Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Irish and Hollywood Star Liam Neeson Facing Huge Criticism Over Racism

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Yes but if you have a crime committed against you or a loved one you want to kill. Most people have this reaction but never go through with it. He was saying how he felt at the time. I've felt like killing people at times. I wouldn't act on it though. People often extend their hate to a whole group if someone from that group was a party to violence. It's a common reaction. It's the perpetrator who they really hate but people can take it out on innocent parties which is completely wrong. He was just saying what he felt like doing. I think it is a pity if we stifle people being honest in these circumstances. It can take some counselling for people and also close family and friends to cope with trauma so talking about how you feel is important. It looks like Liam will receive backlash from this and I don't agree he should. Heck he even admitted he was wrong to have those thoughts. It just looks like people now aren't going to be able to be honest and everyone will be muzzled because no one can say anything wrong or state what race perpetrators are because everyone is so sensitive about offending people.

People should be able to look at the context.
    I was violently attacked and raped by a young black British teenager once. I was held hostage for 8 hours and my blood was over the walls and I had to go through a 2 week court trial. He cut me and drank my blood. I had to look at numerous pictures of bruises and cuts on me that the police photographed and pictures of the blood over the walls, during the upsetting, nerve-wrecking, and traumatic court trial where I stand-up in front of lots of people to give evidence and had to relive it all for the barristers and jurors.

I spent hours in hospital being examined and had to take sleeping pills for a month afterwards. I wasn't allowed to wash the broken glass from my hair until the police and medical examiners had documented all of my injuries.

My attacker also exposed himself to nurses in the hospital who treated my injuries. I had to go through counselling. The national media sensationalised it unfortunately, and some of the things they printed weren't quite accurate. I never spoke to the media, but the police forewarned me that they were present in the courtroom. The media weren't allowed to name me to protect my identity... but they named my attacker in numerous news articles.

I was offered large sums of money to do interviews with journalists, but I took my mother's advice and declined to give any interviews to the media to protect my identity. Journalists got hold of my number and they kept ringing me for several months with offers of thousands of pounds to do interviews with them. I just wanted some peace though.

Did I take it out on all black people, for what that individual maniac did to me? Did I take it out on all people with dark hair and brown eyes? No, because I'm mentally stronger than that. I went to counselling and had lots of support and help from my boyfriend and good friends and relatives. (My own son is half black, and his father and other black people I know as good friends were outraged over what happened to me and they supported me.)

Justice was served as I received a large sum in compensation and my attacker was found guilty by the jury of all 6 charges against him... and he was sent to a high security prison for 13 years. Probation workers keep me informed on him. He was initially taken to the Old Bailey court (the UK's top crown court) after he was arrested when black security guards and the police took his hands off me in the hospital.

The police told me that the reason why he was taken to the UK's top court before the trial happened 6 months later, was due to the way he was presenting himself during his police interviews. The police told me that he's the type of maniac who would kill someone if they released him. So he had to stay incarcerated until the trial.

He tried to intimidate me in the courtroom by touching himself and punching his head whilst I was tearfully giving evidence of the attack. Then he yelled abuse at the judge and accused the jury of being 'racist' and 'biased' for finding him guilty of all 6 charges against me and also against two nurses who also pressed charges against him. He was ordered to undergo a psychiatric assessment by the judge until he was sentenced 1 month later. The judge gave him the maximum sentence possible.

I suffered from shock and a lot of bruises, which healed. My ear was cut and required some stitches in hospital. I went to counselling sessions for a year afterwards.

I've met nice people and I've also encountered horrible people from all races and nationalities in London.... so I know from life experience that people are individuals with their own souls.

Maybe one day I'll give interviews with magazines when I feel ready, and if I can remain anonymous... and if it helps other victims of violent attacks to speak-out in court. Many females are too afraid and nervous to go through the court trial. I nearly backed-out at the last minute. I phoned Operation Sapphire at the police station the day before the trial commenced - and told them I can't go through with seeing him again in court. They encouraged me to give evidence in court as it would prevent him from being able to harm me or any other female and would bring justice. I was shaking in the court room due to my nerves. The police in the Operation Sapphire rape department supported me a lot.

If I ever decide to give interviews to womens magazines to encourage other victims of crimes to seek justice, I wish to remain anonymous - as I don't want random strangers to recognise me in the street if I give public interviews - and think, 'Oh, that's the poor female who was violently raped.' I don't want pity or to be regarded as a helpless victim... I've moved-on from it now and I just want a normal life.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-06-2019 at 05:58 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,097
    Given: 28,473

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I was violently attacked and raped by a black man once. I was held hostage for 8 hours and my blood was over the walls and I had to go through a 2 week court trial. I had to look at numerous pictures of bruises and cuts on me that the police photographed and pictures of the blood over the walls... during the traumatic court trial where I stand up in front of lots of people to give evidence.

I spent hours in hospital being examined and had to take sleeping pills for a month afterwards. I wasn't allowed to wash the broken glass from my hair until the police and medical examiners had documented all of my injuries.

My attacker also exposed himself to nurses in the hospital who treated my injuries. I had to go through counselling. The national media sensationalised it and some of the things they printed weren't quite accurate.

I was offered large sums of money to do interviews with journalists, but I took my mothers advice and declined to protect my identity.

Did I take it out on all black people? No. (My own son in half black and his father and other black people were outraged over what happened to me and they supported me.)

Justice was served as I received a large sum in compensation and my attacker was found guilty by the jury of all 6 charges against him... and he was sent to a high security prison for 13 years.

I've met nice people and horrible people in all races and nationalities in London.

Maybe one day I'll give interviews with magazines if it helps other victims of violent attacks.
    You're amazing to come through that and be so well balanced. You are a real survivor Lily.

Yes I agree that whether someone is nice or horrible has nothing to do with race. I don't think Liam is racist though and he obviously has learned from his experiences as well.

I'm sorry you had to go through such a shocking experience. You obviously haven't let it defeat you though and come across as a very strong person which you must be to come out of that the way you have. Good on you for having the courage to talk about it as well.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,849
    Given: 6,536

1 Not allowed!

What a legend. Hope he doesn't cuck too much.
    Spoiler!

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

1 Not allowed!

But surely a man of his years could have related/phrased his sentiments more judiciously?
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

based

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I was violently attacked and raped by a young black British teenager once. I was held hostage for 8 hours and my blood was over the walls and I had to go through a 2 week court trial. He cut me and drank my blood. I had to look at numerous pictures of bruises and cuts on me that the police photographed and pictures of the blood over the walls, during the upsetting, nerve-wrecking, and traumatic court trial where I stand-up in front of lots of people to give evidence and had to relive it all for the barristers and jurors.

My attacker also exposed himself to nurses in the hospital who treated my injuries. I had to go through counselling. The national media sensationalised it unfortunately, and some of the things they printed weren't quite accurate. I never spoke to the media, but the police forewarned me that they were present in the courtroom. The media weren't allowed to name me to protect my identity... but they named my attacker in numerous news articles.

I was offered large sums of money to do interviews with journalists, but I took my mother's advice and declined to give any interviews to the media to protect my identity. Journalists got hold of my number and they kept ringing me for several months with offers of thousands of pounds to do interviews with them. I just wanted some peace though.

Did I take it out on all black people, for what that individual maniac did to me? Did I take it out on all people with dark hair and brown eyes? No, because I'm mentally stronger than that. I went to counselling and had lots of support and help from my boyfriend and good friends and relatives. (My own son is half black, and his father and other black people I know as good friends were outraged over what happened to me and they supported me.)

Justice was served as I received a large sum in compensation and my attacker was found guilty by the jury of all 6 charges against him... and he was sent to a high security prison for 13 years. Probation workers keep me informed on him. He was initially taken to the Old Bailey court (the UK's top crown court) after he was arrested when black security guards and the police took his hands off me in the hospital.

The police told me that the reason why he was taken to the UK's top court before the trial happened 6 months later, was due to the way he was presenting himself during his police interviews. The police told me that he's the type of maniac who would kill someone if they released him. So he had to stay incarcerated until the trial.

He tried to intimidate me in the courtroom by touching himself and punching his head whilst I was tearfully giving evidence of the attack. Then he yelled abuse at the judge and accused the jury of being 'racist' and 'biased' for finding him guilty of all 6 charges against me and also against two nurses who also pressed charges against him. He was ordered to undergo a psychiatric assessment by the judge until he was sentenced 1 month later. The judge gave him the maximum sentence possible.

I suffered from shock and a lot of bruises, which healed. My ear was cut and required some stitches in hospital. I went to counselling sessions for a year afterwards.

I've met nice people and I've also encountered horrible people from all races and nationalities in London.... so I know from life experience that people are individuals with their own souls.

Maybe one day I'll give interviews with magazines when I feel ready, and if I can remain anonymous... and if it helps other victims of violent attacks to speak-out in court. Many females are too afraid and nervous to go through the court trial. I nearly backed-out at the last minute. I phoned Operation Sapphire at the police station the day before the trial commenced - and told them I can't go through with seeing him again in court. They encouraged me to give evidence in court as it would prevent him from being able to harm me or any other female and would bring justice. I was shaking in the court room due to my nerves. The police in the Operation Sapphire rape department supported me a lot.

If I ever decide to give interviews to womens magazines to encourage other victims of crimes to seek justice, I wish to remain anonymous - as I don't want random strangers to recognise me in the street if I give public interviews - and think, 'Oh, that's the poor female who was violently raped.' I don't want pity or to be regarded as a helpless victim... I've moved-on from it now and I just want a normal life.
    Bravo, Lily. Much respect.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    But surely a man of his years could have related/phrased his sentiments more judiciously?
    He's not stated that he's learned from his previous immature way of thinking. Nor has he stated that he's grown-up now and learned that people are individuals who can't be pigeon-holed. Nor has he stated that it's unfair and unjust to blame every innocent person in life for the crimes of somebody else.

It's a weak mentality when people allow their attacker to get the better of them - so that they take it out on innocent people.

What kind of world would we have if everyone was seeking to murder anyone who's Scottish, Irish, Black, Lithuanian, etc... depending on the nationality or the appearance of an individual who committed a crime.

When people are arrested for a crime - e.g; serial killer Doctor Harold Shipman... the police didn't arrest every white person in England - nor charge every white English person with the crimes of that serial-killing doctor, who murdered hundreds of his patients and stole money from their wills.

The police didn't take every white English person into custody for being the same colour and the same nationality as the white English serial killer Doctor Harold Shipman. It's a good job that Liam wasn't here... or would he be running around the streets seeking to kill all white English people?!

Has Liam Neeson ever heard of professional detective investigations, police evidence, DNA/fibres/medical evidence, court trial hearings, legal representation and lawyers on behalf of the accused person during court trial hearings, etc... before determining a person's innocence or guilt?

It's like his acting roles have gone to his head;- he's not qualified to be a detective, nor qualified to be a member of the FBI in real life. He should leave detective investigations and the criminal justice system to be dealt with by professional experts.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-06-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Liam Neeson has come under fire again for defending Dustin Hoffman against sexual misconduct allegations, and for opposing MeToo.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3964988/l...pposing-metoo/

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8157411.html

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/...ildhood-stuff/

It seems like the more he opens his mouth, the more he's winding people up.

Was he there to know what Dustin did to those females in private?! This actor says he's all for freedom of speech - so why can't those females freely speak about what has happened to them? Or are they supposed to be gagged and stay silent?

He didn't say that his female friend was lying though when she was raped... he just ran out in the streets carrying a cosh on him like a maniac.... looking for some random innocent man to accuse and murder for a crime that they never committed.

Then he's got the audacity to accuse females of going on a 'witch-hunt' for making sexual misconduct accusations against Dustin Hoffman. Those females aren't running around the streets carrying a cosh like Liam did, when he went on a witch-hunt and sought to kill random innocent men for a crime that they didn't commit.

I can understand people taking out their anger on the actual person who is guilty of committing the crime ... but not to criminally attack and murder innocent people who never raped his friend.

Would Liam like to receive his own treatment back..? ('What's good for the goose is good for the gander!' ) Would he like to be wrongly accused and blamed for any crimes committed by people in Northern Ireland..? I doubt it.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-06-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,815
    Given: 7,518

0 Not allowed!

This is a pretty dumb story. I'll never get the hoopla about it.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

It happened 40 years ago and he has mentioned he felt regret over it; he told his story to demonstrate how racism and revenge can get the better of people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information