Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask People From the United States About the United States (Take 2)

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    hello americanos, how are you doing today? My questions: answer as many or as few as you want

- Do you like environmental regulation? Do you want more or less?
    - Thoughts on the american healthcare system?

Would you prefer to keep the current system or switch to a universal single payer system(canada/uk) a universal insurance system (france/ndl) or a state owned and operated but privately payed system (Singapore/?Japan)?

-Thoughts on Donald Trump?

Thoughts on Trumps:

1. Tax cuts? Do you feel they helped the economy or just raked up the deficit and shifted the tax burden to the middle class in the long run?
    2. Foreign policy?
    3. Immigration reform?

- Do you like driving or would you prefer more European style public transportation/bike lanes?
    -Yes I like environmental regulation. I don't see why there would be any reason to destroy the environment, which is something that companies will inevitably do if they are able to get away with it. I'd like to see more of it.

-The healthcare system is broken. Most of us are severely overpaying for no reason. I don't know too much about this topic tbh, but anyone can say the status quo is unsustainable. Id say a single payer system is probably better.

As far as politicians go Im mostly apathetic towards Donald Trump. Yes he is an embarrassment and mentally unstable but so far he hasn't done much politically that's much different from a regular politician. I doubt many people have felt a huge change since the Obama years.

-I'm against any tax cuts for the ultra wealthy and think it will only harm the country
    -Donald Trump's foreign policy is hard to comprehend. He's flip flopped a ton on Syria, from saying we need to stop arming the rebels to saying Assad was a monster, attacking the Syrian regime, and threatening further strikes. I don't like how he let Saudi Arabia get away with killing a journalist. I think we need a pragmatic approach to foreign policy which few politicians seem to have-react when necessary but don't overdo it.
    -Building the wall won't work but I really do think that immigration from some areas should be highly restricted or banned outright. Illegal immigration is just the tip of the iceberg.

I like driving and cant imagine living any differently. But I suppose if I grew up using public transportation I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,321
    Given: 9,885

3 Not allowed!

Do americans think they are superior to others?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Germanin View Post
    Yes

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Good luck figuring me out...
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,244
    Given: 7,801

1 Not allowed!

In the case of Trump's individual policies, the tax cut was Paul Ryan's idea. I saw about a 3% pay raise or equivalent I think from it, but we'll see once I get my refund or what ends up happening at tax time. So it was noticeable, but nothing all that big for me. As far as foreign policy, he is all over the place. The immigration system needs to be reformed, but this needed to happen in the first two years of his presidency. With Dems in control of the House, forget it.

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

1 Not allowed!

No Canada is superior.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

3 Not allowed!

Can't say I do personally contrary to outside perceptions; I don't see myself any differently than anyone else. It is simply that our politicians are war-mongers who represent their own self interests (oil, strategic foreign puppets who represent American interests, tangible commodities to further elitist wealth, etc.) and the American military complex is its own autonomous, self-sustaining entity that decides its own interests separate from the interests of the country/citizens themselves. The American military being akin to the Federal Reserve, Hollywood, Wall-Street, etc.; a self-sustaining entity that has enough independent finances and influence to make their own personal decisions that is grounded in their own self interests. Hence, American citizens are simply pawns in these self destructive campaigns to destroy and implode the country in unreasonable, foreign campaigns under the pseudonym of 'American Imperialism.'
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

1 Not allowed!

No. they just think that their way of life is superior to others.

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    -Yes I like environmental regulation. I don't see why there would be any reason to destroy the environment, which is something that companies will inevitably do if they are able to get away with it. I'd like to see more of it.

-The healthcare system is broken. Most of us are severely overpaying for no reason. I don't know too much about this topic tbh, but anyone can say the status quo is unsustainable. Id say a single payer system is probably better.

As far as politicians go Im mostly apathetic towards Donald Trump. Yes he is an embarrassment and mentally unstable but so far he hasn't done much politically that's much different from a regular politician. I doubt many people have felt a huge change since the Obama years.

-I'm against any tax cuts for the ultra wealthy and think it will only harm the country
    -Donald Trump's foreign policy is hard to comprehend. He's flip flopped a ton on Syria, from saying we need to stop arming the rebels to saying Assad was a monster, attacking the Syrian regime, and threatening further strikes. I don't like how he let Saudi Arabia get away with killing a journalist. I think we need a pragmatic approach to foreign policy which few politicians seem to have-react when necessary but don't overdo it.
    -Building the wall won't work but I really do think that immigration from some areas should be highly restricted or banned outright. Illegal immigration is just the tip of the iceberg.

I like driving and cant imagine living any differently. But I suppose if I grew up using public transportation I wouldn't be opposed to it.
    Thankyou for taking the time to answer my questions rare Apricity Lefty.

Healthcare is complex, but there are solutions that align well with republican values of choice, efficiency, liberty, individuality. Sean Flynn (R) lays out the case for a Singapore system in this video quite nicely. Such a system involved people having healthcare accounts they pay into every month or so, they can only spend this on healthcare but have choice and freedom to shop around driving competition while allowing for consumer choice. The government subsidies some of their treatment costs and controls supply giving people collective bargaining power over prices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp3veAd234

Tax cuts for the ultra wealth can be a good thing for the economy, but I think in Trumps case all it did was rack up the deficit and increase the % share of taxes being payed for by the middle class. Of course, cutting taxes without spending is just delaying taxes, not really cutting them. But sufficient economic growth may make his cuts worth it.

He seems to have softened on Immigration, from nationalist to neocon real quick.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    Thankyou for taking the time to answer my questions rare Apricity Lefty.

Healthcare is complex, but there are solutions that align well with republican values of choice, efficiency, liberty, individuality. Sean Flynn (R) lays out the case for a Singapore system in this video quite nicely. Such a system involved people having healthcare accounts they pay into every month or so, they can only spend this on healthcare but have choice and freedom to shop around driving competition while allowing for consumer choice. The government subsidies some of their treatment costs and controls supply giving people collective bargaining power over prices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRp3veAd234

Tax cuts for the ultra wealth can be a good thing for the economy, but I think in Trumps case all it did was rack up the deficit and increase the % share of taxes being payed for by the middle class. Of course, cutting taxes without spending is just delaying taxes, not really cutting them. But sufficient economic growth may make his cuts worth it.

He seems to have softened on Immigration, from nationalist to neocon real quick.
    I'm not really a lefty at all. I'm more centrist leaning apolitical. If you took all my positions on issues this would be more obvious but anyway to address your points, I don't really know or care what the best system is, I just happen to think the one we have is crap as do most people. Something that works for a country with a small number of people may not work in the US, I understand that.

No, I think with the way that wealth is distributed in America, tax cuts would do more harm than good. If there was less wealth disparity this might be the case, but with the amount of money these people have it's only shooting ourselves in the foot to give them tax breaks. They have more money than they will ever need, it's not like it'll ruin their business operations or whatever.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,125
    Given: 11,132

0 Not allowed!

Only to everyone else in the Americas.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information