Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

It's true that Italians committed many atrocities against Croats, Slovenes and other South Slavs (See Rab Concentration camp) but Croats are well known negationists. I'm ashamed to see all those dislikes on that video. There is no respect for innocent people who have died.

Last Online
    12-12-2023 @ 10:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Hero
    Petar Berislavić
    Religion
    Culturally catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    It's true that Italians committed many atrocities against Croats, Slovenes and other South Slavs (See Rab Concentration camp) but Croats are well known negationists. I'm ashamed to see all those dislikes on that video. There is no respect for innocent people who have died.
    Well, you arrived to my island, stole the cattle from my ancestors, burned my grandma's house and killed my neighbors. What did you expect from our partisans? To treat you like nothing happened and bring you flowers? Don't be silly. My grandpa did not come to Ancona, your grandpa came here where less than 10% of Italians lived. Crimes did happen, but also American, English and other Allied forces committed atrocities against Germans and other Axis. Soviets were also notable for the same thing and it's called retaliations. I'm sorry for all the innocent victims but that's war. Noone denies the crimes of partisans here, but they were on the right side of history.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 06:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,396
    Given: 6,059

0 Not allowed!

I respect your victims man. Probably it's coastal Croats who still hold some kind of beef with Italians (esuli) and Italians towards them, but I would say it's small minority.
    We're both Catholics, we shouldn't spill each other blood.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmatinac View Post
    Well, you arrived to my island, stole the cattle from my ancestors, burned my grandma's house and killed my neighbors. What did you expect from our partisans? To treat you like nothing happened and bring you flowers? Don't be silly. My grandpa did not come to Ancona, your grandpa came here where less than 10% of Italians lived. Crimes did happen, but also American, English and other Allied forces committed atrocities against Germans and other Axis. Soviets were also notable for the same thing and it's called retaliations. I'm sorry for all the innocent victims but that's war. Noone denies the crimes of partisans here, but they were on the right side of history.
    I don't know what you mean for "stole", Italians who lived there were there since the Venetian Republic era at least and well integrated, they didn't come only during Fascists era. Yes that's war but retaliation against innocent families who did nothing remains a crime of war especially in the way Tito's communists did.

And don't think your partisans or England or USA were on the GOOD side so their actions were justified. It doesn't work that way.

Last Online
    12-12-2023 @ 10:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Hero
    Petar Berislavić
    Religion
    Culturally catholic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 75

0 Not allowed!

I don't know what you mean for "stole", Italians who lived there were there since the Venetian Republic era at least and well integrated, they didn't come only during Fascists era. Yes that's war but retaliation against innocent families who did nothing remains a crime of war especially in the way Tito's communists did.

And don't think your partisans or England or USA were on the GOOD side so their actions were justified. It doesn't work that way.
    Croats also lived there since 7th century and were a 75% majority so the will of a majority was not respected. Italians in Dalmatia were destined to live side by side with their slavic neighbors. Instead, you brought fascism here, began with atrocities against "dirty Slavs" and subsequently faced the consequences. It's all about chronology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information