Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who were the first people to describe themselves as Aryans?

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

0 Not allowed!

Default Who were the first people to describe themselves as Aryans?

According to wikipedia it is closely associated with the Indo-Iranians. But there were many Indo Iranian cultures, the earlier ones were quite European like genetically and later ones were very different.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

1 Not allowed!

Probably Andronovo or Sintashta. The first Aryans were Scandinavian-like, but their modern descendants are all mixed with neolithic middle eastern, central asian and native south asian blood.

It's a similar process as the one with Greeks and Romans: they were mostly neolithic even if they carried the language, culture and consciousness passed by their paternal IE ancestors.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Probably Andronovo or Sintashta. The first Aryans were Scandinavian-like, but their modern descendants are all mixed with neolithic middle eastern, central asian and native south asian blood.

It's a similar process as the one with Greeks and Romans: they were mostly neolithic even if they carried the language, culture and consciousness passed by their paternal IE ancestors.
    Is Sintashta basically a predecessor of Andronovo? Or was it part of it Andronovo? I can't get a clear answer from some online sources.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-02-2024 @ 06:45 PM
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,527
    Given: 3,308

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Is Sintashta basically a predecessor of Andronovo? Or was it part of it Andronovo? I can't get a clear answer from some online sources.
    Yeah. Genetically they’re the same. The earlier Indo European people were EHG Ike, but later CHG and EEF (via Corded Ware) got incorporated to form Sintashta/Andronovo. That’s why you see Med admixture in Sintashta.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NPKTO View Post
    Yeah. Genetically they’re the same. The earlier Indo European people were EHG Ike, but later CHG and EEF (via Corded Ware) got incorporated to form Sintashta/Andronovo. That’s why you see Med admixture in Sintashta.
    The early IE people were a mix of EHG and CHG. Corded ware is identical to Sintashta, Sintashta is just an eastern offshoot. I think what you may have been saying is that WHG and EEF came from Globular Amphora/neolithic European farmers?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

The early IE people were a mix of EHG and CHG. Corded ware is identical to Sintashta, Sintashta is just an eastern offshoot. I think what you may have been saying is that WHG and EEF came from Globular Amphora/neolithic European farmers?
    Yeah that’s basically it. I meant to say Globular Amphora. I think EHG is Porto-Indo European. EHG + CHG (Yamnaya) was Indo European. BTW, EHG also carries a lot of WHG. But later EEF folks also got incorporated via Globular Amphora. I think folks that came down to South Asia were Andronovo type folks, hence you see Med admixture along with NE Euro in Brahmins. However Med could’ve also come thru trade (particularly for South/West Indians).

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yeah that’s basically it. I meant to say Globular Amphora. I think EHG is Porto-Indo European. EHG + CHG (Yamnaya) was Indo European. BTW, EHG also carries a lot of WHG. But later EEF folks also got incorporated via Globular Amphora. I think folks that came down to South Asia were Andronovo type folks, hence you see Med admixture along with NE Euro in Brahmins. However Med could’ve also come thru trade (particularly for South/West Indians).
    Do you know what sites contsitute Andronovo? Krasnoyarsk is one of them I believe

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Do you know what sites contsitute Andronovo? Krasnoyarsk is one of them I believe
    This website has every information about Andronovo.
    https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/and..._culture.shtml

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

1 Not allowed!

yeah this is the case with kerala. even most of their mid castes have ne euro, caucasian, and med. It came from the syrian/arab traders and missionaries.

The med in brahmins, northern south asians might have come from the andronov. med is almost nonexistent in non brahmanic castes in the region, besides kerala and nw indians ofcourse. but siberian is there as well among most upper castes in decent amounts, many times more than the med.. Did andronovo have high east asian type pull as well like the sintashta?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    yeah this is the case with kerala. even most of their mid castes have ne euro, caucasian, and med. It came from the syrian christians, arab traders/missionaries.

The med in brahmins, northern south asians might have come from the andronov. med is almost nonexistent in non brahmanic castes in the region, besides kerala and nw indians ofcourse. but siberian is there as well among most upper castes in decent amounts, many times more than the med.. Did andronovo have high east asian type pull as well like the sintashta?
    Well the case with Kerala is that inflated med/SW Asian definitely could come from traders/missionaries from west Asia but the NE-Euro and Caucasian not necessarily. I think it's just that mid castes in that area have had admixture from Indo-Aryans which is not found in mid-castes from other areas, such as Andhra or TN.

Siberian is just ANE which is found all over South Asia from tribals to upper castes. I dont know how much Sintashta had vs. Andronovo vs Iran_N. I will check soon and come back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information