Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 194

Thread: Y-chromosome haplogroups from Hun,Avar & conquering Hungarian period people of the Carpathian Basin

  1. #11
    Senior Member ph2ter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Location
    Zagreb
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic + Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Zagreb
    Y-DNA
    I-A815
    Gender
    Posts
    371
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 466/1
    Given: 109/0

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    Ah yeah, true. I copied what Radek/Waldemar wrote without checking. Fixed it now.

    =====



    I don't know why do they claim that I2a is Cucuteni-Trypillian?

    All of the Cucuteni-Trypillian samples so far were G2a, not I2a:

    https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map.../49.449/30.072

    I1926 Trypillian Ukraine
    mtDNA: H5a
    Y-DNA: G2a2b2a

    I1927 Trypillian Ukraine
    mtDNA: H1b
    Y-DNA: G2a2b2a1a1b1a1a1

    I2110 Trypillian Ukraine
    mtDNA: T2b
    Y-DNA: G2a2b2a
    This nonsense will never end. And in scientific papers also...

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Gender
    Posts
    1,220
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,311/31
    Given: 439/41

    7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    This is final nail to the coffin about Finno-Ugric genetic origin of Hungarian conquerors. Looks like only language was FU while genetics, mostly Turkic. Congrats to Turul Karom because this study gives lot of credit to his ideas

    "Population genetic data rather position the Conqueror elite among Turkic groups, Bashkirs and Volga Tatars, in agreement with contemporary historical accounts which denominated the Conquerors as Turks"


    The uniform paternal lineages of the small Karos3 (19 graves) and Magyarhomorog (17 graves) cemeteries approve patrilinear organization of these communities. The identical I2a1a2b Hg-s of Magyarhomorog individuals appears to be frequent among high-ranking Conquerors, as the most distinguished graves in the Karos2 and 3 cemeteries also belong to this lineage. The Karos2 and Karos3 leaders were brothers with identical mitogenomes 11 and Ychromosomal STR profiles (Fóthi unpublished). The Sárrétudvari commoner cemetery seems distinct from the others, containing other sorts of European Hg-s. Available Y-chromosomal and mtDNA data 11 from this cemetery suggest that common people of the 10th century rather represented resident population than newcomers.

    Most elite graves - I2a

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Yaglakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 08:40 PM
    Location
    Beneath the blue sky
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Altaic
    Ethnicity
    Uyğur
    Ancestry
    Toquz Oğuz (Uyğur, Yağma), Qarluq, Tohri, Sogdu, Moghul
    Country
    Kazakhstan
    Y-DNA
    Q-M242
    mtDNA
    H91
    Taxonomy
    Mongrel
    Politics
    Mängü Täŋri Küchündä
    Gender
    Posts
    1,218
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 549/74
    Given: 213/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    There is also Avar mtdna paper. Inner Asian maternal genetic origin of the Avar period nomadic elite in the 7th century AD Carpathian Basin

    https://www.researchgate.net/publica...rpathian_Basin




  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Gender
    Posts
    1,220
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,311/31
    Given: 439/41

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    No N1c!!! Edit: N1c = N1a (new nomenclature!!!)

    All N-Hg-s identified in the Avars and Conquerors belonged to N1a1a-M178. We have tested 7 subclades of M178; N1a1a2-B187, N1a1a1a2-B211, N1a1a1a1a3-B197, N1a1a1a1a4-M2118, N1a1a1a1a1a-VL29, N1a1a1a1a2-Z1936 and the N1a1a1a1a2a1c1-L1034 subbranch of Z1936. The European subclades VL29 and Z1936 could be excluded in most cases, while the rest of the subclades are prevalent in Siberia 23 from where this Hg dispersed in a counter-clockwise migratory route to Europe (…). All the 5 other Avar samples belonged to N1a1a1a1a3-B197, which is most prevalent in Chukchi, Buryats, Eskimos, Koryaks and appears among Tuvans and Mongols with lower frequency.

    By contrast two Conquerors belonged to N1a1a1a1a4-M2118, the Y lineage of nearly all Yakut males, being also frequent in Evenks, Evens and occurring with lower frequency among Khantys, Mansis and Kazakhs.

    Three Conqueror samples belonged to Hg N1a1a1a1a2-Z1936 , the Finno-Permic N1a branch, being most frequent among northeastern European Saami, Finns, Karelians, as well as Komis, Volga Tatars and Bashkirs of the Volga-Ural region.Nevertheless this Hg is also present with lower frequency among Karanogays, Siberian Nenets, Khantys, Mansis, Dolgans, Nganasans, and Siberian Tatars.

    The west Eurasian R1a1a1b1a2b-CTS1211 subclade of R1a is most frequent in Eastern Europe especially among Slavic people. This Hg was detected just in the Conqueror group (K2/18, K2/41 and K1/10). Though CTS1211 was not covered in K2/36 but it may also belong to this sub-branch of Z283.

    Hg I2a1a2b-L621 was present in 5 Conqueror samples, and a 6th sample form Magyarhomorog (MH/9) most likely also belongs here, as MH/9 is a likely kin of MH/16 (see below). This Hg of European origin is most prominent in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, especially among Slavic speaking groups.
    Last edited by Adam Janossy; 04-04-2019 at 08:21 PM.

  5. #15
    g dawg
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Mr.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    1/2 Hungarian (Dad) + German w/ minor British Isles (Mom)
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N-Y17696
    mtDNA
    H1e1a
    Hero
    Dna8
    Gender
    Posts
    3,940
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,913/6
    Given: 4,623/0

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    No N1c!!!

    All N-Hg-s identified in the Avars and Conquerors belonged to N1a1a-M178. We have tested 7 subclades of M178; N1a1a2-B187, N1a1a1a2-B211, N1a1a1a1a3-B197, N1a1a1a1a4-M2118, N1a1a1a1a1a-VL29, N1a1a1a1a2-Z1936 and the N1a1a1a1a2a1c1-L1034 subbranch of Z1936. The European subclades VL29 and Z1936 could be excluded in most cases, while the rest of the subclades are prevalent in Siberia 23 from where this Hg dispersed in a counter-clockwise migratory route to Europe (…). All the 5 other Avar samples belonged to N1a1a1a1a3-B197, which is most prevalent in Chukchi, Buryats, Eskimos, Koryaks and appears among Tuvans and Mongols with lower frequency.

    By contrast two Conquerors belonged to N1a1a1a1a4-M2118, the Y lineage of nearly all Yakut males, being also frequent in Evenks, Evens and occurring with lower frequency among Khantys, Mansis and Kazakhs.

    Three Conqueror samples belonged to Hg N1a1a1a1a2-Z1936 , the Finno-Permic N1a branch, being most frequent among northeastern European Saami, Finns, Karelians, as well as Komis, Volga Tatars and Bashkirs of the Volga-Ural region.Nevertheless this Hg is also present with lower frequency among Karanogays, Siberian Nenets, Khantys, Mansis, Dolgans, Nganasans, and Siberian Tatars.

    The west Eurasian R1a1a1b1a2b-CTS1211 subclade of R1a is most frequent in Eastern Europe especially among Slavic people. This Hg was detected just in the Conqueror group (K2/18, K2/41 and K1/10). Though CTS1211 was not covered in K2/36 but it may also belong to this sub-branch of Z283.

    Hg I2a1a2b-L621 was present in 5 Conqueror samples, and a 6th sample form Magyarhomorog (MH/9) most likely also belongs here, as MH/9 is a likely kin of MH/16 (see below). This Hg of European origin is most prominent in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, especially among Slavic speaking groups.
    N1c is now referred to as N1a. It's the same thing. My particular N haplo subclade is downstream of VL29, which was apparently found among the conquerors according to the above. However, I'm not sure if my subclade arrived with the conquerors or a migration out of the Baltic. Apparently both scenarios are possible but I think an arrival from the Baltic is more likely for my particular brand of N.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Gender
    Posts
    1,220
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,311/31
    Given: 439/41

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    N1c is now referred to as N1a. It's the same thing. My particular N haplo subclade is downstream of VL29, which was apparently found among the conquerors according to the above. However, I'm not sure if my subclade arrived with the conquerors or a migration out of the Baltic. Apparently both scenarios are possible but I think an arrival from the Baltic is more likely for my particular brand of N.
    Thank you, we just discussed this possibility because I never heard about N1a before. In that case dual conquest theory still could be true. The hypotesis:
    Hungarian Finno-Ugric language arrived with Avars who were mostly N and very Siberian genetically, while conqueror elite was Turkic and non-Hungarian speaking.

    Stears supports this theory.

    https://journals.library.ualberta.ca...icle/view/7/17

    I hate when they change nomenclature! It creates great deal of confusion.

  7. #17
    g dawg
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Mr.G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    1/2 Hungarian (Dad) + German w/ minor British Isles (Mom)
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    N-Y17696
    mtDNA
    H1e1a
    Hero
    Dna8
    Gender
    Posts
    3,940
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4,913/6
    Given: 4,623/0

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    Thank you, we just discussed this possibility because I never heard about N1a before. In that case dual conquest theory still could be true. The hypotesis:
    Hungarian Finno-Ugric language arrived with Avars who were mostly N and very Siberian genetically, while conqueror elite was Turkic and non-Hungarian speaking.

    Stears supports this theory.
    Yes, I like this theory as well.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Dick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a3
    Posts
    19,388
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 32,550/214
    Given: 23,134/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo View Post
    Hungarian Finno-Ugric language arrived with Avars who were mostly N and very Siberian genetically, while conqueror elite was Turkic and non-Hungarian speaking.
    [/I]
    So the ancient people in modern day Hungary were already speaking finno-ugric "magyar" before the Magyars showed up??
    .

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Gender
    Posts
    1,220
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,311/31
    Given: 439/41

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    So the ancient people in modern day Hungary were already speaking finno-ugric "magyar" before the Magyars showed up??
    Yes, the theory is Avars were Hungarian speakers and looking at their genetics it really could be (Siberian autosomally, N haplogroup dominance).

  10. #20
    Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Ayetooey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Earth
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Black African
    Ethnicity
    Vlach + Celtic
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    75
    Gender
    Posts
    7,640
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9,257/157
    Given: 9,020/427

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    So whats with the I2a? Assimilated Slavs who were already present in Hungary, or did these clades come from the east with these Hun/Avars?
    ILLYRIAN,41.2
    CENTRAL-EUROPEAN-PONTIC,21.8
    BALTIC,15
    PONTIC-BALTIC,10.4
    PONTIC,5.6
    IBERIAN,5.4
    LEVANTINE,0.6

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. slovaks and slovenes - same people before avar/hungarian invasion ?
    By Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić in forum Ethno-Cultural Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 02-28-2019, 12:44 AM
  2. Subraces and faces of old Carpathian Basin
    By Kis_Kócos in forum Magyarország
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2019, 11:24 PM
  3. Prehistoric migrations through the Mediterranean basin shaped Corsican Y-chromosome diversity
    By Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas in forum DNA Scientific Papers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2019, 07:24 AM
  4. Distribution of Y-chromosome DNA (Y-DNA) haplogroups of ethnic Macedonians
    By Crn Volk in forum Северна Македонија
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-02-2018, 06:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •