View Poll Results: Is it better to be an Introvert, or an Extrovert...why/why-not?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introvert!

9 64.29%
  • Extrovert!

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it better to be an Introvert, or an Extrovert...why/why-not?

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iloko View Post
    my lair is equipped with every known ingenious machine and contraption known to man quite possibly, a 1-manned staff in hidden seclusion
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Last Online
    10-09-2023 @ 06:10 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Poland, Belarus, Latvia, Ukraine
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,415
    Given: 688

0 Not allowed!

Extrovert, imo. Connecting with other Humans whether as friends, partners etc is the greatest thing you can do with your time on earth. Books and Games while fantastic (I'm by strict definition an introvert) can't give you that same feeling. Still, neither is really better than the other. You should be what you want to be and if being with people all the time doesn't make you happy then that's you.

I think I'm an extrovert deep down and that's why I'm very depressed when I sit around all day and have no close friends (which is generally most of my life).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

^My opinion is only as valid as yours: but I would argue that it is impossible to objectively determine which manner of passing the time on earth is the best, for a human..
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    ^My opinion is only as valid as yours: but I would argue that it is impossible to objectively determine which manner of passing the time on earth is the best, for a human..
    True. As I said, if a person enjoys time alone then of course doing the opposite is counter productive to spending your time on earth wisely. It simply seems to me that communication with other living beings is more meaningful at it's core than communication with words on paper and algorithms. Unless you spend most of your time as an introvert exploring your own mind - and that might be the greatest use of time of all.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMaskil View Post
    True. As I said, if a person enjoys time alone then of course doing the opposite is counter productive to spending your time on earth wisely. It simply seems to me that communication with other living beings is more meaningful at it's core than communication with words on paper and algorithms. Unless you spend most of your time as an introvert exploring your own mind - and that might be the greatest use of time of all.
    Fair enough, and most psychologists would agree with you on the supreme importance of the bolded (the interpersonal)..

I remember one particular morning.. having made love, my then girlfriend and I got to lazily chatting.. our relationship was newly founded and we were still getting to know one another...

Anyway, she was describing to me how she - for a variety of reasons - had always felt a pressure to "achieve"..

We took turns describing our thoughts on the theme we found ourselves engaged with.. on one of my such turns, I suggested that, when the sun explodes, and the earth is obliterated, all lists of and references to all Nobel Prizes & Laureates will likewise be obliterated.. all bestsellers and Academy Awards.. all buildings and all bridges.. all degrees and dissertations.. all materiel and all credit.. all property and all trophies (and all the names engraved on all the trophies) etc etc..

^Obviously, I wouldn't submit my girlfriend to a full blown monologue, but the paragraph above contains the gist of the point I made when it was my turn to opine..

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Fair enough, and most psychologists would agree with you on the supreme importance of the bolded (the interpersonal)..

I remember one particular morning.. having made love, my then girlfriend and I got to lazily chatting.. our relationship was newly founded and we were still getting to know one another...

Anyway, she was describing to me how she - for a variety of reasons - had always felt a pressure to "achieve"..

We took turns describing our thoughts on the theme we found ourselves engaged with.. on one of my such turns, I suggested that, when the sun explodes, and the earth is obliterated, all lists of and references to all Nobel Prizes & Laureates will likewise be obliterated.. all bestsellers and Academy Awards.. all buildings and all bridges.. all degrees and dissertations.. all materiel and all credit.. all property and all trophies (and all the names engraved on all the trophies) etc etc..

^Obviously, I wouldn't submit my girlfriend to a full blown monologue, but the paragraph above contains the gist of the point I made when it was my turn to opine..
    I only mentioned this as I think it relates to certain aspects of the matter at hand.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,800
    Given: 4,570

1 Not allowed!

I honestly think that it's better to be a mixture of both, extremities on either side are pretty scary. You need to apply introversion and extraversion relative to the situation you're in to achieve the highest level of efficiency imo.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 12:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,800
    Given: 4,570

1 Not allowed!

Extrovert, imo. Connecting with other Humans whether as friends, partners etc is the greatest thing you can do with your time on earth. Books and Games while fantastic (I'm by strict definition an introvert) can't give you that same feeling. Still, neither is really better than the other. You should be what you want to be and if being with people all the time doesn't make you happy then that's you.

I think I'm an extrovert deep down and that's why I'm very depressed when I sit around all day and have no close friends (which is generally most of my life).
    I'm sorry that you feel that way, you're a great dude bro. Got your back whenever you need.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If you're half as likeable in person as you are over the internet, I say, as best you can, even if only tentatively at first, venture beyond your comfort zone, and give people the chance to become your friends.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2780 (Q-M378)
    mtDNA
    H5
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Politics
    depends
    Hero
    Yitzhak Rabin
    Religion
    depends
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If you're half as likeable in person as you are over the internet, I say, as best you can, even if only tentatively at first, venture beyond your comfort zone, and give people the chance to become your friends.
    Haha, thanks a lot mate. I am trying. I've done more social activities this year than ever before so I am improving, if very slowly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information