"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    Hindus worship rats?
    People are retarded. Many Westerners and Abrahamites point to Hindus' veneration of animals as proof of their barbarism, but thinking more deeply, it is a reflection of Hindu theology which does not make a strict demarcation between Creator and Creation. Everything is holy; permeated with the Divine. In Abrahamism, we see what this strict distinction between Creator and creation has wrought. Our disrespect for the Earth has led to the endangerment of Earth's ecosystems and the very survival of organized human life as we know it.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Banned
    Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 429

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OsricPearl View Post
    Only because you are used to weird, mannish women. The fact is that women naturally love babies. Women artists are generally known for drawing mothers and babies.
    Women loving babies is one thing. Women making an obsession about how babies look is another.

As for the rats...
    Oh ho ho! You don't know?
    https://youtu.be/2OOs1l8Fajc
    Hmm... That seems an interesting way to test your immune system...

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

0 Not allowed!

There is no reason to think of 'What ifs." We know that Christians have more babies, though. And ultimately, that's what matters.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Nazarene View Post
    What a hypocrite, why don't you tell your pagan friend to not call me a sandnigger and a desert boy.
    I didn't called you sandnigger, don't lie. I said desert religions were pure sandnigger barbarity.

I did called you ''desert boy'' because you follow a desert cult. You started with aggressive rethoric anyway.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 07:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,805
    Given: 4,573

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    You can't actually defeat this with a rational argument, so you resort to name calling. How mature.

Apologists claim that Christianity brought writing to Northern Europe (like you said it took Christians to record "pagan" myths), but Christianity is unnecessary for the civilizing of the barbarians. It was Romanitas that led to the civilizing of European peoples, not Christianity per se. If Rome had remained "pagan", who is to say the Germanic and insular Celtic tribes would not have been civilized still?
    They subjugated these people through horrible and immoral amounts of force, that being said I do think that it is equally horrible if Christians did the same. Also, I don't consider pagan Rome to be more civilized or more moral than Christianity, for entertainment they threw people into an arena to fight to the death. As for the writings, they Romans were less concerned about the paganistic rituals of Europe as they were their own religion and power in the region.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    LOL

I didn't called you sandnigger, don't lie. I said desert religions were pure sandnigger barbarity.

I did called you ''desert boy'' because you follow a desert cult. You started with aggressive rethoric anyway.
    Is this supposed to make what you said any less ok or less aggressive? People like you need to be responded to with scorn because you think you can step on Christians with no backlash.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

0 Not allowed!

They subjugated these people through horrible and immoral amounts of force, that being said I do think that it is equally horrible if Christians did the same. Also, I don't consider pagan Rome to be more civilized or more moral than Christianity, for entertainment they threw people into an arena to fight to the death. As for the writings, they Romans were less concerned about the paganistic rituals of Europe as they were their own religion and power in the region.
    Yes, but the logic of "pagan" religions, and I'm speaking about the syncretism of classical and Hellenistic antiquity, was such that if Greeks or Romans conquered another people they would merely blend their pantheons with those of the people they conquered, not completely destroy the cult-sites and cults of the vanquished. As a matter of fact, if they conquered foreign peoples, they were more likely to introduce foreign cults to their own culture. In a Romanized fashion, but they still allowed the cults of Isis, Cybele, etc. to persist.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, but the logic of "pagan" religions, and I'm speaking about the syncretism of classical and Hellenistic antiquity, was such that if Greeks or Romans conquered another people they would merely blend their pantheons with those of the people they conquered, not completely destroy the cult-sites and cults of the vanquished. As a matter of fact, if they conquered foreign peoples, they were more likely to introduce foreign cults to their own culture. In a Romanized fashion, but they still allowed the cults of Isis, Cybele, etc. to persist.
    Yes, I completely agree here, the involuntary wiping of history/culture/religion is not what I am for. If the claim is true that Christians destroyed pagan temples en masse then I do condemn it. But they (Rome) wouldn't let Christians continue to exist, because our allegiance was not to Rome but to God first. That's my main problem.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

1 Not allowed!

A lot of things you wrote are untrue. ''Paganism'' isn't an unified religion but a name invented by Christians after Teodosius to designate the Native European and Near Eastern religions in the countryside, that's why they were called ''paganus''.

In the book ''The Price of Monotheism'' anthropologist Jan Assmann argue that before Jewish monotheism there was a common semantic denominator in all religions of the Mediterranean basin and also in ''folk'' beliefs from Northern and Central Europe. That's why the ''interpretatio'' was possible to begin with.

And Catherine Nixey in the book I quoted some pages before argue that much of the so called ''persecution'' of Christians was an exaggeration of early Christians to consolidate their power. Romans rarely persecuted anyone due to religious reasons.

Is this supposed to make what you said any less ok or less aggressive? People like you need to be responded to with scorn because you think you can step on Christians with no backlash.
    You insulted me out of nowhere and I didn't had disrespected Christianity. I recognize its presence in European culture for thousands of years and any new paganism arising should integrate Christian popular mythology and folk beliefs (many of them are based on pagan motifs anyway).

Actually Christianity carry the seeds of its own destruction due to being a historiological religion, in which the sacred is immanentized and the historical events are imbued with transcendent meaning. It's what Mircea Eliade called ''Theophany of History'' and the birth of the secular materialistic world is largely to be blamed on Christianity.

There's no need of ''secularism'' in non-Abrahamic cultures because they don't have the exclusivistic and historicistic outlook Christianity or Islam have.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,460

0 Not allowed!

People are retarded. Many Westerners and Abrahamites point to Hindus' veneration of animals as proof of their barbarism, but thinking more deeply, it is a reflection of Hindu theology which does not make a strict demarcation between Creator and Creation. Everything is holy; permeated with the Divine. In Abrahamism, we see what this strict distinction between Creator and creation has wrought. Our disrespect for the Earth has led to the endangerment of Earth's ecosystems and the very survival of organized human life as we know it.
    In the video, the guy explicitly states they worship rats and considers rats as a form of the goddess (see 0:44).

Not that I think that's a bad thing anyways. It's not like they're hurting anyone by worshiping/venerating rats.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    ?
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    You insulted me out of nowhere and I didn't had disrespected Christianity. I recognize its presence in European culture for thousands of years and any new paganism arising should integrate Christian popular mythology and folk beliefs (many of them are based on pagan motifs anyway).
    This is better than calling me a desert boy and a follower of a "sandnigger" religion. I'm glad that you recognize Christianity in some way.

As for your earlier points, I am aware that pagans are not unified it's just an umbrella term. I agree that we do take a exclusivitic and historicistic view in regards to our faith.

You are clearly much more knowledgable than me in a lot of areas and I respect that. Thanks for the references, I'll try to read some of the copies myself.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information