Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this woman on my "Greek" vase a wife or some prostitute?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,805
    Given: 4,573

0 Not allowed!

Aphrodite fo sho

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,546
    Given: 842

0 Not allowed!

Most people in ancient Greece had dark hair and, as a result of this, the Greeks found blond hair immensely fascinating.

Greek prostitutes frequently dyed their hair blond using saffron dyes or colored powders.[88] Blond dye was highly expensive, took great effort to apply, and smelled repugnant,[88] but none of these factors inhibited Greek prostitutes from dying their hair.[88] As a result of this and the natural rarity of blond hair in the Mediterranean region, by the fourth century BC, blond hair was inextricably associated with prostitutes.[88] The comic playwright Menander (c. 342/41 – c. 290 BC) protests that "no chaste woman ought to make her hair yellow."[88] At another point, he deplores blond hair dye as dangerous: "What can we women do wise or brilliant, who sit with hair dyed yellow, outraging the character of gentlewomen, causing the overthrow of houses, the ruin of nuptials, and accusations on the part of children?"[88]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#Ancient_Greece

Blond, the color of prostitutes.

We always preferred blonde prostitutes with friends when we were going to brothels in Athens, and all friends were dark haired. What applied in ancient Greece also apllies in modern Greece. Germanic or Nordic and North Slav hair color, the color Greeks always wanted to intercourse with, fake or not.

Usually dark haired Greeks prefer Ukrainian, Polish, Bulgarian, Albanian blonde prostitutes, fake or not. As well as blond tourist in the Aegean islands.

Mediterranean brunettes for wives.

Blondes for prostitutes.
    Last edited by Hellenas; 04-06-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM
    https://hellenicrace.freeforums.net/

Post in the shoutbox.

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    Most people in ancient Greece had dark hair and, as a result of this, the Greeks found blond hair immensely fascinating.

Greek prostitutes frequently dyed their hair blond using saffron dyes or colored powders.[88] Blond dye was highly expensive, took great effort to apply, and smelled repugnant,[88] but none of these factors inhibited Greek prostitutes from dying their hair.[88] As a result of this and the natural rarity of blond hair in the Mediterranean region, by the fourth century BC, blond hair was inextricably associated with prostitutes.[88] The comic playwright Menander (c. 342/41 – c. 290 BC) protests that "no chaste woman ought to make her hair yellow."[88] At another point, he deplores blond hair dye as dangerous: "What can we women do wise or brilliant, who sit with hair dyed yellow, outraging the character of gentlewomen, causing the overthrow of houses, the ruin of nuptials, and accusations on the part of children?"[88]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blond#Ancient_Greece

Blond, the color of prostitutes.

We always preferred blonde prostitutes with friends when we were going to brothels in Athens, and all friends were dark haired. What applied in ancient Greece also apllies in modern Greece. Germanic or Nordic and North Slav hair color, the color Greeks always wanted to fuck, fake or not.

Usually dark haired Greeks prefer Ukrainian, Polish, Bulgarian, Albanian blonde prostitutes, fake or not. As well as blond tourist in the Aegean islands.

Mediterranean brunettes for wives.

Blondes for prostitutes.
    I think this is the case in most places. People "want" Eastern European or blonde women, they just look more attractive for many men for some reason. I don't see anything special in blonde women myself. Are those people in first 5 photos Romanian by the way?

Either way i was seriously thinking if that was some Greek or Roman soldier with random woman. They don't look like some traditional couple you know. I saw a lot of conflicted emotions on that and went on checking on Greek mythology in order to figure it out.

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,546
    Given: 842

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shlömö View Post
    I think this is the case in most places. People "want" Eastern European or blonde women, they just look more attractive for many men for some reason. I don't see anything special in blonde women myself. Are those people in first 5 photos Romanian by the way?

Either way i was seriously thinking if that was some Greek or Roman soldier with random woman. They don't look like some traditional couple you know. I saw a lot of conflicted emotions on that and went on checking on Greek mythology in order to figure it out.
    The two first women are Greek, the other Romanian and the other Russian. They are not even good looking, just searched in google for some blonde prostitutes, usually prostitutes don't use to show their faces but those were caught by the Police because they had HIV/AIDS and that's illegal. The girls in the video and in the 3 last photos are Northern tourists. Blonde girls and women are sexually attractive to dark haired and brown haired men, as brunettes are to blond and brown haired men.

The males in what you posted are not dressed in Roman clothes but in Greek, they are Greeks. Never heard ancient Greeks ever depicted Greek women with Roman soldiers.
    Last edited by Hellenas; 04-06-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM
    https://hellenicrace.freeforums.net/

Post in the shoutbox.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 04:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Na
    Ethnicity
    Sicily, Naples, Czech Moravia, Ashkenazi
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 78

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shlömö View Post

Edited

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

1 Not allowed!

It’s Aphrodite and Ares in the first. The second is Aphrodite, probably whispering tales of love to a shy or unresponsive woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 02:12 PM
    Ethnicity
    Eastern Europe
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Gibraltar
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    C4a
    Hero
    Jesus, James Clerk Maxwell, Plato, Isaac Newton, Nikola Tesla, Arvo Pärt, Gennady Golovkin
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 1,535

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OsricPearl View Post
    It’s Aphrodite and Ares in the first. The second is Aphrodite, probably whispering tales of love to a shy or unresponsive woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. They were competing for her love or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenas View Post
    The two first women are Greek, the other Romanian and the other Russian. They are not even good looking, just searched in google for some blonde prostitutes, usually prostitutes don't use to show their faces but those were caught by the Police because they had HIV/AIDS and that's illegal. The girls in the video and in the 3 last photos are Northern tourists. Blonde girls and women are sexually attractive to dark haired and brown haired men, as brunettes are to blond and brown haired men.

The males in what you posted are not dressed in Roman clothes but in Greek, they are Greeks. Never heard ancient Greeks ever depicted Greek women with Roman soldiers.
    Yes, my guess was Greek for the man as well. I put that vase away for a while, didn't want to have any pagan Gods or wild orgy reminding stuff in my living room. I'm putting it back again probably, because those pictures can still depict a real love between a man and a woman. They are Gods of course, not "men", but since they are depicted as human beings... Either way, this is different from having a Buddha or Shiva around, wouldn't touch them. But this vase is just beautiful and fruity and i think i will allow myself to put it back.

Opposites can be attractive indeed and bring magic. And not only sexually. People fall in love in specific vibes and personalities, so even different looking people can have a deeper connection if they have similar worldviews and like each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information