Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGuys View Post
    Súper cool! Gracias! Guanajuato es más nativo de lo que pensé xd... Nuevo León y Tamaulipas me sorprende lo Euros que son y Guerrero por la cantidad de asiático que tienen
    the Guerrero case is an interesting one but it makes sense, the Asian trade was in Acapulco, where all the Asian slaves landed, from there they were taken to Mexico City, and then spread throughout the country
    I have seen results from Guerrero with 20% Southeast Asian, also the AfroMexican study, the lady behind it also said that Afromexicans from Guerrero showed a heavy influence of Asian ancestry and that she was going to look more into that because she thought it was interesting and unexpected for her but from history it kinda made sense to her

yeah Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas are very European, I have more than 60 results from them and they are very European, but then again, these people are all inbred and are instant relatives
    I am looking for more balance mestizos to pred amerindians from those states, but there isnt enough, there are more who score 70% euro + than those who score 50% Amerindian or more
    even on Gedmatch, since they are inbred, all their 200 matches will be from Northeastern Mexicans and they will majority score very European, even hitting as high as 97% European

the Guanajuato results came from small towns, if I am able to get results from Leon, I believe the Euro will go up since to me the people from Leon look more Euro on average than Amerindian but thats only when we only take phenotype into account, genetically it might be different

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamastor View Post
    Interesting, also good that you use 23andme rather than GEDmatch. I think it's extremely more accurate for Latin Americans. The problem now is that they are ascribing too much unassigned for people of Latin American origins, what may create problems for this type of work as well. But at least they are honest in admiting in some cases they cannot determine exactly from where some genes are, instead of giving them randomly like MyHeritage, FTDNA and LivingDNA.
    yeah I prefer 23andMe and even AncestryDNA than GedMatch, that is why I have not updated the GedMatch spreadsheet Argento did for me a while back
    the unassigned from 23andMe is what screws up a little, but I know most of the unassigned is from the European side, then Amerindian and some from the African
    I am hoping 23andMe will soon fix this issue

Last Online
    11-06-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Raging Demon
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Leon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 409

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    the Guerrero case is an interesting one but it makes sense, the Asian trade was in Acapulco, where all the Asian slaves landed, from there they were taken to Mexico City, and then spread throughout the country
    I have seen results from Guerrero with 20% Southeast Asian, also the AfroMexican study, the lady behind it also said that Afromexicans from Guerrero showed a heavy influence of Asian ancestry and that she was going to look more into that because she thought it was interesting and unexpected for her but from history it kinda made sense to her

yeah Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas are very European, I have more than 60 results from them and they are very European, but then again, these people are all inbred and are instant relatives
    I am looking for more balance mestizos to pred amerindians from those states, but there isnt enough, there are more who score 70% euro + than those who score 50% Amerindian or more
    even on Gedmatch, since they are inbred, all their 200 matches will be from Northeastern Mexicans and they will majority score very European, even hitting as high as 97% European

the Guanajuato results came from small towns, if I am able to get results from Leon, I believe the Euro will go up since to me the people from Leon look more Euro on average than Amerindian but thats only when we only take phenotype into account, genetically it might be different
    Is there somehow of a demographic lopsiding there? Coahuila appears as only 20% Caucasian while Tamaulipas and Nuevo León are over 70%.

This is the kind of jump you'd expect to see of Bolivia to Argentina or something like that. "sample" means the number of idividual? Then it makes sense it's only a single individual, since I'm sure the results of 10 coahuilans would give a result more similar to Nuevo Leon.

I think a large encompassing sample would drop european scores of NL and Tamaulipas significantly, as well as increase Coahuila. Mexico city would also drop. Sinaloa and Sonora may increase a bit too.
    feds want to give me a bird just cos I'm black

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erronkari View Post
    Y Aguascalientes es super euro también.
    Mucho mas que Jalisco mucho masses.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skengdo View Post
    Is there somehow of a demographic lopsiding there? Coahuila appears as only 20% Caucasian while Tamaulipas and Nuevo León are over 70%.

This is the kind of jump you'd expect to see of Bolivia to Argentina or something like that. "sample" means the number of idividual? Then it makes sense it's only a single individual, since I'm sure the results of 10 coahuilans would give a result more similar to Nuevo Leon.

I think a large encompassing sample would drop european scores of NL and Tamaulipas significantly, as well as increase Coahuila. Mexico city would also drop. Sinaloa and Sonora may increase a bit too.
    I haven't been able to find another 100% Coahuilense except for that one sample, so for now it is obviously not accurate at all and it should be more around 50-60% euro

Yeah I am expecting the Euro to drop for Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon
    the problem that I am having with both those states is that on 23andMe, either Tamaulipecos have grandparents from Nuevo Leon, and Nuevo Leonese have grandparents from Tamaulipas
    So there was a heavy back to back migration between the two states, many Tamaulipecos settled in Nuevo Leon, and many Nuevo Leonese settled in Tamaulipas
    Not to mention that Northern Tamaulipecos and Nuevo Leonese especially those from Monterrey have from only 12 founding families (If I remember correctly)
    So these people are heavily mixed with one another because they use to be one single state along with Coahuila and Southern Texas

I have many results from Northeastern Mexicans but the problem is that a large chunk of them are not 100% of one single state and have grandparents from those 3 states
    Mexico City should drop for sure, but many of the people from Mexico City who immigrate to the USA/Canada are not average Capitalino due to their socio-class background

Banned
    Last Online
    01-12-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    The Americas -> North America -> Hispanic America -> Mexico -> Western Mexico
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano Virreinal (1000% mexican! Born, raised and living in Mexico)
    Ethnicity
    60.73-65.1% European/MENA, 33-35.81% Indigenous American and 2-3.45% SSA
    Ancestry
    Spain, Mesoamerica, Western and Central Africa
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
    mtDNA
    Unknown
    Taxonomy
    Castizo: Alpinized Gracile Med and slightly Baskid + Minor Margid
    Politics
    Meritocracy, "Git Gud" and Ius Soli
    Hero
    Cristóbal de Oñate, Reina Isabel la Católica, Tzilacatzin, Porfirio Díaz and Dr. Iosif Lazaridis
    Religion
    Agnosticism (Culturally Roman Catholicism)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,503
    Given: 10,131

0 Not allowed!

I haven't been able to find another 100% Coahuilense except for that one sample, so for now it is obviously not accurate at all and it should be more around 50-60% euro

the problem that I am having with both those states is that on 23andMe, either Tamaulipecos have grandparents from Nuevo Leon, and Nuevo Leonese have grandparents from Tamaulipas
    So there was a heavy back to back migration between the two states, many Tamaulipecos settled in Nuevo Leon, and many Nuevo Leonese settled in Tamaulipas
    Not to mention that Northern Tamaulipecos and Nuevo Leonese especially those from Monterrey have from only 12 founding families (If I remember correctly)
    So these people are heavily mixed with one another because they use to be one single state along with Coahuila and Southern Texas

I have many results from Northeastern Mexicans but the problem is that a large chunk of them are not 100% of one single state and have grandparents from those 3 states
    Mexico City should drop for sure, but many of the people from Mexico City who immigrate to the USA/Canada are not average Capitalino due to their socio-class background
    Cierto, y cómo le haces con los que no son 100% de esos estados? De igual manera los colocas en el estado que nació? O en el que tenga más ancestría?

Por ejemplo que harías si uno de Baja California tiene 2 abuelos de Coahuila, 1 de Baja California y el otro de Sinaloa?

Last Online
    11-06-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Raging Demon
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Leon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 409

0 Not allowed!

It will be hard to do what you're attempting to do. Such areas had a lot of internal migration up to the point someone who has exactly 4 grandparents from the same state isn't that common.

I'd say it's ok to add people who have 1/4 of ancestry from a nearby state. After all they're pretty much part of the population, and I don't think they'd sway the results too much.

Or maybe you just can do them by region and not state (only include it as a side info). Finding someone who hails entirely from a single region (northeast vs. northwest and similar things) should be a lot easier to organize and would allow you to use people you normally would leave out.
    feds want to give me a bird just cos I'm black

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloGuys View Post
    Cierto, y cómo le haces con los que no son 100% de esos estados? De igual manera los colocas en el estado que nació? O en el que tenga más ancestría?

Por ejemplo que harías si uno de Baja California tiene 2 abuelos de Coahuila, 1 de Baja California y el otro de Sinaloa?
    los pongo en la categoria "Unknown"

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Skengdo View Post
    It will be hard to do what you're attempting to do. Such areas had a lot of internal migration up to the point someone who has exactly 4 grandparents from the same state isn't that common.

I'd say it's ok to add people who have 1/4 of ancestry from a nearby state. After all they're pretty much part of the population, and I don't think they'd sway the results too much.

Or maybe you just can do them by region and not state (only include it as a side info). Finding someone who hails entirely from a single region (northeast vs. northwest and similar things) should be a lot easier to organize and would allow you to use people you normally would leave out.
    the average mexican in Mexico has all 4 grandparents born in the same state
    the problem is more with the mexican community in the USA who tend to marry people from different states, since the Mexican population is diverse
    AncestryDNA was able to do it, they had that big study which only took into account Mexicans from the USA with all 4 grandparents from the same state/region
    that is how they were able to expand their Mexican communities on that site

I have a sheet that goes by the region
    the regional average seems pretty accurate to me and it matched (not identically but very close) to the study done by AncestryDNA

AncestryDNA study

its funny how similar the results are

Banned
    Last Online
    01-13-2023 @ 06:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mexican
    Country
    Mexico
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 245