PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Average monthly rental cost for apartments in various European cities - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Average monthly rental cost for apartments in various European cities

Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    National conservatism and Romantic nationalism - "North Sea Area" Cooperation
    Hero
    Nebukadnezar II, Emperor Titus and De Torquemada
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18,732/2,420
    Given: 33,373/4,542

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I don't think that the local climates in those places are good though;- I much prefer milder climates. I guess good weather is a matter of preference. I love sensual rain, and I hate the sun as I burn easily in the sun without wearing loads of high sunblock lotions, sunhats, sun parasols, etc. It's a pity it doesn't rain more in southern England. It's too warm and sunny in the south of England... we're having temperatures of 12c at the moment and it's supposed to be winter... and last summer here was awful and hellish with so much burning sun, so I wouldn't like the weather in southern European nations. I want to visit the Highlands of Scotland, Ireland, and Russia, (my mother loved her trips to Norway and Russia.)
    But most people would find those climates to be more agreeable though. For you: ach.. Norway or Sweden might do just nicely.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch Belgian
    Ancestry
    Antwerpen; North Brabant
    Country
    New Zealand
    Region
    Zeeland
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Politics
    Liberalism
    Religion
    Irreligious
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15,367/271
    Given: 11,210/29

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    I would not pay not even 1 euro for living in London, Paris, Brussels...
    In fact I would not live in these cities not even if people pay to me
    But you would for Antwerp, reminiscing your ancestors back in 1585. You probably wouldn't mind living in cities like Middelburg or Vlissingen, as a statement Spain hasn't given up the struggle for recapturing it.

The free spirit of wolves ♫ ღ ♪ ♬
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Little Venice, Maida Vale, City of Westminster, Central London, GB, UK.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mostly West Country English ancestry, with a small amount of Welsh and Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    31st October 2019 = UK Independence date. Another trick date? Another treaty deal? Trick or treaty?!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20,069/256
    Given: 23,147/377

Quote Originally Posted by El_Abominacion View Post
    Miss i'm not having a go at all British people. I'm British born. I'm talking about chavs. Of course there are many parts of the world with more cocaine users.
    I think cocaine isn't solely used by chavs... it's a drug that doesn't have any class barriers really as it's also used by a lot by wealthy people too, including supermodels, rock stars, celebrities, and it's been discovered that there's even some barristers with a cocaine addiction problem, as well as millionaire business executives.

I understand your point though - that it's usually coke-addicted/or alcoholic chavs and chavettes who visit places like the Costa del Sol, Ibiza, etc.

The free spirit of wolves ♫ ღ ♪ ♬
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Little Venice, Maida Vale, City of Westminster, Central London, GB, UK.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mostly West Country English ancestry, with a small amount of Welsh and Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    31st October 2019 = UK Independence date. Another trick date? Another treaty deal? Trick or treaty?!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20,069/256
    Given: 23,147/377

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    But most people would find those climates to be more agreeable though. For you: ach.. Norway or Sweden might do just nicely.
    I'd love to visit Norway and Finland and Iceland. I had a dream once about Finland several years ago that I always remember as it was magical. I dreamt I was in a small spaceship hotel... and we landed in Finland... and I was so excited as I walked outside in the snow. The sky was a mysterious purple... and I saw 3 moons in the sky... and I was searching on a trail for Vikings... it was very intriguing. When I woke-up, I wanted to visit Finland.

I'd like to see inside the mysterious Ancient Pyramids of Egypt and take a boat trip along the River Nile... during a season when it's not too hot there... but sadly there's been too many attacks on tourists there, so I wouldn't like to visit Egypt. I've seen plenty of Egyptian treasures inside the British Museum (which is free entry to the public,) and I've touched Cleopatra's Needle by the River Thames in London, which was purchased from Egypt.

The world's largest collection of ancient Egyptian treasures outside of Egypt can be seen in the British Museum in London. The purpose of the museum is to preserve these treasures and to research and educate the world about ancient civilisations. The Ancient Egyptians even mummified insects and I saw some mummified insects inside the Egyptian Rooms inside the British Museum. (There's over 13 million ancient treasures from around the world inside the British Museum.)

There's over 4.5 million treasures and objets d'art inside the extremely beautiful and exquisite Victoria & Albert Museum in London (which holds the largest collection of ancient Roman and Renaissance and Medieval treasures in the world outside of Italy.) I visited the V&A last year with my mother and it was so beautiful inside that free musuem. We also visited the amazing and beautiful Natural History Museum close to the V&A.

There's over 14 million books, (including ancient books, stamps, ancient maps, drawings by da Vinci, etc,) inside the British Library in London. I've been there (it's free entry to the public.)

It's called 'The British Museum' due to the museum's location. (One of my friend's works part-time inside the British Museum. She's a very pretty, slender, articlate, and smartly-dressed biracial female who is also an art student. She often says that she feels like she works in a palace.)

There's an ancient preserved body on display here - of a dead man from Cheshire, England, that I've seen inside the British Museum. He's called 'Lindow Bog Man.' (I think they found a similar ancient man in Denmark whose body was preserved in a peat bog, which is on display in a Danish Museum.... and there's an Irish bog man too on display in an Irish Museum.)

There's a notice sign next to Cleopatra's Needle in London informing tourists and visitors that shrapnel from German bomber planes caused the damage to the base of Cleopatra's Needle.

Hundreds of scientists visit London's Natural History Museum each day to study on millions of specimens and fossils inside the free-entry museum. There's lots of educational guides and dinosaurs and microscopic creatures inside this museum.

The V&A in London is known as 'the world's most fashionable museum.'

The 250 year old UNESCO World Heritage Kew Botanic Gardens, London, is maintained by over 600 botanists. There's walking tree-top bridges there which provide a tree-top view of Kew Gardens, a rainforest, (there's 3 rainforests in London;- one inside Kew Gardens, one inside the London Aquarium, and a living rainforest inside the world-famous London Zoo.) Kew Gardens holds the world's largest library of plant and flower books and drawings, and also holds the world's largst collection of living plants from around the globe, and also Kew Gardens contains lots of beautiful and grade-listed architecture with ornate spiral staircases, hand-blown glass in the conservatories, etc. Chelsea Physic Gardens in London is a must-see too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-dz...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 02-13-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    National conservatism and Romantic nationalism - "North Sea Area" Cooperation
    Hero
    Nebukadnezar II, Emperor Titus and De Torquemada
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18,732/2,420
    Given: 33,373/4,542

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I'd love to visit Norway and Finland and Iceland. I had a dream once about Finland several years ago that I always remember as it was magical. I dreamt I was in a small spaceship hotel... and we landed in Finland... and I was so excited as I walked outside in the snow. The sky was a mysterious purple... and I saw 3 moons in the sky... and I was searching on a trail for Vikings... it was very intriguing. When I woke-up, I wanted to visit Finland.

I'd like to see inside the mysterious Ancient Pyramids of Egypt and take a boat trip along the River Nile... during a season when it's not too hot there... but sadly there's been too many attacks on tourists there, so I wouldn't like to visit Egypt. I've seen plenty of Egyptian treasures inside the British Museum (which is free entry to the public,) and I've touched Cleopatra's Needle by the River Thames in London, which was purchased from Egypt.
    I visited Norway over 10 years ago. I was sold right away (it's just that my wallet hates it...) as for Egypt ? Best avoid it like the plague. The place is very unstable.

Last Online
    04-28-2019 @ 04:32 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bogfolk
    Ancestry
    North Sea/NW Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 812/8
    Given: 358/1

I pay $575/month for a 1400 square foot house on over 2 acres. I have a large pond and half the property is trees. If I want to see my neighbors I need binoculars. It might sound great but it probably gets too hot in the summer for most people to tolerate. I am used to it, but it's still difficult.

I won't pay more than 25% of my monthly income on housing.
    https://i.imgur.com/Wpjac1i.png

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Bogfolk
    Ancestry
    North Sea/NW Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    I would not pay not even 1 euro for living in London, Paris, Brussels...
    In fact I would not live in these cities not even if people pay to me
    I would, but I wouldn't pay to live there. Hence, I will never live there.

Well, I don't think I'll ever make enough money to keep my rent/mortgage under 25% of my income in London. I certainly wouldn't be paying 50% or more of my income for some tiny shack in an overcrowded seedy part of town.

Then again, I am a rural person. I've done the whole major city thing, probably never again.

Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Ethnicity
    Latin America
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 491/7
    Given: 33/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
    I pay $575/month for a 1400 square foot house on over 2 acres. I have a large pond and half the property is trees. If I want to see my neighbors I need binoculars. It might sound great but it probably gets too hot in the summer for most people to tolerate. I am used to it, but it's still difficult.

I won't pay more than 25% of my monthly income on housing.
    Do you live in a rural area. You use the car regularly and travel great distances?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Bogfolk
    Ancestry
    North Sea/NW Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up/Down

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    Do you live in a rural area. You use the car regularly and travel great distances?
    I live in a rural area, own four vehicles plus two motorcycles. I travel 3 miles by highway to one of my jobs and about 12 miles to the other. If I want to shop for groceries or anything else (like a DVD, prescription medication, or other supplies) it's about a 12 mile drive. For most other things it's about a 40 mile drive t the nearest decent sized city (has about 100,000 people)

Last Online
    08-13-2019 @ 07:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sexy...too much sexy
    Country
    Spain
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,652/36
    Given: 704/4

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    I'd say that, despite of the good local climate, well-mannered Dutch, Swedes, Germans and Brits might do well to avoid the Balaeric and Canary Islands or the Costa Brava. Those places have been destroyed by mass tourism and they would do well to look for different areas: try parts of Central Italy, Croatia, Greece, Portugal. Or the Aquitaine region of France.
    In summer this is the mediterranean coast in Spain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information