Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

2 Not allowed!

Are Hungarians silence, introvert, hard/tough and stubborn like Finns or opposite to all of those as slavics?

Last Online
    Today @ 02:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,303
    Given: 9,876

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by itilvolga View Post
    Are there many Turanists in Hungary?
    Not much in my opinion and many hungarian turanist just like old hungarian culture, huns but they don't even care about turks or "brothership" with them. By the way turanism does not mean turkic racial ideology in Hungary, just an old nomad cultural community.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Are Hungarians silence, introvert, hard/tough and stubborn like Finns or opposite to all of those as slavics?
    I think the hungarian behavior is similar to neighbouring countries, but we are more pessimist

Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 07:23 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,176

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turul Karom View Post

Both were terrible and run by puppets who betrayed Hungarian interests. Look into the Terror House (Terror Háza), which commemorates the horrors of occupation by splitting between the Arrow Cross Regime and the Soviet Puppet Government in an area that was headquarters for both and a place of terrible torture of Hungarians. Despite the fact Hungary was occupied for a far shorter time by the Nazis and the Arrow Cross vs the communists, the exhibit gives equal time and presentation to each group.

Check out the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TerrorHazaMuzeum
    I visited the House of Terror. I have ex-commie Hungarian-mixed relatives(now French citizens and hardcore capitalists) and I have some minimal concerns about the way history is portrayed but without a doubt it was worth it, it's like you get VR cinema and history packed in one. I also noticed that a lot of statues/memorials around Budapest belong to patriots of contradicting political affiliations which was nice to see since I believe that the left/right divide is largely a fraud.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kis_Kócos View Post
    Interesting but the Arrow Cross Party and hungarists (hungarian nazis) were 100% turanist.

"The party's ideology was similar to that of German Nazism, although a more accurate comparison might be drawn between Austrofascism and Hungarian turanist fascism which was called Hungarism by Ferenc Szálasi – extreme nationalism, the promotion of agriculture, anti-capitalism, anti-communism and militant anti-Semitism. The party and its leader were originally against the German geopolitical plans, so it was a long and very difficult process for Hitler to compromise with Szálasi and his party. The Arrow Cross Party conceived Jews in racial as well as religious terms. Although the Arrow Cross Party was certainly far more racist than the Horthy regime, it was still different in some ways from the German Nazi Party. It was also more economically radical than other fascist movements, advocating workers' rights and land reforms.[10]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_...Party#Ideology

"A hungarizmus fontos vonása a kizárólag zsidók (és kisebb részt cigányok) ellen irányuló, mind vallási, mind faji színezetű gyűlölet. (Más források szerint elfogadta a fajelméletet, azonban a „turáni fajba” tartozó magyarokat egyenrangúnak ítélte az „árja fajjal”.) "
    https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sz%C3%A1lasi_Ferenc
    "Hungarism" is not Turanist ideology. It takes Turanism an works it into Nazi racial ideology by someone who was sympathetic to Hitler, and would use Hungary as a bargaining chip to get him into the power of the "new world order". Besides, did you not sympathize with the Arrow Cross in the previous Arrow Cross and German thread here?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...hwabian+Turkey

Look through all of the previous wiki edits on Turanism and Hungarian Turanism pages over the years and you will see the ridiculous political games people attempt to play, adding ant subtracting information. Your quote from wikipedia is also not sourced or even references a source. You and I talked about wikipedia quotes and how they are frequently unsourced, and how even sources lead to dead links, yet somehow they remain up. Hmmm. Odd. Well, I have an interesting quote with an actual source...

The Volksbund promoted and encouraged the idea that the southern Hungarian territories returned to the mother country after the German-Yugoslav conflict should be called the "Schwabische Turkei" ( Schwabian Turkey) or "Prinz Eugen Gau" (Prince Eugene Administrative District) and they should be annexed. According to these demands the cities of Eszek, Pecs, Temesvar, and Orsova, their respective regions, plus the county of Tolna, and the mining districts of Transylvania should become a separate Gau, administrative district, outside Germany but under the authority of the Third Reich.

This idea is still alive in certain Austrian circles and can be illustrated by the small map attached which was edited in the Fifties in Vienna. The only difference is that the Burgenland (Author's remark: which always was ethnographically, historically Hungarian) is shown three times as large as it actually is, and they do not show the Schwabische Turkei which comprises the Southern Hungarian Bacska and which at present belongs to Yugoslavia.

G. Baross: "Hungary and Hitler", p. 111

And...

What may have been Adolf Hitler's ideas about Hungary and her fate in case the Third Reich would have won the war, General Bela Vasvary, former commanding general of the 16th Hungarian Division, related to me in 1949 as follows.

In 1946, he (General Vasvary) with several other Hungarian refugees in the Austrian Carinthia, in the English Zone, invited all Hungarians for a little Christmas celebration. In this refugee

-111-

-

camp lived also Emil Kovarc, a notorious, bloodthirsty adherent of Ferenc Szalasi [the Nazi puppet after the invasion of Hungary by Germany]. He (Kovarc) was not invited; he was awaiting his extradition to the Communist Hungarian authorities. Finally the good hearted Hungarians invited him also out of pity; knowing that he had spent a long time in the Third Reich, Vasvary asked whether he knew what Hitler would have done with Hungary in case of a victory. Emil Kovarc, being well informed, stated that Hitler had wanted to change Hungary into a protectorate state in which he would have left constitutional institutions, the Parliament, a responsible Government the courts and its administrative organization; however, all positions of responsibility in the Government, in the judicial, in the public administration, in the finances and also in the counties would have been filled with Germans from the Third Reich or absolutely trustworthy, ethnic Germans from Hungary. In the Parliament he would have introduced a oneparty system.

With this I think the picture is complete.

G. Baross: Hungary and Hitler

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by itilvolga View Post
    Are there many Turanists in Hungary?
    Plenty. The government talks about our unity as well, and we are ascending members of the Turkic Council. Not to mention all of the support we acknowledge from our family, take a look at this article:

https://dailynewshungary.com/szekely...s-in-istanbul/

http://www.miniszterelnok.hu/hungary...c-cooperation/

3 September 2018, Cholpon-Ata (Чолпон-Ата)

Honourable Presidents,

First of all, allow me to thank you for your invitation to attend this summit. It is a great honour for us to be given the opportunity to cooperate with you, and we wish to thank our Kyrgyz friends for their brotherly hospitality. As you know, we live in Hungary, we are Hungarians, and we speak Hungarian. This is a unique and strange language, which is related to the Turkic languages. We have always closely followed the cooperation between countries of Turkic identity. Among you we are the people who have moved farthest West, and who also converted to Christianity. So we are a Christian people living in the West, standing on foundations of Hun-Turkic origins; the Hungarians see themselves as the late descendants of Attila.

Honourable Presidents,

Hungary, together with Turkey, is a member of NATO; and Hungary is also a member of the European Union. I can assure you that being both a member of the European Union and an Eastern nation is a unique experience. The Government of Hungary is committed to ensuring that, in the modern, global world, Hungary preserves its language, character, culture, origins and traditions. We believe that – also in the 21st century – the only states which can be strong are those which are proud of their national identities and are able to preserve them. Today’s Western teaching does not recognise this truth, but we insist on preserving our Hungarian national identity.

Honourable Presidents,

Hungary respects and nurtures its Turkic roots. Every year our country hosts Europe’s largest event of ancient traditions: the Kurultáj, or tribal assembly of the Hun-Turkic nations. This year twenty-six nations were represented – including Turks, Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, Turkmens and Azeris.

Honourable Presidents,

In Europe Hungary is often described as the most westerly of the people of the East. Earlier this was meant as a slight – intended to express disdain and condescension. However, due to the fantastic achievements of your countries – due to the economic and political development of your countries – being referred to as an Eastern people should now be taken as praise.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been proven beyond doubt that the old world order – with its dogma that capital and knowledge flow from West to East in search of cheap labour – has come to an end. We are living in a new world order, and its history is fundamentally determined by the development of the rising states in the East.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In 2010 I returned to government after eight years in opposition, and in 2010 we decided that we would open up in your direction. We have built our foreign policy towards you on the foundations of mutual respect: we respect our partners’ history and traditions, as well as the specificities and realities that stem from ancient cultures. Therefore I would like to reassure you that this respect also guides our cooperation with the countries of the Turkic Council. Since 2014 Hungary has had observer status in the Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic Speaking-states, and in 2017 we submitted an application for accession to the International Turkic Academy. Today I have the honour of asking you to make it possible for Hungary to engage in even closer cooperation with the Cooperation Council of Turkic-speaking States. I also wish to inform you that Member States of the Turkic Council are playing an increasingly important role in Hungary’s foreign policy aspirations: for years our relations with Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan have been at the level of strategic partnership. Our goal is to also embark on this path in relation to Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.

As regards the main topic of the meeting – sport and young people – allow me to inform you with due modesty that in the course of its history Hungary has won 177 Olympic gold medals – the highest number per capita of any country in the world. We have an outstanding university of sports science, which is also open to you, and which also seeks cooperation with you. The President of Kazakhstan raised the idea of creating a platform focusing on young people. I wish to inform you, Honourable Presidents, that at present Hungary is funding 595 scholarships for young people from the six Turkic-speaking countries who are currently studying in Hungary. These are Hungarian state scholarships, and next year we will increase their number, because this year they attracted more than two thousand applicants.

In response to the words of the President of Kazakhstan, and in agreement with the President of Azerbaijan, I would also like to inform you that in recent years the Hungarian Eximbank has opened a credit line worth a total of USD 1.5 billion, for the promotion of investment, trade and project cooperation with the six Turkic-speaking countries.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Honourable Presidents,

Hungary is ready for the opening of a new chapter in Hungarian-Turkic cooperation. We are grateful – the Hungarian delegation is grateful, and I also am personally grateful – to you for giving us the opportunity to be here among you.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Generally extroverted.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"Hungarism" is not Turanist ideology. It takes Turanism an works it into Nazi racial ideology by someone who was sympathetic to Hitler, and would use Hungary as a bargaining chip to get him into the power of the "new world order". Besides, did you not sympathize with the Arrow Cross in the previous Arrow Cross and German thread here?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...hwabian+Turkey

Look through all of the previous wiki edits on Turanism and Hungarian Turanism pages over the years and you will see the ridiculous political games people attempt to play, adding ant subtracting information. Your quote from wikipedia is also not sourced or even references a source. You and I talked about wikipedia quotes and how they are frequently unsourced, and how even sources lead to dead links, yet somehow they remain up. Hmmm. Odd. Well, I have an interesting quote with an actual source...

The Volksbund promoted and encouraged the idea that the southern Hungarian territories returned to the mother country after the German-Yugoslav conflict should be called the "Schwabische Turkei" ( Schwabian Turkey) or "Prinz Eugen Gau" (Prince Eugene Administrative District) and they should be annexed. According to these demands the cities of Eszek, Pecs, Temesvar, and Orsova, their respective regions, plus the county of Tolna, and the mining districts of Transylvania should become a separate Gau, administrative district, outside Germany but under the authority of the Third Reich.

This idea is still alive in certain Austrian circles and can be illustrated by the small map attached which was edited in the Fifties in Vienna. The only difference is that the Burgenland (Author's remark: which always was ethnographically, historically Hungarian) is shown three times as large as it actually is, and they do not show the Schwabische Turkei which comprises the Southern Hungarian Bacska and which at present belongs to Yugoslavia.

G. Baross: "Hungary and Hitler", p. 111

And...

What may have been Adolf Hitler's ideas about Hungary and her fate in case the Third Reich would have won the war, General Bela Vasvary, former commanding general of the 16th Hungarian Division, related to me in 1949 as follows.

In 1946, he (General Vasvary) with several other Hungarian refugees in the Austrian Carinthia, in the English Zone, invited all Hungarians for a little Christmas celebration. In this refugee

-111-

-

camp lived also Emil Kovarc, a notorious, bloodthirsty adherent of Ferenc Szalasi [the Nazi puppet after the invasion of Hungary by Germany]. He (Kovarc) was not invited; he was awaiting his extradition to the Communist Hungarian authorities. Finally the good hearted Hungarians invited him also out of pity; knowing that he had spent a long time in the Third Reich, Vasvary asked whether he knew what Hitler would have done with Hungary in case of a victory. Emil Kovarc, being well informed, stated that Hitler had wanted to change Hungary into a protectorate state in which he would have left constitutional institutions, the Parliament, a responsible Government the courts and its administrative organization; however, all positions of responsibility in the Government, in the judicial, in the public administration, in the finances and also in the counties would have been filled with Germans from the Third Reich or absolutely trustworthy, ethnic Germans from Hungary. In the Parliament he would have introduced a oneparty system.

With this I think the picture is complete.

G. Baross: Hungary and Hitler
    I did not sympathize with hungarism and they were 100% turanist. Szálasi has declared the hungarians belong to "turan race" along with japs, bulgarians, tatars. He's been dreaming of common Japan-Hungary border and other unreal fantasies, but i respect his anti communist policy and his resistance against bolsevism until the end.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Faklon View Post
    I visited the House of Terror. I have ex-commie Hungarian-mixed relatives(now French citizens and hardcore capitalists) and I have some minimal concerns about the way history is portrayed but without a doubt it was worth it, it's like you get VR cinema and history packed in one. I also noticed that a lot of statues/memorials around Budapest belong to patriots of contradicting political affiliations which was nice to see since I believe that the left/right divide is largely a fraud.
    Thank you for your opinion and honest take on your experience. Yes, Hungary has been through a lot, and yet we are still here. I am happy that you get to partake in our culture and ancestral heritage, and wish that you will enjoy Hungary again in the future should you decide to travel through once more.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Ancestry
    Aegean, Inner Anatolia, Transcaucasia
    Country
    Turkey
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,160
    Given: 3,931

1 Not allowed!

Plenty. The government talks about our unity as well, and we are ascending members of the Turkic Council. Not to mention all of the support we acknowledge from our family, take a look at this article:

https://dailynewshungary.com/szekely...s-in-istanbul/

http://www.miniszterelnok.hu/hungary...c-cooperation/

3 September 2018, Cholpon-Ata (Чолпон-Ата)

Honourable Presidents,

First of all, allow me to thank you for your invitation to attend this summit. It is a great honour for us to be given the opportunity to cooperate with you, and we wish to thank our Kyrgyz friends for their brotherly hospitality. As you know, we live in Hungary, we are Hungarians, and we speak Hungarian. This is a unique and strange language, which is related to the Turkic languages. We have always closely followed the cooperation between countries of Turkic identity. Among you we are the people who have moved farthest West, and who also converted to Christianity. So we are a Christian people living in the West, standing on foundations of Hun-Turkic origins; the Hungarians see themselves as the late descendants of Attila.

Honourable Presidents,

Hungary, together with Turkey, is a member of NATO; and Hungary is also a member of the European Union. I can assure you that being both a member of the European Union and an Eastern nation is a unique experience. The Government of Hungary is committed to ensuring that, in the modern, global world, Hungary preserves its language, character, culture, origins and traditions. We believe that – also in the 21st century – the only states which can be strong are those which are proud of their national identities and are able to preserve them. Today’s Western teaching does not recognise this truth, but we insist on preserving our Hungarian national identity.

Honourable Presidents,

Hungary respects and nurtures its Turkic roots. Every year our country hosts Europe’s largest event of ancient traditions: the Kurultáj, or tribal assembly of the Hun-Turkic nations. This year twenty-six nations were represented – including Turks, Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kyrgyz, Turkmens and Azeris.

Honourable Presidents,

In Europe Hungary is often described as the most westerly of the people of the East. Earlier this was meant as a slight – intended to express disdain and condescension. However, due to the fantastic achievements of your countries – due to the economic and political development of your countries – being referred to as an Eastern people should now be taken as praise.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It has been proven beyond doubt that the old world order – with its dogma that capital and knowledge flow from West to East in search of cheap labour – has come to an end. We are living in a new world order, and its history is fundamentally determined by the development of the rising states in the East.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In 2010 I returned to government after eight years in opposition, and in 2010 we decided that we would open up in your direction. We have built our foreign policy towards you on the foundations of mutual respect: we respect our partners’ history and traditions, as well as the specificities and realities that stem from ancient cultures. Therefore I would like to reassure you that this respect also guides our cooperation with the countries of the Turkic Council. Since 2014 Hungary has had observer status in the Parliamentary Assembly of Turkic Speaking-states, and in 2017 we submitted an application for accession to the International Turkic Academy. Today I have the honour of asking you to make it possible for Hungary to engage in even closer cooperation with the Cooperation Council of Turkic-speaking States. I also wish to inform you that Member States of the Turkic Council are playing an increasingly important role in Hungary’s foreign policy aspirations: for years our relations with Turkey, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan have been at the level of strategic partnership. Our goal is to also embark on this path in relation to Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.

As regards the main topic of the meeting – sport and young people – allow me to inform you with due modesty that in the course of its history Hungary has won 177 Olympic gold medals – the highest number per capita of any country in the world. We have an outstanding university of sports science, which is also open to you, and which also seeks cooperation with you. The President of Kazakhstan raised the idea of creating a platform focusing on young people. I wish to inform you, Honourable Presidents, that at present Hungary is funding 595 scholarships for young people from the six Turkic-speaking countries who are currently studying in Hungary. These are Hungarian state scholarships, and next year we will increase their number, because this year they attracted more than two thousand applicants.

In response to the words of the President of Kazakhstan, and in agreement with the President of Azerbaijan, I would also like to inform you that in recent years the Hungarian Eximbank has opened a credit line worth a total of USD 1.5 billion, for the promotion of investment, trade and project cooperation with the six Turkic-speaking countries.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Honourable Presidents,

Hungary is ready for the opening of a new chapter in Hungarian-Turkic cooperation. We are grateful – the Hungarian delegation is grateful, and I also am personally grateful – to you for giving us the opportunity to be here among you.
    I was waiting for such reply. Hajra Turan!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information