Thread: What does Nazi Ideology teach about Armenians?

Last Online
    05-22-2023 @ 01:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Secular Liberal, Progressive Leftist
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 756

0 Not allowed!

Default What does Nazi Ideology teach about Armenians?

God forbid the Nazis had won WWII and reached as far as Armenia in their invasion of the Soviet Union;
    Do you think Nazis would have persecuted Armenians or would they regard them as Caucasian Aryan people?
    What did Hitler think of Armenians? What did the Nazis think of Armenia and Armenians?
    Did they regard us as subhuman as they regarded Jews? I am curious.
    I have studied the Genocides of Greeks, Armenians, and Jews.
    Does Naziism teach that Armenians are some kind of subhuman ethnicity (as they did for the Jews)?
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 02-17-2019 at 09:12 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,463
    Given: 12,450

3 Not allowed!

You look like you could be victim of the nazis. No offense.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Robert Spencer, Bernie Sanders, Atheism-is-Unstoppable
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"I don't know about these Georgians. They do not belong to the Turkic peoples...I consider only the moslims [sic] to be reliable...All others I deem unreliable. For the time being I consider the formation of these battalions of purely Caucasian peoples very risky, while I don't see any danger in the establishment of purely Moslim units...In spite of all declarations from Rosenberg and the military, I don't trust the Armenians either."
    Adolf Hitler.

The man didn’t trust Armenians, and saw us as non Aryans, as did many in the Nazi Party. Despite this, thanks to Racial Theorists like Rosenberg, we were officially accepted as Aryans because we are Indo-Europeans. So we were tolerated, and Armenian POWs were allowed to fight to free their nation from the USSR, just like the Georgian, Azeri, and Turkish ones
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 02-17-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Our strength consists in our speed and in our brutality. Genghis Khan led millions of women and children to slaughter – with premeditation and a happy heart. History sees in him solely the founder of a state. It’s a matter of indifference to me what a weak western European civilization will say about me. I have issued the command – and I’ll have anybody who utters but one word of criticism executed by a firing squad – that our war aim does not consist in reaching certain lines, but in the physical destruction of the enemy. Accordingly, I have placed my death-head formation in readiness – for the present only in the East – with orders to them to send to death mercilessly and without compassion, men, women, and children of Polish derivation and language. Only thus shall we gain the living space (Lebensraum) which we need. Who, after all, speaks today of the annihilation of the Armenians?
    Speech said by Adolf Hitler to his Wehrmacht commanders at his Obersalzberg home on 22 August 1939, a week before the German invasion of Poland
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 02-17-2019 at 01:55 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

In spite of Nazi Germany acknowledging the Armenians as an Aryan people, Adolf Hitler personally did not trust them,

Source: Auron, Yair (2003). The Banality of Denial: Israel and the Armenian Genocide. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction Publishers. p. 262. ISBN 0-7658-0834-X.

and as a result the 812th Armenian Battalion was mainly stationed in the Netherlands.

Speaking about military units from Soviet peoples, Hitler said:

"I don't know about these Georgians. They do not belong to the Turkic peoples...I consider only the moslims [sic] to be reliable...All others I deem unreliable. For the time being I consider the formation of these battalions of purely Caucasian peoples very risky, while I don't see any danger in the establishment of purely Moslim units...In spite of all declarations from Rosenberg and the military, I don't trust the Armenians either."

Minister of the Occupied Territories and Racial Theorist Alfred Rosenberg declared that the Armenians were Indo-European, or Aryans, and thus they were immediately subject to conscription.

According to Versteeg, however,

"Although Armenians officially were considered 'Aryans', the notion of them being 'Levantine traders', similar to the Jews, was deep-seated in Nazi circles, and racial 'purists' along with Hitler himself were prone to look upon the Armenians as 'non-Aryans.'"

Source: Dallin, Alexander (1957). German Rule in Russia: 1941-1945: A Study of Occupation Policies. New York: St Martin's Press. pp. 229, 251.
    Last edited by Petros Agapetos; 02-17-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

2 Not allowed!

Armenians are more closer to the true Aryans(Indo-Iranians) than Germans and other Europeans, rofl. The irony is stunning. Nothing wrong in being Armenian, and me and my family members look hilariously Armenians.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,854

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Agapetos View Post
    God forbid the Nazis had won WWII and reached as far as Armenia in their invasion of the Soviet Union;
    Do you think Nazis would have persecuted Armenians for their race as they did do the Jews?
    What did Hitler think of Armenians?

I have studied the Genocides of Greeks, Armenians, and Jews.
    Does Naziism teach that Armenians are some kind of subhuman ethnicity (as they did for the Jews)?
    Jewish propaganda at its finest and you took it hook, line and sinker.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 08:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,449
    Given: 2,385

1 Not allowed!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenische_Legion
    The 812th Armenian Battalion (German: Armenische Legion; Armenian: Հայկական լեգիոն Haykakan legion), also known as the Armenian Legion, was a military unit in the German Army during World War II. It primarily consisted of Soviet Armenians, who had been taken prisoner by the Nazis, and commanded by General Drastamat Kanayan.

"There was an Armenian legion in the Nazi Army (Armenische Legion) that was mostly comprised of POWs from the Soviet Army (there were equivalent legions of Azerbaijanis, Turks, and Georgians in the Nazi Army as well). The few Armenians that did volunteer to fight for the Armenische Legion (namely General Drastamat Dro Khanayan) didn’t do so because they agreed with the Nazis ideologically, but because the Nazis were fighting the Soviets and people like Khanayan hoped that, upon winning the war, the Nazis would grant Armenia freedom from the USSR and perhaps even liberate Turkish-held Armenian lands. Many of the Armenian Legionnaires deserted or defected, and there were also stories about them protecting, hiding, and aiding Jews. These are probably big reasons why Hitler was frustrated with Armenians."
    quote from https://www.quora.com/What-did-the-N...-the-Armenians

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Caucasian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Alberta
    Taxonomy
    East Alpine - East Med
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Are there any users knowledgeable in Nazi ideology and dogmas enough to answer this question:

"What does Naziism suggest about the racial or ethnic make up of the Armenian people". How would he classify Armenians?"

I know that Hitler himself was a racial purist and did not accept Armenians as Aryan people, even though his contemporary racial theorist classified Armenians as Aryans.

Thread Information