Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danish Zeelander sample K36 Eurogenes map (R-M269)

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,588
    Given: 8,908

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Matxe92 View Post
    Purest? Danes are clearly the most british/northgerman/anglo-saxon shifted scandinavians.
    That kind of admixture falls steadily when you move up through Sweden and Norway.

Danes are still scandos, no question, but most "pure" is probably the area around Sweden/Norway southern border.
    I was implying the 'impurity' is usually understood as a Finnish/Saami influence. The Danes are super Germanic.

Last Online
    06-17-2020 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 328

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    I was implying the 'impurity' is usually understood as a Finnish/Saami influence. The Danes are super Germanic.
    Danes are the most pure scandinavians in that sense yes. I think your right. 100% North-Germanic.

(76.3% DK + 23.7% West_Russian @ 3.32)

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    Is that like a sort of scandinavian flag version of the UK flag?
    Cross looks kinda moved to the side.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Purest? Danes are clearly the most british/northgerman/anglo-saxon shifted scandinavians.
    That kind of admixture falls steadily when you move up through Sweden and Norway.

Danes are still scandos, no question, but most "pure" is probably the area around Sweden/Norway southern border.
    Is that admixture or just shifting, though? Being closer to Brits and Germans doesn't mean Danes necessarily have admixture from those regions. Do you think there was much mixing with North Germans? That would not surprise me.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Is that admixture or just shifting, though? Being closer to Brits and Germans doesn't mean Danes necessarily have admixture from those regions. Do you think there was much mixing with North Germans? That would not surprise me.
    No i didn't mean we have admixture "from there" Genetically, recent evidence seem to suggest that danish vikings and the danelaw, that danes did not bring back foreigners to their homeland. Danes did settle the british isles.
    But we were probably already similiar before the viking age, the vikings just added to that similiarity slightly. So no, admixture was not brought from britain to denmark. It's the other way around.

As for mixing with north germans.
    I mean in the last 1000 years, we have been building forts on the border etc. to protect us from the germans. So relations have been defensive for the most part.
    I actually think, the main gradient of north german vs. danish ethnics lies in the Schleswig region, which is now germany. Up from there it's pretty pure danish id say.

Last Online
    05-14-2022 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 104

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nittionia View Post
    Goes to show that Scandinavians are much more related to northwestern euros than a lot of people like to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    r u retarded?

Every fucking Brit on these kinds of forums loves to talk about "muh blonde viking ancestor " and "muh danelaw" and how "close" they are to Scandinavians. Imagine being so self-hating about your native iron-age Briton/Celtic origins that you need to cling to the fact that a few of your ancestors might have been rape children.

Anyway, incidentally I'm also for Zealand and my cluster, when removing Russian ancestry, is closer to Swedes first, then North Germans, then Norwegians. Other Danish kits I've monitored have followed similar suit. So genetically speaking, Danes are most similar to other Scandinavians IMO, and more in-depth DNA tests (i.e., ones that aren't carried out by freeware tools) confirm this as well, which I would be happy to reference upon request.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-12-2024 @ 06:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

No i didn't mean we have admixture "from there" Genetically, recent evidence seem to suggest that danish vikings and the danelaw, that danes did not bring back foreigners to their homeland. Danes did settle the british isles.
    But we were probably already similiar before the viking age, the vikings just added to that similiarity slightly. So no, admixture was not brought from britain to denmark. It's the other way around.

As for mixing with north germans.
    I mean in the last 1000 years, we have been building forts on the border etc. to protect us from the germans. So relations have been defensive for the most part.
    I actually think, the main gradient of north german vs. danish ethnics lies in the Schleswig region, which is now germany. Up from there it's pretty pure danish id say.
    That makes sense. In that case, Danes should be as purely Scandinavian as Norwegians. They're closer genetically to Britain only because Brits are part Danish.

In Schleswig-Holstein, haven't the two co-existed for centuries? I have ancestry from there, and it seems difficult to nail down what's German and what's Danish. Obviously, though, these were duchies and therefore different from the situation in Denmark proper.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicBoyars View Post
    r u retarded?

Every fucking Brit on these kinds of forums loves to talk about "muh blonde viking ancestor " and "muh danelaw" and how "close" they are to Scandinavians. Imagine being so self-hating about your native iron-age Briton/Celtic origins that you need to cling to the fact that a few of your ancestors might have been rape children.

Anyway, incidentally I'm also for Zealand and my cluster, when removing Russian ancestry, is closer to Swedes first, then North Germans, then Norwegians. Other Danish kits I've monitored have followed similar suit. So genetically speaking, Danes are most similar to other Scandinavians IMO, and more in-depth DNA tests (i.e., ones that aren't carried out by freeware tools) confirm this as well, which I would be happy to reference upon request.
    First part was pretty hilarious to read haha, kudos to you.
    Regarding the last part of your comment:
    There are defintely varying degrees of more northwest eu related admix and then scandinavian admix in pure danes. I've seen some get a 50/50 but also some get 100% scandi.
    For my case, 60-65% out of 75% of my danish ancestry is being recognized as scandinavian. So that's on the higher end for the most part.
    Just for illustrative purposes, this is my original K36 map without the 25% russian removed, as you can see im also more closely related to swedes and norwegians. Even more so than the 100% dane sample.

Last Online
    05-14-2022 @ 03:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic & Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Russian
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 104

0 Not allowed!

First part was pretty hilarious to read haha, kudos to you.
    Regarding the last part of your comment:
    There are defintely varying degrees of more northwest eu related admix and then scandinavian admix in pure danes. I've seen some get a 50/50 but also some get 100% scandi.
    For my case, 60-65% out of 75% of my danish ancestry is being recognized as scandinavian. So that's on the higher end for the most part.
    Just for illustrative purposes, this is my original K36 map without the 25% russian removed, as you can see im also more closely related to swedes and norwegians. Even more so than the 100% dane sample.
    The thing is, with your Polish ancestry not excluded, this actually makes more sense, and I think it might be an underlying issue with how the K36 similarity tool excludes selected groups. When you excluded whatever the EE sample, I think the took might have negatively impacted your Baltic/EE score, which alll Danes have to some degree by default, certainly much more than the Brits do, and I think that's what ultimately makes Scandinavians an identifiable and homogenous group when doing GEDMatch tests. In other words, artificially excluding part of your DNA which was majority Baltic/Slavic skewed the Danish result by perhaps removing too much of it, thus pulling your result towards the British Isles. I hope I explained that clearly, sorry if there's confusion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information