View Poll Results: Which treats their Indigenous population better?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chile

0 0%
  • Argentina

1 12.50%
  • Brazil

0 0%
  • Canada

7 87.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which country treats their Indigenous population better: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, or Canada?

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    New World Black
    Ethnicity
    Afro-American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 423
    Given: 83

0 Not allowed!

Default Which country treats their Indigenous population better: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, or Canada?

Chile:

Argentina:

Brazil:

Canada:

Out of the four countries, which do Indigenous people face the least amount of racism and discrimination? You can also factor into economic mobility in contrast to the mainstream population.

Last Online
    01-14-2023 @ 07:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,283
    Given: 769

0 Not allowed!

Canada by far. They have cheap gas in their reservoirs and don’t pay some taxes. Plus, they get a lot of benefits from being First Nations like scholarships, grants, free-tuition, etc.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 11:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,142
    Given: 9,067

0 Not allowed!

Idk, but those abos in Canada are the wierdest thing I´ve ever seen. They just fuck around and sing, can't even explain. I heard that they are pretty much well treated by the goverment.

Kouros

1 Not allowed!

It really depends

Quote Originally Posted by Marco94 View Post
    Canada by far. They have cheap gas in their reservoirs and don’t pay some taxes. Plus, they get a lot of benefits from being First Nations like scholarships, grants, free-tuition, etc.
    The problem with this is that you look at it from your (almost) 1st world perspective. Most aboriginals don't even make use of those scholarships/grants which I can assure you most other Canadian students would die for. The chances of you seeing a First Nations person on campus is slim to none, in fact your average Canadian has never even met an aboriginal person before. Most aboriginals here in Canada tend to stay secluded on their reserves. A big issue here in Canada right now is the occupation of the Alberta Oil Sands by aboriginals. The Canadian government tries their hardest to please them but it's really impossible, the only thing they've ever wanted is their land and people and most of that is gone.

You have to remember that aboriginals live(d) in a society where they value their land, nature, and their peoples well-being - money has no value to them. And once the British came their people were massacred, their land was annexed, and their environment and society was destroyed. Then, all the kids that miraculously survived were put into residential schools that were basically torture camps.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

Canada in Chile and Argentina are treated badly.

Last Online
    09-02-2023 @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Mestizo
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Mexico
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Left
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,734
    Given: 1,862

0 Not allowed!

I'd say Canada. Although government and non native Canadian usually treat them well, they have their fair share of problems on their reserves; suicide, alcohol abuse and drug abuse.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    It really depends

The problem with this is that you look at it from your (almost) 1st world perspective. Most aboriginals don't even make use of those scholarships/grants which I can assure you most other Canadian students would die for. The chances of you seeing a First Nations person on campus is slim to none, in fact your average Canadian has never even met an aboriginal person before. Most aboriginals here in Canada tend to stay secluded on their reserves. A big issue here in Canada right now is the occupation of the Alberta Oil Sands by aboriginals. The Canadian government tries their hardest to please them but it's really impossible, the only thing they've ever wanted is their land and people and most of that is gone.

You have to remember that aboriginals live(d) in a society where they value their land, nature, and their peoples well-being - money has no value to them. And once the British came their people were massacred, their land was annexed, and their environment and society was destroyed. Then, all the kids that miraculously survived were put into residential schools that were basically torture camps.
    Well, obviously they are not perfectly treated in Canada. They have their issues, but they are far better off than their Argentine, Chilean and Brazilian counterparts. Here in Argentina their ancestral lands are being reduced by the ever-expanding agricultural activity.

My brother lived in Canada (his girlfriend is Canadian) and he told me how there was no difference between a reservation and a normal city/suburb in Canada, or at least in Ontario, and that the Indians enjoyed cheap gasoline and low taxes (cigarrettes were cheaper, for example). Those advantages, though not the best, are non-existant here.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Double
    Last edited by Marco94; 02-05-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,529
    Given: 1,986

0 Not allowed!

Canada.

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco94 View Post
    Well, obviously they are not perfectly treated in Canada. They have their issues, but they are far better off than their Argentine, Chilean and Brazilian counterparts. Here in Argentina their ancestral lands are being reduced by the ever-expanding agricultural activity.

My brother lived in Canada (his girlfriend is Canadian) and he told me how there was no difference between a reservation and a normal city/suburb in Canada, or at least in Ontario, and that the Indians enjoyed cheap gasoline and low taxes (cigarrettes were cheaper, for example). Those advantages, though not the best, are non-existant here.
    I don't know anything about these countries but I believe you except for the part on reserves being the same as any other environment. Anyways, my point was just that First Nations people don't give a shit about things other Canadians normally do give a shit about. That's for a perfectly fine reason too because their lifestyle is totally alien to that of other Canadians (and vice-versa).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information