Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aśvārohī View Post
    so you yourself admit Romanians were one fifth of the region's population... Dobrudja, the same as Bucovina, were not Romanian regions until Romanians colonized and assimilated them in the past century. in Bucovina we were somewhat luckier, a lot of Suceava county still keeps the original languages (Ukrainian, Polish and (Lipovan) Russian) to this day in yhr countryside, including my village.
    I only corrected your simplistic view on the demography of Northern Dobrogea.
    No, this region was not Bulgarian, there were twice as many Romanians compared to Bulgarians before Northern Dobrogea became part of Romania. Yeah, there were many Tatars at that time in Dobrogea, but they were actually recently settled by the Ottomans. They originally came from Crimea, forced to move after the many wars between the Ottomans and the Tsarist empire (fought in the previous 100 years). After Northern Dobrogea became part of Romania 20k Turks left for Turkey and half of the Tatars were assimilated by the Romanians. Still, at that time (late 19th century) the province was super impoverished and depopulated, and only the Romanian rule made Northern Dobrogea relatively prosperous in the area - keep the things in perspective my man.

I'm back, angrier than ever
    Last Online
    11-19-2023 @ 06:49 PM
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian with a whiff of Greek
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,414
    Given: 571

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ixulescu View Post
    I only corrected your simplistic view on the demography of Northern Dobrogea.
    No, this region was not Bulgarian, there were twice as many Romanians compared to Bulgarians before Northern Dobrogea became part of Romania. Yeah, there were many Tatars at that time in Dobrogea, but they were actually recently settled by the Ottomans. They originally came from Crimea, forced to move after the many wars between the Ottomans and the Tsarist empire (fought in the previous 100 years). After Northern Dobrogea became part of Romania 20k Turks left for Turkey and half of the Tatars were assimilated by the Romanians. Still, at that time (late 19th century) the province was super impoverished and depopulated, and only the Romanian rule made Northern Dobrogea relatively prosperous in the area - keep the things in perspective my man.
    Why do you divide Dobrogea into North and South? There were never such definitions until the Northern part of the region was given to you in 1878.

There is no point of proving which ethnicity was more numerous because the region was predominantly Muslim/Turkish and if we look at the population of North&South Dobruja combined, then Bulgarians would come as second most numerous ethnicity.

Despite being neither Bulgarian or Romanian, Dobruja (no matter North or South) was ten times more Bulgarian than Romanian in any sense - historically, culturally, geographically..

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information