Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    I2a-PH908 is highest in Ikavian Croats, and majority of people in Dalmatia do not have Herzegovina origin, I don't know here this fantasies are coming from.
    Dalmatia has higher I2a than any place is Serbia.

But anyway, people from inner Dalmatia and Western Herzegovina are completely the same, separated by political border.
    Just like people from Eastern Herzegovina and Western Montenegro are the same.

Western and Eastern Herzegovina are not that much related. So it is no suprise east has quite lower I2a and increased E-V13.
    Almost all of mainland Dalmatians have BIH or at least partial BIH origin; your small islands aren't relevant. All of your islands put together aren't even a quarter of the population of a single city on the mainland.

Eastern Herzegovina still has over 40% I2a, close to 45% which is not low at all, and also has significant I1/R1A. Either way, let's not act like 71% I2a1b, with 0 clad diversity in Herzegovinian Croats is normal because it isn't, that's almost unheard of across Europe to have such little Y dna diversity. Obviously a shit ton of inbreeding happened from a very small number of people.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayetooey View Post
    Almost all of mainland Dalmatians have BIH or at least partial BIH origin; your small islands aren't relevant. All of your islands put together aren't even a quarter of the population of a single city on the mainland.

Eastern Herzegovina still has over 40% I2a, close to 45% which is not low at all, and also has significant I1/R1A. Either way, let's not act like 71% I2a1b, with 0 clad diversity in Herzegovinian Croats is normal because it isn't, that's almost unheard of across Europe to have such little Y dna diversity. Obviously a shit ton of inbreeding happened from a very small number of people.
    There is no Serbian region where is I2a lower than 30%, and in most of Serbian regions is over 35%.

On the other hand some Croatian regions are almost without I2a, like Cres where I2a is only 3%.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,319
    Given: 427

0 Not allowed!

Stop acting like inner Dalmatians and people from western BiH have any differences because they don't. Dalmatia is coast of Bosnia just like North Adriatic is coast of Panonnia.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    There is no Serbian region where is I2a lower than 30%, and in most of Serbian regions is over 35%.

On the other hand some Croatian regions are almost without I2a, like Cres where I2a is only 3%.
    Well Serbia was entirely Ottoman (except Vojvodina, but most people there are colonists) so population movement was free.
    Border between Habsburg, Venetian and Ottoman Croatia was very sharp and except refugees population remained separated for centuries obviously.

Since when is Cres a region ?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-11-2020 @ 03:40 AM
    Ethnicity
    Basarab Laiota
    Country
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    I2 (Carpathian)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,208
    Given: 1,745

1 Not allowed!

If you are inbreeding strongest race I2, than cmon that not even inbreeding, that is genetic superiority.

All these brothers make NBA Petrovic, Divac, Kukoc, Nurkic, Bogdanovic's, Teodosic, Jokic, Zizic, Zubac, Musa, Stojakovic, Marjanovic, Pavlovic, Jaric, etc, etc, etc, Cedi Osman..

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Stop acting like inner Dalmatians and people from western BiH have any differences because they don't. Dalmatia is coast of Bosnia just like North Adriatic is coast of Panonnia.
    They are different because both Croatians and Serbs from Zagora don't originally use voice H, and coastal Dalmatians use H at least chakavians.

My ancestors used words without H such us: Smij (laugh), Grija (sin), Gra (beans), Snaa (snaha), Artija, Aljina, Ercegovina, Mavati (mahati), Oras (orah)...
    Somethimes H is totally removed, and somethimes became J, V or S.

Zagora people don't had voince F as well, my ancestors used words: Vratar (fratar), Vritule (fritule), Pilip (Filip)...

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    They are different because both Croatians and Serbs from Zagora don't originally use voice H, and coastal Dalmatians use H at least chakavians.

My ancestors used words without H such us: Smij (laugh), Grija (sin), Gra (beans), Snaa (snaha), Artija, Aljina, Ercegovina, Mavati (mahati), Oras (orah)...
    Somethimes H is totally removed, and somethimes became J, V or S.

Zagora people don't had voince F as well, my ancestors used words: Vratar (fratar), Vritule (fritule), Pilip (Filip)...
    If you watch dialects, Croatia like Slovenia has extremel dialect differences - every village different dialect. Zlarin dialect of čakavian is entirely diffrent from čakavian on nearby other Islands not to mention North Adriatic čakavian-like entirely different languages. Same for Kajkavian - one in Podravina is completely different than one in Gorski kotar and they can't really understand each other. In Slovenia the same.

Štokavian is pretty boring dialect and bland, other than jat reflex it lacks diversity but that's because now we use neo-Štokavian which is artifical made language for Pan-Yugoslav purposes.
    Last edited by Adam Janossy; 04-24-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

If you watch dialects, Croatia like Slovenia has extremel dialect differences - every village different dialect. Zlarin dialect of čakavian is entirely diffrent from čakavian on nearby other Islands not to mention North Adriatic čakavian
    -like entirely different languages. Same for Kajkavian - one in Podravina is completely different than one in Gorski kotar and they can't really understand each other. In Slovenia the same.

Štokavian is pretty boring dialect and bland, other than jat reflex it lacks diversity but that's because now we use neo-Štokavian which is artifical made language for Pan-Yugoslav purposes.
    Ignoring of voice H is typical for Dinaric shtokavians, except Dinaric Muslims. Non-Dinaric shtokavian use voice H.
    "Oj curice iz Šujice aljine ti do guzice..." Some funny video of some Croatian Dinaric taliban from Livno-Duvno area.

Dalmatian chakavian is heavy shtokavian influenced. Chakavian in the purest form is on the islands of northern Adriatic, like in songs of Duško Jeličić.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information