PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Why do you believe in God? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Why do you believe in God?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-22-2020 @ 12:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Country
    Flanders
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269*
    mtDNA
    K1a19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,356
    Given: 1,612

1 Not allowed!

I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men.

We do not consider our principles as dogmas contained in books that are said to come from heaven. We derive our inspiration, not from heaven, or from an unseen world, but directly from life.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

1 Not allowed!

Sometimes I do sometimes I don't I admit I'm a bad Christian whose have commited to many sins but I know my soul is saved because I'm baptized

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzuh View Post
    Sometimes I do sometimes I don't I admit I'm a bad Christian whose have commited to many sins but I know my soul is saved because I'm baptized
    You are Catholic?

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    You are Catholic?
    Fuck no fuck Catholism I'm barely a Christian a Jesus only beliver.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,168
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzuh View Post
    Fuck no fuck Catholism I'm barely a Christian a Jesus only beliver.
    Then you only believe in god and in the bible, you are neither catholic nor evangelical nor witness of jehova?

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    Then you only believe in god and in the bible, you are neither catholic nor evangelical nor witness of jehova?
    I do believe there's a spiritual superior not just the typical god the is portrayed by men.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 07:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish Cypriot
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    East-Med+Armenoid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,749
    Given: 711

1 Not allowed!

I just want to be honest. I am too occupied with this current life to think about the afterlife. Sometimes I believe that people focus on the afterlife so much that they forget about life on Earth. I'm not saying there's anything wrong in that and I remain respectful of other peoples beliefs. Only way we will know is if we die ourselves. It is best to keep open minded and not stick to one position whether atheist or religious.
    Last edited by lonewolfcypriot; 03-28-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

0 Not allowed!

One of the things that bugged me as an atheist was the hard problem of consciousness. In fact, this is probably the biggest reason I was sort of gravitating back to a kind of theism, before my eyes were actually opened by the Spirit and I saw God (i.e., the One of the Bible) for who He truly is. He exists, loves me, sent His only Son for me to die and be resurrected as full and complete payment for my sins, so that I could be His eternal adoptee and object of His love and kindness.

There are many reasons to believe in God as Creator. The existence of God as the Creator of the universe is a proposition that any objective mind should realize has become MORE valid through scientific discovery, not less. It is axiomatic that things that are created must have a creator. Intelligence does not arise on its own, but requires an intelligent designer. Just like a computer program requires an intelligent designer, we can clearly see from the complexity of life and DNA that it requires an Intelligent Designer. It's absurd to think that this requires no designer.

The paradox is that for anything to exist at all, there is something that must be self-existent, which requires no creator. Many atheists have posited that the universe itself is self-existent. But that hypothesis has been thoroughly discredited in the previous century. We know from the study of relativity that space and time had a beginning. Not only did space have a beginning, but so did time! In fact, it is God who is self-existent.

Evolution is also completely untenable.

But regarding consciousness, it would still warrant explanation even if somehow the universe gave rise to itself (as well as the order within itself) and life should arise from nothing - in all its complexity and diversity. Even if you accepted evolution as an explanation for this--which you can't even do, in all seriousness--we're left with the hard problem of consciousness. Why do conscious beings actually experience anything? In other words, if evolution gave rise to all our outward emotions, why do we actually experience these things internally? Why are we not philosophical zombies? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie

The philosophical zombie has all the same brain processes, allowing it to function. But there's no soul. No consciousness. Natural processes are completely inadequate to explain consciousness.

Last Online
    04-26-2024 @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Without "GOD", nothing would have a meaning.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information