Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is culturally closer to the Irish : Russians or Greeks?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,176

1 Not allowed!

Greece ofc, both nations are notable goatfuckers when Russia has had an influence on the world.

Russia and Ireland connected by stoicism is an interesting interpretation and may be true, Greece is probably far more Romantic. I'm not so sure for the drinking culture, from my POV Irish people like Brits drink to get wasted when Russians have casual drinking habits(and get wasted in the process) of high alcoholic beverages. Irish seem kinda chatty and stick close to their families like Greeks, Russians I suppose are less chatty but they also seem to like their Babushka's shashlik.

lulz at the Westernized Northern Greeks from teh coast
    Last edited by Faklon; 02-11-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,764
    Given: 2,769

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    Greeks of course. Having been myself to Ireland I have experienced what many other South Europeans have confirmed in other forums and pages: Similar social and family structure and relations and similar temperament.
    not to mention:

BTW correcting Lilly's point, Irish are not viewed as "noble" or "ubermensch" or "aryan" and anything that would make anyone feel like wannabe Irish. They just have something familiar mostly to South Europeans and then to slavs (I have no idea why for the latter) that is explained above.
    You are a stupid troll,and i am always bored talking with you.Mainland greek from north down to athens and even south peloponnesus is heavily balkan both in culture and genetics duel with it.With exception your faggoit islands witch it was under venetians control and dodecanese along with cyclades the rest of greece is a mix of anatolian and balkan both in culture and genetics duel with it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 28,982

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    Actually, that makes far more sense. Since Mexico and Ireland are predominately Catholic nations.
    Mexico also had the San Patricios and there was a lot more Irish migration to Mexico than either Russia or Greece. So I agree.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

they say it in terms of genetics* not culture

more or less Greece is culturally unnique with some regions of mainland (mostly tending towards south and coasts) being mediterranean and "western" and more inland and to a lesser degree more north tending to more balkan but neither is significantly different from each other, and then you have pontians and anatolian Greeks who share many things with near east and west asia, and especially the first group (pontians) have little to do with "old Greece" and are the groups that significantly differ from most of Greeks

*As i said even this is wrong, as most of mainland Greece is genetically closer to central Italy than Bulgaria

with only problem being the fact that islanders do not significantly differ from northern Greeks from coasts (let alone South-central Greeks) and islanders represent 50% of the population, if we count people who live in the islands, along with those with partially islandic ancestry like me who live in the mainland

yet I can show thousands of ways on how culturally south Greece nowadays differs from Thessaloniki, not because of native macedonians of course, but because the city is full of Pontians and anatolians.

your posts are unfair and you know it very well. You always use first plural and say things about Greeks that you already know yourself that apply for very few regions and especially for people like pontians. Most of the ways you described Greeks do not apply for me, and yes, I am closer from every aspect (and especially genetics) to an average Greek than any pontian is. It's at least unfair to say such things by your side, when natives in spite of being terribly different from your ancestors, accepted them and gave them homes.

Yes, we do have Near eastern populations in Greece, but no, you can't put all of us into the same basket. There is nothing "anatolian" or balkan or anything similar when you enter the old town of nafplio, or pylos, or santorini, let alone Rhodes or Corfu
    And since when the slavobalkaners like your ass have meditteranid culture?The majority of locals in northern greece have zero med culture like islanders for example.The majority of them both in looks and culture are totally slavobalkaners.You have to understand that the biggest cultural anatolian thing in modern Greek culture is the music.Its not my fault that the majority of Greeks like to hear Paola,sfakianaki and all these bouzoukovious dog-singers.As for Pontians keep in my mind that our culture is a mix of Greek and Caucasus...definetly not the turkish one like those in asia minor greeks in west coast and from Kostantinoupoli or your copy-paste venetian/italian ass.Not to mention your slavobalkan ancestry from northern greece as some other members here have mention about you.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 28,982

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Frank Grimes View Post
    How about neither? This is what is referred to as being an idiotic thread with people making bizarre statements based more on their personal baggage than anything else.

If I was to make a thread about the conflicting ideological themes between Aristotle and Plato's philosophy I'd get no more than 7 responses no doubt. Idiotioc threads like this gets 20 pages. You're all a bunch of retards.
    I took the question as a comparison between populations that are the most separated. Ireland on the edges of Europe in the Northwest (excluding Iceland) and Russia on the extreme east of Europe and Greece which is the extreme southeast. All these countries are at the edge of Europe but at polar opposite locations.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,886
    Given: 26,288

0 Not allowed!

The irish are closer to French people from Bretagne region, but they speak a Germanic language. The Russians are Viking/Germanic Rus who now speak slavic. Interesting or not?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,886
    Given: 26,288

0 Not allowed!

By Germanic language i mean English, the most used language in Ireland.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    By Germanic language i mean English, the most used language in Ireland.
    Some are talking gaelic i think,but yes the majority are english speakers.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Livin View Post
    You are a stupid troll,and i am always bored talking with you.Mainland greek from north down to athens and even south peloponnesus is heavily balkan both in culture and genetics duel with it.With exception your faggoit islands witch it was under venetians control and dodecanese along with cyclades the rest of greece is a mix of anatolian and balkan both in culture and genetics duel with it.
    you can keep insulting, calling me "stupid and troll" but you will not change the truth, which truth is that especially coasts of South mainland, including Athens IS MEDITERRANEAN, NOT BALKAN

first of all if venetian control counts for the islands, then so it should count for peloponnese and much of central Greece

And that of course has an impact on culture. yes, the old town of Trikala in northern Greece is nearly identical to safranbolu or sirince or many old towns in bulgaria, fyrom albania etc

BUT such architecture does not exist south of Lamia, where, especially the more south and more coastal you go, the more mediterranean you get
    South Greek mainland:

Greece (islands)

as you can see South Greek architecture is nearly indistinguishable from that of the islands, and especially ionian islands

Can you show me a single place in South Greece looking similar to the old town of Trikala?

And if "paola" or "karas" who are both popular mostly among romani people and lower classes (cause 8 years in the university I met not even one listening to them) then equally count genres like elafrolaiko, kantades, rebetikes kantades, syrtaki, entehno etc, all of them musicologically quite close to southwest european music genres and sometimes even to celtic music, and all of them created in South, and quite developed in natives of North, but never among anatolian Greeks of north

not to mention that even the old traditional music has little to nothing to do with pontian and anatolian, with many examples (but certainly not all of it) especially in western peloponnese being related to southwest music

ps judginng by their results, pontians are laz with sooe Greek admixture. not vice versa

ps2 before anyone else mention my half "slavobalkan ancestry from northern Greece", I am the one to mention it first

and as such a case i am the one to notice the differences between mediterranean and western culture which is not common only in the islands, but quite common in much of mainland as well, and balkan

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Anatolian
    Ancestry
    Barcin Neolithic+CHG
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

you can keep insulting, calling me "stupid and troll" but you will not change the truth, which truth is that especially coasts of South mainland, including Athens IS MEDITERRANEAN, NOT BALKAN

first of all if venetian control counts for the islands, then so it should count for peloponnese and much of central Greece

And that of course has an impact on culture. yes, the old town of Trikala in northern Greece is nearly identical to safranbolu or sirince or many old towns in bulgaria, fyrom albania etc

BUT such architecture does not exist south of Lamia, where, especially the more south and more coastal you go, the more mediterranean you get
    South Greek mainland:

Greece (islands)

as you can see South Greek architecture is nearly indistinguishable from that of the islands, and especially ionian islands

Can you show me a single place in South Greece looking similar to the old town of Trikala?

And if "paola" or "karas" who are both popular mostly among romani people and lower classes (cause 8 years in the university I met not even one listening to them) then equally count genres like elafrolaiko, kantades, rebetikes kantades, syrtaki, entehno etc, all of them musicologically quite close to southwest european music genres and sometimes even to celtic music

not to mention that even the old traditional music has little to nothing to do with pontian and anatolian, with many examples especially in western peloponnese being related to southwest music

ps judginng by their results, pontians are laz with sooe Greek admixture. not vice versa
    You are a little bit confused.When i talk about culture i mean foods,music,way of life etc.The anatolian culture has to do with 400 years of ottoman fucking.Am i wrong?Some people in the north have balkan influences due to vlach,arvanitovlach and even slavic influences.Anatolian Greeks from west coast and costantinoupoli brought many turkish things in mainland Greece.For example,turkish caffe(its not greek),some plates,music like rebetiko and other stuff.The majority of modern greeks like to hear turkobarok anatolic music like karas,paola,verities,remos etc.This means that the whole population are infected from these 400 years of ottoman control.Our language also has many turkish words,some phrases also are turkish etc.This means anatolian culture.And this has to do with 400 years of ottoman fucking.If you coming from islands like Zakinthos or Leukada is very normal to be more meditteranid and closer to italian culture due to venetian control.Btw i never said that Pontic MUSIC is 100% greek,ofc our music has caucasus,iranian influences witch is normal because we lived far away from Greece.The reason that i am arguing with you is because you try to pass mainland greek the same with islands when you are completely wrong.Athens is probably the most multicultural city.The majority of people there have ancestry from every part of greece.For the last time and i am not gonna put it more.Dodecannese,ionian islands,cyclades(not all of them) and some parts of Crete are totally med in both culture,way of life,music,food etc.The rest of the mainland is not.

Pontic Greeks are just an armenian like group.A mix of caucasus hunter gatheners and neolithic anatolians.Genetically we are closer with armenians,assyrians,turks,kurds etc rather with other caucasus people.Anyway we might have some greek blood but its not obvious in genetic results neither in ydna.Phenomically some people can look greek,others defiantly not.Btw in my situation everyone in my family looking greek.I have posted pics before.

Cheers.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread Information