Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do girls do better in school?

Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 03:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Country
    Netherlands
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I just finished high school at the highest level (that's vwo for all you dutch out there) and i will be heading to university soon-ish. From what i can tell so far, girls/women tend to do better grade wise, but are not more intelligent. Alot (and i mean a LOT, more then half atleast) of the girls tended to be the types that would just cram everything into their head and get very high marks. Most guys tended to grasp the subject instead of cramming, resulting in lower marks but better knowledge of what was actually happening.

While it's nice to have high grades, it will not help you anything in the long run if you do not actually grasp the ideas and methods. I think this is where a lot of girls tend to fail, they try to compensate for their lower IQ by cramming everything into their heads, which might show up as a positive thing in studies but will not help them later on in life.

Last Online
    04-10-2023 @ 05:16 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-Aryans
    Country
    Antarctica
    Region
    Moscow
    Politics
    Centre Left
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 2,020

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rygg View Post
    I just finished high school at the highest level (that's vwo for all you dutch out there) and i will be heading to university soon-ish. From what i can tell so far, girls/women tend to do better grade wise, but are not more intelligent. Alot (and i mean a LOT, more then half atleast) of the girls tended to be the types that would just cram everything into their head and get very high marks. Most guys tended to grasp the subject instead of cramming, resulting in lower marks but better knowledge of what was actually happening.

While it's nice to have high grades, it will not help you anything in the long run if you do not actually grasp the ideas and methods. I think this is where a lot of girls tend to fail, they try to compensate for their lower IQ by cramming everything into their heads, which might show up as a positive thing in studies but will not help them later on in life.

100% agree with you. Girls in my university on average scores better grades than boys but when it comes to aptitude test they score mediocre marks compare to boys.

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 09:55 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Country
    Portugal
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF27
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,742
    Given: 3,217

1 Not allowed!

They mature earlier.

Halo
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-19-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Avar
    Ethnicity
    Avar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Region
    Isle of Man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,084
    Given: 223

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Delarge View Post
    They mature earlier.
    Nope. It is the curiculum. Prior to the last curiculum which apeals to female way of learning and inhibits male learning female students did worse than males.
    So answer is feminism
    Hi everyone!

Inactive
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 11:15 PM
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,730
    Given: 5,555

0 Not allowed!

Sexual desire wakes up later than in guys, often when some men are already at the finish line to impotence (30+).
    A 14-23 guy rarely thinks about anything other than sex while studying, so men only begin to gain real knowledge usually after the libido weakened in their third decade of life.
    Our ancestors knew something by introducing separate education for boys and girls in schools (cancelled here at about ~1955).

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

Modern education has its roots in Hegelian Prussianism (Prussia Germany). Germans being collectivist and lemon-like created a system that churned out people that all thought alike about the important issues of the day. In, otherwords, it created sheeple and women are more sheeple like than men. Education past the three Rs : reading, writing and arithmetic is about indoctrination. Once you have the three Rs under your belt you can teach yourself anything (especially if your IQ is above 125) via the library and the internet or ebooks and an ereader or whatnot. Colleges do not teach you how to think critically but rather hand down facts as if they where handed down by God not be question : if you think that is education then you are a moron.

You also don't need a college degree to make a lot of money -- you can start your own business or teach yourself computer programming (many computer progammers are self-taught) etc.....

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Central/Northwestern Euro
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,965
    Given: 422

0 Not allowed!

Because girls like order when engaged in a task, disorder being selfish and needlessly disruptive wasting valuable time endangering and delaying everyone's goal of achieving self-sustainment.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Beamatok View Post
    Girls are more attentive and less likely to behave poorly. I always was bad at writing but finally, I improved my skills. My best friend told me that reading samples (you can find a lot of good ones here https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/addiction) help a lot. I made reading and writing my daily exercise and it worked out.
    I type one-handed from a smartphone so I do not care about proper 'writing' here because it would be a major PITA.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXD60 View Post
    Because girls like order when engaged in a task, disorder being selfish and needlessly disruptive wasting valuable time endangering and delaying everyone's goal of achieving self-sustainment.
    Girls get worthless degrees. I think the one female who won the Fields medal might be more political than anything else. In any case one woman has won the Fields medal since 1938, I think. She is no Terence Tao.

Then there are these problems :

The seven mellenium problems are the Birch and Swinnerton-Dyer Conjecture, the Hodge Conjecture, the Navier-Stokes Equations, P versus NP, the Poincaré Conjecture, the Riemann Hypothesis, and the Yang-Mills Theory. In 2003, the Poincaré Conjecture was proven by Russian mathematician Grigori Perelman.

August 2006, Perelman was offered the Fields Medal[1] for "his contributions to geometry and his revolutionary insights into the analytical and geometric structure of the Ricci flow", but he declined the award, stating: "I'm not interested in money or fame; I don't want to be on display like an animal in a zoo."[2] On 22 December 2006, the scientific journal Science recognized Perelman's proof of the Poincaré conjecture as the scientific "Breakthrough of the Year", the first such recognition in the area of mathematics.[3]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    British/Irish/French Canadian/Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    About 1/2 British/Irish/Scottish, 1/4 French Canadian, and 1/4 Ukrainian (SW Ukraine) + a few other
    Country
    Canada
    mtDNA
    T2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,283
    Given: 12,797

1 Not allowed!

I think girls specifically do better in Elementary-High School for a few reasons:

They are expected to mature early and conform more

The vast majority of Elementary-High School teachers are female

Education often discourages masculine traits

Girls seem to value grades more

I've found that girls are more likely to be told that if they don't do well in school and head to College/University then they won't have a future

Girls are a bit more submissive on average

Ofc people are welcome to disagree but these are just my thoughts.
    =(^.^)=

Also I don't do classifications currently, sorry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information