Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Irish and Hollywood Star Liam Neeson Facing Huge Criticism Over Racism

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Default Northern Irish and Hollywood Star Liam Neeson Facing Huge Criticism Over Racism

Liam Neeson in racism storm after admitting he wanted to kill a black man

5th February 2018

Actor Liam Neeson is facing a major racism storm after admitting he once set out to kill an innocent black man.

He said he walked the streets with a weapon for a week years ago, hoping to take out his anger after someone close to him was raped by a black man.

The Hollywood star said he was ashamed of his actions, but his remarks have sparked widespread outrage.

Neeson hasn't commented further since the interview was published by The Independent on Monday.

He was speaking to promote his new film Cold Pursuit, a thriller about a man who seeks retribution after his son is murdered.

Asked how his character turns to anger, the actor replied that "something primal" kicks in when a someone close to you is the victim of violence.

He said: "God forbid you've ever had a member of your family hurt under criminal conditions. I'll tell you a story. This is true."

Neeson said the alleged rape took place a long time ago and he found out about it when he came back from a trip abroad. The actor went on to use racially offensive language about the attacker.

He said: "She handled the situation of the rape in the most extraordinary way.

"But my immediate reaction was... I asked, did she know who it was? No. What colour were they? She said it was a black person.

"I went up and down areas with a cosh, hoping I'd be approached by somebody - I'm ashamed to say that - and I did it for maybe a week, hoping some [uses air quotes with fingers] 'black bastard' would come out of a pub and have a go at me about something, you know? So that I could kill him."

Neeson has been subject to huge criticism for the comments.

Read more: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47117177
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Liam Neeson's red carpet event has now been cancelled due to the ongoing racism storm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47138980

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

He told ABC: "If she had said an Irish or a Scot or a Brit* or a Lithuanian it would - I know it would - have had the same effect.

"I was trying to show honour, to stand up for my dear friend in this terribly medieval fashion."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47133868
    So if someone from Ireland or Scotland commits a crime... should people take it out on all Irish or Scottish people?! Kill millions of innocent people... just because somebody looks similar or has a similar accent to an individual person who committed a crime!? Where's the logic in that?

*D'oh, a Scottish person from the island of Great Britain is British and European ... just like a Spanish person is Iberian, and a Danish person is Scandinavian.

Every nation on the planet has individual people who've committed crimes... so if he wants to take the crimes of an individual person out on entire nations of people... he'd have to kill everyone on the planet.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-06-2019 at 03:52 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

It's reminscent of a criminal psycho who goes into a school and shoots and kills random innocent people ... because somebody else bullied the attacker in life. Psychos take their frustrations out on innocent people who never harmed their attacker.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,004
    Given: 28,364

3 Not allowed!

People are such sensitive snowflakes these days. He was being brutally honest about something very devastating that happened to someone he cared about. He also admitted he was ashamed about this now. I think these sort of things should be talked about as it aids in people's understanding and when things are discussed it isn't all pushed underneath the surface which I think can cause deeper problems. Everything is so PC these days but it appears people can still say what they want about Irish people and no one bats an eyelid i.e. Azaelia Banks. Although no one appears to take her very seriously and thinks she's a bit unbalanced because she has a history of outbursts.

There is a blatant double standard when racist language is used against Irish people as a US rapper did this week, but shouldn’t racism be called out wherever it comes from?
    https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion...rish-free-pass

It's obvious though in this day and age people have to be ultra-sensitive what they say. People will be scared to say anything especially in public at the rate things are going. While I don't agree with anyone being racist I still think people should be able to be honest as if people feel they can't speak their minds there could be a lot of resentment that isn't being acknowledged which can come out in other ways. Anyway Liam Neeson wasn't being racist and just was being very honest about how he felt about killing someone that raped someone he was close to. I think most people would feel like this and it is a natural reaction. The rapist happened to be black but if it was a white man there would be the same reaction.

esoterica Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Nepal
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Hero
    Phosphoros
    Religion
    Ἑρμῆς
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,349
    Given: 31,124

3 Not allowed!

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Liam Neeson is calling for more integration in Northern Irish schools between Catholics and Protestants:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38900064

I wonder if he wants to kill all Catholics if a Protestant is murdered by a Catholic ... or if he wants to kill all Protestants if a Catholic is murdered by a Protestant in Northern Ireland.

How about the Northern Irish (who are occupying Northern Ireland) just bugger-off and get out of Northern Ireland... and give NI back to the Irish. Problem solved.

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-06-2019 at 04:26 AM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Azaelia Banks. Although no one appears to take her very seriously and thinks she's a bit unbalanced because she has a history of outbursts.

https://www.irishcentral.com/opinion...rish-free-pass
    I also thought Azaelia's sick comments about Irish people were vile.

Luckily no innocent person has been killed by Liam, even though he had the evil thoughts in his head to criminally kill a random innocent person. If he'd have murdered an innocent person in the U.S., he'd be sent to Death Row.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post

Liam Neeson is calling for more integration in Northern Irish schools between Catholics and Protestants:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38900064

I wonder if he wants to kill all Catholics if a Protestant is murdered by a Catholic ... or if he wants to kill all Protestants if a Catholic is murdered by a Protestant in Northern Ireland.
    He's just been honest and I admire him for it. He said that if it was an Irishman etc he would have felt the same way. I remember someone saying how they hated all Irish people because of an IRA bombing. People have to work through these issues and what's wrong with being honest? It can then be discussed and rationalised. He was explaining his initial reaction and how he realised he was wrong.

God forbid people should be honest about what happens when you are faced with traumas in your life.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I also thought Azaelia's sick comments about Irish people were vile.

Luckily no innocent person has been killed by Liam, even though he had the evil thoughts in his head to criminally kill a random innocent person. If he'd have murdered an innocent person in the U.S., he'd be sent to Death Row.
    Yes but if you have a crime committed against you or a loved one you want to kill. Most people have this reaction but never go through with it. He was saying how he felt at the time. I've felt like killing people at times. I wouldn't act on it though. People often extend their hate to a whole group if someone from that group was a party to violence. It's a common reaction. It's the perpetrator who they really hate but people can take it out on innocent parties which is completely wrong. He was just saying what he felt like doing. I think it is a pity if we stifle people being honest in these circumstances. It can take some counselling for people and also close family and friends to cope with trauma so talking about how you feel is important. It looks like Liam will receive backlash from this and I don't agree he should. Heck he even admitted he was wrong to have those thoughts. It just looks like people now aren't going to be able to be honest and everyone will be muzzled because no one can say anything wrong or state what race perpetrators are because everyone is so sensitive about offending people.

People should be able to look at the context.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information