Thread: File Sharing

Jägerstaffel

1 Not allowed!

Default File Sharing

What are your opinions of file sharing?
    Do you agree that piracy should remain illegal or do you side with the anti-copyright movement?

Last Online
    06-14-2017 @ 09:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Polesian
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Taxonomy
    East-Alpinid/Robust East-Mediterranid
    Politics
    xenophobic capitalism
    Religion
    BelAOC
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jägerstaffel View Post
    Do you agree that piracy should remain illegal or do you side with the anti-copyright movement?
    I wouldn't say that I'm against copyrights, but the legislation on this matter has obviously become obsolete in the computer age and must be revised in one way or another. Let lawyers look for a solution.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Two distant paternal relatives of mine had an argument about this in the Sixth Century;
    The earliest recorded historical case-law on the right to copy comes from ancient Ireland. The Cathach is the oldest extant Irish manuscript of the Psalter and the earliest example of Irish writing. It contains a Vulgate version of Psalms XXX (10) to CV (13) with an interpretative rubric or heading before each psalm. It is traditionally ascribed to Saint Columba as the copy, made at night in haste by a miraculous light, of a Psalter lent to Columba by St. Finnian. A dispute arose about the ownership of the copy and King Diarmait Mac Cerbhaill gave the judgement "To every cow belongs her calf, therefore to every book belongs its copy."

Tradition asserts that, sometime around 560, Columba became involved in a quarrel with Saint Finian of Movilla Abbey over a psalter. Columba copied the manuscript at the scriptorium under Saint Finian, intending to keep the copy. Saint Finian disputed his right to keep the copy. The dispute eventually led to the pitched Battle of Cúl Dreimhne in 561, during which many men were killed. A synod of clerics and scholars threatened to excommunicate him for these deaths, but St. Brendan of Birr spoke on his behalf with the result that he was allowed to go into exile instead. Columba suggested that he would work as a missionary in Scotland to help convert as many people as had been killed in the battle. He exiled himself from Ireland, to return only once again, several years later.

Perhaps we should put the matter to a battle too?

I think the present grey market should be allowed to persist, the authorities turning a blind eye. Ultimately, the producers will still make money, as file sharing is not too different from free advertising. People still like to have shiny official cd-boxes, after all.

Last Online
    04-19-2013 @ 04:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kavkasion
    Ethnicity
    Chechen
    Ancestry
    Maternal Finnic/Baltic, Paternal- Vainakh(Noxcho) Grozny/Shatoi/Vedeno
    Country
    Chechnya
    Taxonomy
    Mtebid
    Politics
    No.
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25

0 Not allowed!

I really do not care. If it were the artists who were losing money then it would be a problem, but I don't see that happen. The record companies say that they lose money, who cares? It may be the time that this becomes obsolete.
    I do not mean to say that everyone who works in the record industry should lose their jobs, but the packaged distribution aspect may be not relevant anymore. It is a losing battle to keep it so. Even if American companies attempt to track down internet piracy, there are many, MANY sites from other countries where they do nothing about it.

For example: Vkontakte, the Russian Facebook, has a function that you can upload and download as much free music and videos as you want.

Jägerstaffel

0 Not allowed!

What will the future look like? Some ISPs send cease and desist letters to users in an attempt to scare them, but I have not heard of suits brought against individuals as of yet. Does anyone predict something like that will happen?

Also, is the act falling out of favour to legitimate sources like iTunes, Pandora, YouTube, etc?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

1 Not allowed!

As a gentile, I laugh that some Jew owning company employing Jews with Jews running the company...(did I mention it is run by Jews?) ... are losing money at me downloading their stuff illegally.

They fucked over Walt in life, I fuck them over in their life.

PS. Silly Symphonies: Three Little Pigs FTW

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Is OP the same Jaggerstaffel who posts here now?

Thread Information