Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Gypsy get their own country ?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,554
    Given: 29,000

3 Not allowed!

With all due respect to Gypsies why should they get a homeland in Europe when they aren't native to Europe? What European country or people would give up their turf to Gypsies? Anyway an unrealistic proposition and never going to happen. If India recognises a right to return then well and good but India isn't exactly generous in her citizenship laws so that's not likely to occur either.

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    With all due respect to Gypsies why should they get a homeland in Europe when they aren't native to Europe? What European country or people would give up their turf to Gypsies? Anyway an unrealistic proposition and never going to happen. If India recognises a right to return then well and good but India isn't exactly generous in her citizenship laws so that's not likely to occur either.
    yeah i dont agree that gypsies should get a homeland in europe. besides them not being native to europe, its already a very dense region population wise. its also not practical in modern era tbh to just give out land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 01:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,039
    Given: 996

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    europe is already pretty small, besides russia, so i dont think they'd just 'give out' land for a group that they hate the most. idk why they need to emigrate out of europe though. no one tells tatars for example to go back to central asia/mongolia, so why should gypsies leave? they are born there, they are part of the balkan society. just cause they didn't 'integrate' as well and are not accepted by europeans, doesnt mean they have to leave.

but if gypsies want to emigrate it should be up to them. they could migrate to india as refugees/workers or something. there are few states in india that are as developed as some countries in the balkan region so they could settle in those. as mentioned earlier by rajputprincess, there are tibetans, anglo indians, parsis as well. parsis have integrated very well actually so i cant imagine roma people struggling to integrate overtime. they also have linguistic and genetic connections. many customs might be similar as well, especially with northwest indians.
    I believe the main idea is about creating their own state, what doesn't mean necessary they will have to return, as example just look to Israel, even after its creation in 1948 there are still million of Jews who live in Europe or America yet.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 03:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    The only depopulated areas in Europe are in the far north, beyond the Polar Circle.

More realistic would be to bring gypsies back to India and Pakistan. Now seriously, European gypsies would raise the wealth per capita in those countries.
    In general category of competetion in Jobs and education Gypsies would no way be able to compete since the competition is very high even for American whites to compete. Gypsies to assimilate in India in general category is dream. But India could fund Gypsies moving to say some place in Siberia or Balkans left depopulated in recent era
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger0075 View Post
    I believe the main idea is about creating their own state, what doesn't mean necessary they will have to return, as example just look to Israel, even after its creation in 1948 there are still million of Jews who live in Europe or America yet.
    yeah but 1948 was still a while ago. even if they have to form a state for gypsies it wont be in europe thats for sure. india does make the most sense but we already have enough territorial conflicts as it is so a state for them wont happen in south asia. realistically speaking, gypsies should just integrate in europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

1 Not allowed!

europe is already pretty small, besides russia, so i dont think they'd just 'give out' land for a group that they hate the most. idk why they need to emigrate out of europe though. no one tells tatars for example to go back to central asia/mongolia, so why should gypsies leave? they are born there, they are part of the balkan society. just cause they didn't 'integrate' as well and are not accepted by europeans, doesnt mean they have to leave.
    But you see, Tatars have integrated perfectly - Christian Tatars are indistinguishable from a social standpoint from regular Eastern Europeans. This is not a question of race, in fact many Gypsies are mixed with Tatars. It is a question of culture. Gypsies have resisted integration and still resist it to this day.

Those unhappy in Europe should be supported financially to leave if they so desire. This is not racist. Not everyone born in Europe has to remain in Europe.
    Last edited by ixulescu; 05-17-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 01:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baldic
    Ethnicity
    Bald
    Ancestry
    Bald individuals
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Baldid
    Politics
    Pro-Baldness, Hair Loss
    Hero
    Charles the Bald
    Religion
    Ironically Calvinist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,039
    Given: 996

1 Not allowed!

yeah but 1948 was still a while ago. even if they have to form a state for gypsies it wont be in europe thats for sure. india does make the most sense but we already have enough territorial conflicts as it is so a state for them wont happen in south asia. realistically speaking, gypsies should just integrate in europe.
    Yep, much likely Gypsys would be constantly threatened, mainly cause I believe most are Orthodox Christians while Indians are usually Hindus and I believe, not sure, NW Indians overlap a lot with Pakistanis, who are Muslims. They wouldn't be welcomed even tho I have perceived Indians on TA don't look down Romani users.

We can compare with Israel who are surrounded by Muslims and despite a while ago even today it is a turbulent region

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,901
    Given: 18,310

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    Aren't they genetically more European than they are Indian in most cases? How many Roma are have more 50% Indian ancestry? People say they should go back to India as if they are pure Indian stock.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 03:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Asian
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Ancestry
    Salkhit 625SNP, Otzi 803SNP, Mik15 798SNP, RISE493 1335SNP, I11456 1024SNP, I7718 980SNP, I9041 512S
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Texas
    Y-DNA
    H-M82 Z5890+Z34522+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a3*
    Taxonomy
    sub-brachycephalic+Atlanto-Mediterranean+Caucasus-Alpine
    Hero
    James Bond
    Religion
    Hindu
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,458
    Given: 1,641

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    Aren't they genetically more European than they are Indian in most cases? How many Roma are have more 50% Indian ancestry? People say they should go back to India as if they are pure Indian stock.
    yes the Gypsies are fully European in terms of outlook. They would not be able to survive in Indian middle class which is very cutthroat competition.
    Yfull [B]ID: YF83218 admix -> https://i.ibb.co/NjwQTz6/myherit1.png
    G25 Distance: 1.0778%
    86.2 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA2
    5.2 ITA_Sardinia_C_o:I15940 1.4 ITA_Daunian
    3.6 PAK_Saidu_Sharif_H
    3.6 VK2020_SWE_Gotland_VA:VK464

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    In general category of competetion in Jobs and education Gypsies would no way be able to compete since the competition is very high even for American whites to compete. Gypsies to assimilate in India in general category is dream. But India could fund Gypsies moving to say some place in Siberia or Balkans left depopulated in recent era
    Dude, only a sliver of the billion and a half people living in India is well educated and qualified. Gypsies would be very close to average educated in India, but wealthier.

The Balkans is nowhere close to being depopulated (it's population density is average) and Siberia is mostly impractical for human habitation.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information