Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 78

Thread: Ethnic Macedonians in Greece ask the Ecumenical Patriarch for Divine Liturgy in Macedonian language

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Crn Volk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Highlands of Pelagonia, Western Macedonia
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid
    Politics
    Apricianism
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    12,100
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,337/611
    Given: 4,386/331

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryLion View Post
    Ur retarded? Why they pick gay colors and name?!
    Because they’re leftist commies. That’s all we have there unfortunately. Waiting for VMRO to open a branch there


  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    06-29-2019 @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Constantinople
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Constantinople and Thessaloniki
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    J2
    Taxonomy
    DinaroMed
    Politics
    Monarchy
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    11,263
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5,724/214
    Given: 1,181/199

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryLion View Post
    Ur retarded? Why they pick gay colors and name?!
    Because they are sissies.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Vojnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Location
    Asia-Pacific
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic and Paleo-Balkanic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Lerinskiot Kraj
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b (I-M423)
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Politics
    Conservative Libertarian
    Religion
    Macedonian Orthodox Christian
    Gender
    Posts
    9,415
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,787/200
    Given: 4,213/83

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryLion View Post
    Weird name and colors lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryLion View Post
    Ur retarded? Why they pick gay colors and name?!
    What if i told you that the rainbow is the sign of Gods covenant? Originally it is a beautiful thing, symbolising hope. Way before the Gays hijacked the symbol.
    MyTrueAncestry modern populations:
    1. Macedonian (3.264)

    2. Romanian (4.819)
    3. Bulgarian (5.647)
    4. Bosnian (7.654)

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Crn Volk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Highlands of Pelagonia, Western Macedonia
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid
    Politics
    Apricianism
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    12,100
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,337/611
    Given: 4,386/331

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 10:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Posts
    641
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 426/23
    Given: 133/4

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    I find this 'Macedonian' language thing a very insincere standpoint on the part of our northern neighbors. I mean, why try to push it people down the throats that they speak a 'Macedonian' language. While every last person in North Macedonia knows they do not actually speak 'Macedonian'. I mean, do Cypriots try to convince people that they speak Greek? Do Kosovars try to convince people they speak Albanian? No, ofcourse not. It is a given. It is very insidious outright cultural appropriation to insist that from a people, the Greeks, who actually do speak a language which is related to Macedonian to call the language Macedonian. I think the Macedonian Slavs don't realize that this is some blatant extremism on their part. And when they are reminded with counter arguments that it is actually not really Macedonian, it instills some hatred and fury. They should however have some self-reflection. It is not the Greeks fault that the language is not Macedonian in reality. They are just speaking the truth as they very well know it. And they are right to feel robbed in this sense.

    As for this rainbow party. They are simply provocateur who refuse to see that Greece indeed did sign a treaty allowing its Northern neighbors to have a sense self-determination and dignity. They did this so that the relations of both countries will recover. For the benefit of both peoples. And then this party sends this letter to the Patriarchate in order to provoke. No wonder they don't get any votes. I guess most Slavophone Greeks have dignity.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Crn Volk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Highlands of Pelagonia, Western Macedonia
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid
    Politics
    Apricianism
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    12,100
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,337/611
    Given: 4,386/331

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    I find this 'Macedonian' language thing a very insincere standpoint on the part of our northern neighbors. I mean, why try to push it people down the throats that they speak a 'Macedonian' language. While every last person in North Macedonia knows they do not actually speak 'Macedonian'. I mean, do Cypriots try to convince people that they speak Greek? Do Kosovars try to convince people they speak Albanian? No, ofcourse not. It is a given. It is very insidious outright cultural appropriation to insist that from a people, the Greeks, who actually do speak a language which is related to Macedonian to call the language Macedonian. I think the Macedonian Slavs don't realize that this is some blatant extremism on their part. And when they are reminded with counter arguments that it is actually not really Macedonian, it instills some hatred and fury. They should however have some self-reflection. It is not the Greeks fault that the language is not Macedonian in reality. They are just speaking the truth as they very well know it. And they are right to feel robbed in this sense.

    As for this rainbow party. They are simply provocateur who refuse to see that Greece indeed did sign a treaty allowing its Northern neighbors to have a sense self-determination and dignity. They did this so that the relations of both countries will recover. For the benefit of both peoples. And then this party sends this letter to the Patriarchate in order to provoke. No wonder they don't get any votes. I guess most Slavophone Greeks have dignity.
    The Greek government has recognised the Macedonian language as a South Slavic language. It’s time for Greeks to get used to the Macedonian language ‘thing’

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 04:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    True Metal
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z2103
    mtDNA
    W6
    Politics
    Classical Liberal
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Gender
    Posts
    902
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 794/25
    Given: 804/72

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    North Macedonians saying that they are the descendants of ancient Macedonians (and I am not saying that they aren't, because they obviously have paleo-balkan admixture) are the only ethnicity in the world that hates the language and culture of their so-called 'ancient' counterparts.

    Do modern Italians hate the ancient Romans? No.

    Do modern Iranians hate the ancient Persians? No.

    Do modern British hate the ancient/medieval Celts/Saxons/Vikings? No.

    But the modern nation self-identifying as Macedonian hates the ancient Macedonian language (Dorian and Hellenistic Greek) and their ancient culture (Hellenistic Greek).

    How does this make any sense?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 10:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Posts
    641
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 426/23
    Given: 133/4

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dosas View Post
    North Macedonians saying that they are the descendants of ancient Macedonians (and I am not saying that they aren't, because they obviously have paleo-balkan admixture) are the only ethnicity in the world that hates the language and culture of their so-called 'ancient' counterparts.
    North Macedonia does not correspond to Ancient Macedonia (Northern Greece) as we very well know. So the ancient Macedonian ancestry would be minimal. Macedonian Slavs do have Paleo-Balkanic ancestry though. While we are at it, most native Greek Macedonians (and I am not talking about Greek refugees from Asia minor) will probably only have some deluded Ancient Macedonian ancestry. This is because even the Ancient Macedonian kingdom situated in Northern Greece was not only the habitat of Ancient Macedonians. Rather, the kingdom was created by Macedonian conquests. The original Macedonians were inhabiting the area of Emathia (from Pella to Mt. Olympus). That's probably only one fourth of Greek Macedonia. Chalkidice was Ionian, Upper Macedonia/Pelagonia was Mollosian Greek. This means that Florina, Kozani and Monastiri used to be inhabited by this Epirot Greek tribe. Oh the irony, Macedonian Slavs could make a better case to claim some slight Molossian Greek ancestry over Ancient Macedonian. Also, a few parts of Greek Macedonia was inhabited by non-Greek tribes. The Ancient Macedonian tribe is long gone. People who talk in this context have no idea what they are talking about.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    98
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 44/2
    Given: 3/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    The Greek government has recognised the Macedonian language as a South Slavic language. Its time for Greeks to get used to the Macedonian language thing
    That's not what happened and you know it. The Greek government never accepted or agreed to recognize a Slavic language or minority called Macedonian inside Greece. You are forever a non-entity within Greece.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Crn Volk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Ancestry
    Highlands of Pelagonia, Western Macedonia
    Country
    Macedonia
    Region
    Macedonia region, Greece
    Taxonomy
    Dinaro-Pontid
    Politics
    Apricianism
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    12,100
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,337/611
    Given: 4,386/331

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hrant Dink View Post
    That's not what happened and you know it. The Greek government never accepted or agreed to recognize a Slavic language or minority called Macedonian inside Greece. You are forever a non-entity within Greece.
    No not inside Greece, but everywhere else. It is up to the Slavic Macedonians inside Greece to make their voice heard themselves as North Macedonia has disowned them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Zaev: Macedonian language will be taught at schools in Greece
    By Crn Volk in forum Македонија
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-16-2018, 10:57 AM
  2. Greece officially recognizes the Macedonian nation and language
    By Crn Volk in forum Македонија
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 11-09-2018, 11:44 PM
  3. We want our stolen treasures back: Ecumenical Patriarch
    By Papastratosels26 in forum Christianity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2018, 01:19 PM
  4. Classify ethnic Macedonians from Greece
    By Vojnik in forum Taxonomy
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-16-2018, 02:47 PM
  5. Denying Ethnic Identity: The Macedonians of Greece
    By poiuytrewq0987 in forum Македонија
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-23-2013, 04:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •