be an enormous oversimplifacion). I don’t think it is an exaggeration to state that people do receive a different amount of respect on this elementary, visceral level based on their ascribed status, such as ethnicity for example. Finally, let us consider some implications of this. I’ve heard many times, that SJW views are actually insulting to social groups they regard as ‘underprivileged’, as taking their side and believing they are not fully able to solve their problems is interpreted as a belief of incompetence on the side of the said social groups. I believe this may not actually be the case, as SJWs may, either subconsciously or consciously, believe that the visceral respect is a necessary component of being taken seriously in the first place. And they’d be right.
    Last edited by Aldaris; 05-23-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

1 Not allowed!

I realized the same thing as well. They have some correct ideas but they are too dumb to even properly express them.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Disaffection View Post
    I realized the same thing as well. They have some correct ideas but they are too dumb to even properly express them.
    Essentially, yes. But we still lack the crucial terminology and theory. I had to develop the whole new definitions of certain terms to help the case and I don’t think it is a complete failure, but my descriptions still do not align perfectly with my feelings. I will gradually improve them as soon as I get new ideas though. There were preexisting definitions of dignity and respect, but I didn’t quite like them, as they have tied together multiple concepts, which are unrelated in my view.
    Last edited by Aldaris; 05-22-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

4 Not allowed!

I can understand your point about their underlying emphasis on respect and stress on egalitarianism, but they are very misguided and naive in their formalities. Even so, their arguments tend to be terribly one sided, infantile and linear/predictable. They lack logical cohesion in their arguments, are overwhelmingly emotional and just parrot politically correct terms to shut anyone down when they can't refute a logical claim in reiteration to their question.

SJW's whom I've came across have been intellectually stunted, emotionally unstable, inflated ego and are stuck in a mentality akin to a five year old child who doesn't get what they want.

This is optimal human behavior who have a predilection towards extremism and confirmation bias in their agendas.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Northern Italy, Lithuania, Scotland
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + CM
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,173
    Given: 7,962

2 Not allowed!

I thought they always got left.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by de Burgh II View Post
    I can understand your point about their underlying emphasis on respect and stress on egalitarianism, but they are very misguided and naive in their formalities. Even so, their arguments tend to be terribly one sided, infantile and linear/predictable. They lack logical cohesion in their arguments, are overwhelmingly emotional and just parrot politically correct terms to shut anyone down when they can't refute a logical claim in reiteration to their question.

SJW's whom I've came across have been intellectually stunted, emotionally unstable, inflated ego and are stuck in a mentality akin to a five year old child who doesn't get what they want.

This is optimal human behavior who have a predilection towards extremism and confirmation bias in their agendas.
    Yes, their argumentation skills are generally horrible. As I've shown, their positions are not entirely nonsensical, but due to their attitude and the incapability to avoid flaws in reasoning while defending their points and responding to criticism of them, nobody takes them seriously. Because of that, they're not really helping any cause they are trying to promote, on the contrary - if anything, people are getting annoyed by them.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

As an excuse for bumping my thread, does anyone in here think that when SJWs are labeled as 'self-haters', they actually suffer from some kind of genuine inferiority complex? Giving solid evidence for this claim would totally undermine my original point. My view is that when they are openly hostile towards majority groups, they are expressing superiority complex veiled as compassion for the 'less fortunate'.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

2 Not allowed!

SJW's and PC are two different things. Politically correct people try to go by order and whats familiar. SJW's look to all the fringes for answers so they never have any substance; just anger. SJW's don't care about white guilt, inferiority; it's like Punk Rock, its a trend, a place to be angry and fit in somewhere. PC are the genuine people, who feel not inferior, but they feel that their perceived superiority is by descent not by merit.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-23-2021 @ 06:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EM78GREENSAVANNAH's best friend
    Ethnicity
    Bessarabian Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    g2a1
    mtDNA
    h1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,158
    Given: 4,510

3 Not allowed!

Yes. One thing I always agreed with them is that there is no social equality. Some are born more "easy mode" through life, for others it's an uphill battle. However I think that SJW's are dangerous in that some of the early communists had the same style of thinking, and we all know what resulted.

So yes, there is a hierarchy and life's not fair, you're dealt with the cards you're dealt and you have to play your best hand.

I personally believe the only way to rationalize inequality and privilege is some concept of karma - you're punished/rewarded for merit in the past, which causes an unpleasant or pleasant rebirth. Otherwise there's no way to rationalize it other than life is just absolutely brutal and unfair.

One thing I dislike about SJW's is that pitying someone or pitying a group is actually an insult to that person/group. It's like "awwhhh how pathetic you poor thing".... What if said person(s) didn't ask for your sympathy? I certainly don't want to be viewed in that light.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by War Chief View Post

One thing I dislike about SJW's is that pitying someone or pitying a group is actually an insult to that person/group. It's like "awwhhh how pathetic you poor thing".... What if said person(s) didn't ask for your sympathy? I certainly don't want to be viewed in that light.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information