View Poll Results: Can you deliver a speech in front of a large crowd without looking nervous?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes I can

6 66.67%
  • no I can't

3 33.33%

Thread: Can you deliver a speech in front of a large crowd without looking nervous?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

0 Not allowed!

Default Can you deliver a speech in front of a large crowd without looking nervous?

I sure as hell can't lol

poll added..

Neighborhood Friendly Nuna <3
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Austronesian
    Ethnicity
    Samoan
    Ancestry
    Samoan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Longbowman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,533
    Given: 11,712

0 Not allowed!

Yes. If you know your talking points, there should be no reason to be nervous.

Now, being a stand up comedian delivering your first couple of sets ever, THAT sounds really nerve wrecking.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Yes, won best Orator and best Debater in High School and College. Speaking in public is natural to me.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

0 Not allowed!

Yes. It's easy because I imagine I hate every single person in the audience.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

3 Not allowed!

No, certainly not. I think I'd die from fright. Even the mere thought of doing that makes me tremble.

I also feel nervous and tense if a few strangers watch me whilst I'm playing on my piano or Irish tin whistle. I've had workmen previously visit my home and they've noticed my musical instruments and asked me to play them a song. I've tried to make excuses to avoid doing so, but after they persisted, I gave-in and started playing Moonlight Sonata for them on my piano... even though I felt tense and uncomfortable with being watched by strangers in my home.

I also dreaded having to play music as a small child infront of the rest of the school at my infant and junior schools sometimes during school assemblies. I would play together with about nine other girls. My mother had to psychologically prepare me to reduce my nerves. She made me practice playing music infront of my toy teddy bears and she told me to avoid looking at the audience and to imagine them as being teddy bears... it helped me feel less anxious.

At senior school, drama lessons were my worst subject as I was petrified of going on-stage. I hated acting and being stared at, so I would silently sit in mental anguish and agony during drama lessons... silently pleading and wishing for my name not to be selected. Once I got stage-fright and the other kids laughed as I had to be pulled onto the stage... and then I just froze and couldn't remember my lines as I was too nervous. The teacher let me sit down off-stage, but I felt ridiculed and embarrassed by being forced to go on-stage.

My voice was so quiet that the teachers struggled to hear me. I'd always sit at the back of the classroom and felt nervous if I was asked to speak. My cheeks would blush bright red and I'd get palpitations in my heart, and I could still feel my heart beating fast for a minute or two after being asked to say something.

Each year, my grandmother and mother would make fancy dress costumes for me and my sisters to wear... and then we'd have to parade in competitions. Usually the costumes would be nice and age-appropriate, like Little Bo Peep, etc.

But one time, when I was aged 6, my parents didn't have enough time to design a costume... but they still wanted to enter me in the kids fancy dress competition. So they quickly decided to dress me up in a red bikini with flowers in my long hair and flowers all around my neck. I cried and acted up that day, as I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to parade in a red bikini. I thought they were trying to humiliate me, but they said it would look 'lovely'.

As I walked around on-stage in a red bikini with flowers around my neck and in my hair that evening, and then was forced to parade with the other kids in front of the audience full of adults and judges, I felt shaky and upset.

And then when the 3 winners were announced, I felt upset when they called my name as it meant I had to go back on-stage infront of the audience to collect my prize (a kids board game,) and also to have my photo taken in a red bikini (third place winner,) next to a boy dressed in an imaginative robot costume (second place winner,) and another boy dressed as a weetabix man (first place winner.) All three winners had to stand on these blocks numbered 1, 2, 3. My parents and grandparents and my aunts and uncles who were in the audience were proud, but inside I was dying.

I also feel sad for these other stressed kids who are also forced by their parents to wear make-up and parade in bikinis for audiences at early ages.

Look what happened to this 6 year old beauty pageant JonBenet Ramsay who was raped by a paedophile and found murdered in her bed.

Forcing kids to act like strippers makes me feel sick. 0:30

1:20

I don't think introverted and shy children should be forced to feel nervous, traumatised, anxious, and uncomfortable and forced to go on-stage if they're not naturally extroverted types.

As a result, I started skipping drama lessons, and then I was hospitalised as a teenager due to my social phobia. I had to finish my secondary education in a hospital in the Hampshire countryside. The classes in the small hospital school were therapeutic and we only had 3 teenage hospital patients per class, so it felt much less intimidating than a regular school.

I still feel panicky and nervous if I have to introduce my name in classes or therapy group discussions.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 03-23-2019 at 07:38 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Each week I see politicians (both male and female) loudly speaking and yelling infront of hundreds of other MP's in parliament and with TV cameras on them for the nation to watch.

I don't know how they manage to speak infront of the nation without looking nervous. You have to be very self-confident to be able to give public speeches in front of lots of people.

❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Today @ 02:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    🦄
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,090
    Given: 4,005

1 Not allowed!

I often give presentations for school and I'm fine at it. I don't care as long as I know the topics I want to talk about.

Ancient member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Ancestry
    Father: Hungarian Mother: German + minor English
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N1a
    mtDNA
    H1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,530
    Given: 24,991

1 Not allowed!

I would be nervous, but I have given presentations before. Not my favorite thing to do, had to push myself a little bit.

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

I have been told I look nervous but I force myself to get it right. The funny thing is, though, that I'm always completely exhausted once a presentation is done.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

I have done it and it has come natural to me. I don't feel nervous because of others watching me.
    However, you need to know what you are talking obviously. I wouldn't feel ok talking about anything related to chemistry as I'm not good at this, for instance.
    After not shaving for a while:

Thread Information