Banned
    Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 06:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Shqiptar, Ilyrian, Italian?
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Agnostic/Atheist, animal interest/endearment
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    IDK why you are acting like I'm the source of this study, I just report what I find. I'm not cherry picking anything I can give you the link, I've tried to find more original authors to get more data I've searched for Weninger for Albanians and Rolleder for Serbs, but no luck, it's not available of Jstor, nor on archive.org. The only place where it's available is hathitrust and they have it copyrighted (year a 100 old study copyrighted go figure.) If you have any studies that contradict this by all means post them here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the table I've posted. Serbs are north of Albanians so it's logically they would be lighter in eye color. Eye color correlates with latitude even more than hair color - almost perfectly. Montenegrins are also darker in eye color than Serbs (contrary to what Coon wrote) logically given where they live.
    Eye/hair colour is only decided by genetics not birth place on the globe. The point is real serbs have/had black hair, dark eye colour, these are serbs that came to the balkans from asia. Since then they have mixed a lot with germans and others to have other appearances.

Did you know that there are a lot more dark skinned people in uk, france, usa than balkan countries? Shouldn't they have blue eyes and blonde hair even though their parents are african? Oh wait

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    forebears.io surname, fathers side most prevalent in italy, mothers side most prevalent in albania
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Gjergj Kastrioti, Karl Topia, Luigj Gurakuqi, Gjergj Fishta, Enver Hoxha, Mussolini/Hitler
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    The main enemies of the nazis, after the Jews, were Poles, Russians and Ukrainians. All of them were supposed to be subjugated, exploited and utterly thinned out in order to make way for German colonists. As we all know, none of those ethncities were any darker than the average German from the Reich. In fact, it was the Italians that were considered dark (Mediterranean) by Hitler, yet he accepted them as allies, as he did with the Bulgarians and Romanians.
    You didn't give this much thought, did you?
    I did give it thought, I've already said that the nazis saw italians as mediterrian aryans due to the romans and prior. They did not like the serbs at all and saw them as inferior race, they did their thorough research as always and came to that conclusion. How do you think they figured out jews and serbs in and around germany? A lot of it had to do with appearance and guys like mitrovic, milivojevic etc would have been easy pickings for the nazis because they stand out in germany

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,861
    Given: 8,987

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KastriotiBlood View Post
    I did give it thought, I've already said that the nazis saw italians as mediterrian aryans due to the romans and prior. They did not like the serbs at all and saw them as inferior race, they did their thorough research as always and came to that conclusion. How do you think they figured out jews and serbs in and around germany? A lot of it had to do with appearance and guys like mitrovic, milivojevic etc would have been easy pickings for the nazis because they stand out in germany
    Sure, Serbs were the primary target of the nazi war machine (after the Jews), that's why we were excluded from the orginal war plans for 1941. and a pact was singed with the Yugoslav government on March 25th The only war of annihilation (Vernichtungskrieg) the Wehrmacht led was against the Soviet Union. I suppose the East Slavs must have been a very dark-looking bunch indeed to deserve such a fate.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    Sure, Serbs were the primary target of the nazi war machine (after the Jews), that's why we were excluded from the orginal war plans for 1941. and a pact was singed with the Yugoslav government on March 25th The only war of annihilation (Vernichtungskrieg) the Wehrmacht led was against the Soviet Union. I suppose the East Slavs must have been a very dark-looking bunch indeed to deserve such a fate.
    Russia is a powerhouse and thus a threat to the nazis, they had to try to eliminate them. I don't think race played much of a role in this scenario.

I disagree with the nazis of course saying that serbs and jews are inferior because even if they were, killing innocent people is not the way to go about it but they felt it was the quickest and cheapest way (again a horrible way to value another living thing) so they could use their remaining resources on the battlefield

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 06:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albo
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283-PH1751
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 488
    Given: 315

0 Not allowed!

IDK why you are acting like I'm the source of this study, I just report what I find. I'm not cherry picking anything I can give you the link, I've tried to find more original authors to get more data I've searched for Weninger for Albanians and Rolleder for Serbs, but no luck, it's not available of Jstor, nor on archive.org. The only place where it's available is hathitrust and they have it copyrighted (year a 100 old study copyrighted go figure.) If you have any studies that contradict this by all means post them here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the table I've posted. Serbs are north of Albanians so it's logically they would be lighter in eye color. Eye color correlates with latitude even more than hair color - almost perfectly. Montenegrins are also darker in eye color than Serbs (contrary to what Coon wrote) logically given where they live.
    Weninger only used 95 Albanian samples, Coon used over 1000.

Rollander used more Serb samples than Montenigrin.

Coons work is a collection of various anthropological studies from various different anthropologists that studied all those nations and people, he lists the sources in his book , its a recreation of Ripleys book, including those various anthopologists you have listed. It includes samples within the thousands for each ethnicity.

They both list Albanians as lighter than Serbs and many South Slavs , not that I really care about pigmentation.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,195
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by North Sea View Post
    Weninger only used 95 Albanian samples, Coon used over 1000.

Rollander used more Serb samples than Montenigrin.

Coons work is a collection of various anthropological studies from various different anthropologists that studied all those nations and people, he lists the sources in his book , its a recreation of Ripleys book, including those various anthopologists you have listed. It includes samples within the thousands for each ethnicity.

They both list Albanians as lighter than Serbs and many South Slavs , not that I really care about pigmentation.
    Coon's work is mostly solid but made a few mistakes which are understandable for his time. For example he wrote that Montenegro have equally light eyed as Slovenians which is obviously false. His map does put Ghegs in category that has less pure darks than Serbs, but that does not make them have more blonds and blue eyes. Even if we focus only on pure dark vs mixed, it's strange for a few reasons. First 90 percent of Albanians in the very study he cites have dark hair and second, the eye color categories have "gray-brown" listed TWICE suggesting it's probably an error.

If there is no error that would mean only 35,8% of Ghegs have brown eyes (that is less than Hungary and even Slovenia) That would be very strange for a country so far south.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 06:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Albo
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283-PH1751
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 488
    Given: 315

0 Not allowed!

Coon's work is mostly solid but made a few mistakes which are understandable for his time. For example he wrote that Montenegro have equally light eyed as Slovenians which is obviously false. His map does put Ghegs in category that has less pure darks than Serbs, but that does not make them have more blonds and blue eyes. Even if we focus only on pure dark vs mixed, it's strange for a few reasons. First 90 percent of Albanians in the very study he cites have dark hair and second, the eye color categories have "gray-brown" listed TWICE suggesting it's probably an error.
    Most of the black hair he lists he claimed was only for people in their 40s . Black hair peaked then , other than that , black hair was a minority. People were mostly dark brown hair and brown haired, a lot of the grey brown eyes were pred. Grey actually , I asume the 2nd set which is less was pred brown eyed.

But Ghegs did have also purer brown eyes than pure light. And yes majority were dark haired but light brown is kinda of a blondish hair color, add that with other blonde and red and you get over 100 samples of people with light, not majority but it aint that rare either.

Many Ghegs had light beards , light skin was majority with a minority of olive skinned people. This is why Albanians can appear as diverse depending on what types you meet and see.

I dont think we are darker than South Slavs. I think we are similar to Bosniaks in pigmentation and were described as such by Coon. Many South Slavs are whitewashed.

Regarding Montenigrins and Serbs, samples were used well into the 1000s , including from Serbian researchers.

There was one anthropologists alone that used 800 Montenigrin samples to measure height.

According to ripley, mountaineers were on average paler due to poverty. Although I dont know if thats accurate but indeed mountaineers ate only once a day. Both Montenigrins and Ghegs happen to be mountaineers.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by North Sea View Post
    Most of the black hair he lists he claimed was only for people in their 40s . Black hair peaked then , other than that , black hair was a minority. People were mostly dark brown hair and brown haired, a lot of the grey brown eyes were pred. Grey actually , I asume the 2nd set which is less was pred brown eyed.

But Ghegs did have also purer brown eyes than pure light. And yes majority were dark haired but light brown is kinda of a blondish hair color, add that with other blonde and red and you get over 100 samples of people with light, not majority but it aint that rare either.

Many Ghegs had light beards , light skin was majority with a minority of olive skinned people. This is why Albanians can appear as diverse depending on what types you meet and see.

I dont think we are darker than South Slavs. I think we are similar to Bosniaks in pigmentation and were described as such by Coon. Many South Slavs are whitewashed.

Regarding Montenigrins and Serbs, samples were used well into the 1000s , including from Serbian researchers.

There was one anthropologists alone that used 800 Montenigrin samples to measure height.

According to ripley, mountaineers were on average paler due to poverty. Although I dont know if thats accurate but indeed mountaineers ate only once a day. Both Montenigrins and Ghegs happen to be mountaineers.
    (If there is no error) It's much more likely it's the opposite. The fist category is probably hazel eyes and the second mostly light ones. That would give them about 14% light eyes which is very similar to the numbers in the Wenniger study. About equal to Macedonians which makes sense.

I don't think Albanians have equal or similar numbers of pure light features to that of Bosniaks. Maybe pure brown vs mixed, but not blond hair and blue/gray eyes. Bosniaks are basically on the Croatian level of pigmentation. Almost 40% light eyed with 20% blue. Much higher than Albanians. Blond hair color is more difficult to compare without scales but around a third of them have light (blond or light brown) hair. Still much more than Albanians in this Coon study. Albanians are comparable to South Slavs like Macedonians or Bulgarians but darker than Bosniaks or Croats.

Montenegrins have darker eyes than Serbs both according to Dyachenko/Vlašik as well as Rolleder. Only about 9% have pure blue eyes compared to around 17% of Serbs.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

(If there is no error) It's much more likely it's the opposite. The fist category is probably hazel eyes and the second mostly light ones. That would give them about 14% light eyes which is very similar to the numbers in the Wenniger study. About equal to Macedonians which makes sense.

I don't think Albanians have equal or similar numbers of pure light features to that of Bosniaks. Maybe pure brown vs mixed, but not blond hair and blue/gray eyes. Bosniaks are basically on the Croatian level of pigmentation. Almost 40% light eyed with 20% blue. Much higher than Albanians. Blond hair color is more difficult to compare without scales but around a third of them have light (blond or light brown) hair. Still much more than Albanians in this Coon study. Albanians are comparable to South Slavs like Macedonians or Bulgarians but darker than Bosniaks or Croats.

Montenegrins have darker eyes than Serbs both according to Dyachenko/Vlašik as well as Rolleder. Only about 9% have pure blue eyes compared to around 17% of Serbs.
    Brown hair is not common amongst albanians, they either have black hair (maybe you can call it dark brown at times) with sharp facial features, the rest are dirty blonde and a few proper blonde

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KastriotiBlood View Post
    Brown hair is not common amongst albanians, they either have black hair (maybe you can call it dark brown at times) with sharp facial features, the rest are dirty blonde and a few proper blonde
    That's what the study says

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information