Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,494
    Given: 731

1 Not allowed!

Rock music is too much associated with White American culture, and since in the last 30 years, the US is experiencing a massive inclusive-progressive cultural shift, in terms of pushing forward more non-White music, movies, celebrities, artists, it is losing its popularity among 2020s youth
    We do not drink Coca-Cola three hours before a match

Banned
    Last Online
    04-22-2021 @ 04:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Progrockoid + minor hippieoid
    Politics
    I don't care that much, just let me live
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 387
    Given: 279

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueState View Post
    Rock music is too much associated with White American culture, and since in the last 30 years, the US is experiencing a massive inclusive-progressive cultural shift, in terms of pushing forward more non-White music, movies, celebrities, artists, it is losing its popularity among 2020s youth
    Then why blacks were not interested in playing rock for a very long time?
    Maybe there were more complex reasons than being mostly into rap?
    I just asked the question, because I want the next James Brown or Chuck Berry. In 70s, 80s there was practically no black rock/metal music, sadly.
    Ok, I can name e.g. Death (the punk band), Black Death, Sound Barrier etc. But that's just about all.
    Also, it's not good, when I see all those black YouTubers discovering the rock music after the fact they stopped existing. But I guess, better late than never.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunai View Post
    The doomer and regressive attitude in this thread about what "real Rock" supposes to be, and whether it has long died, while year after year there are so many exciting and interesting new takes on this genre. You just have to look around a little bit more, since the mainstream channels won't provide you interesting new Rock. I really love the classics, and have a big respect for what they done, but it's not like that's all that Rock supposes to be. Rock should be without borders, and I always find it highly exciting when it's being mixed and pushed to new boundaries.
    I have to agree with you, here. I think more rock bands singing in different languages sĥould be discovered.
    I dream of takeover of rock music by Esperantists or other conlangists.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,531
    Given: 24,991

3 Not allowed!

The doomer and regressive attitude in this thread about what "real Rock" supposes to be, and whether it has long died, while year after year there are so many exciting and interesting new takes on this genre. You just have to look around a little bit more, since the mainstream channels won't provide you interesting new Rock. I really love the classics, and have a big respect for what they done, but it's not like that's all that Rock supposes to be. Rock should be without borders, and I always find it highly exciting when it's being mixed and pushed to new boundaries.
    I guess what has changed was that it used to be delivered to our doorstep, it existed in the mainstream. For the most part we have to go and hunt for it, now. Why don't those mainstream channels provide us with interesting new rock? They should.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-23-2022 @ 01:59 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ancestry
    Historic Hungary/Holy Roman Empire
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    R-M417 (8700 ybp)
    mtDNA
    H10-a T16093C (9000 ybp)
    Politics
    Green Left
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,864
    Given: 444

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I guess what has changed was that it used to be delivered to our doorstep, it existed in the mainstream. For the most part we have to go and hunt for it, now. Why don't those mainstream channels provide us with interesting new rock? They should.
    Since music video channels aren't a thing anymore, being replaced by YouTube, and radio is being replaced more and more by Spotify and Apple Music, it's no wonder you will barely get any Rock in the mainstream anymore. In all current internet alternative channels you, as the listener have to seek out new music, hence I doubt too many people are actively seeking out to listen to Rock in this age. I've been to a few music festivals in recent years and I noticed how much do popular current rappers attract a young audience to their stage, since Rap feels like the new Rock, while major, legacy Rock acts mostly have middle aged and older folks at their stage. Personally I'm perfectly okay with Rock becoming more of a niche genre, since I don't really care about popularity when I listen to music, I always love to do my own searching for new music anyways.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Esperantist
    Ancestry
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    L.L. Zamenhof
    Religion
    Atheist-Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Since music video channels aren't a thing anymore, being replaced by YouTube, and radio is being replaced more and more by Spotify and Apple Music, it's no wonder you will barely get any Rock in the mainstream anymore. In all current internet alternative channels you, as the listener have to seek out new music, hence I doubt too many people are actively seeking out to listen to Rock in this age. I've been to a few music festivals in recent years and I noticed how much do popular current rappers attract a young audience to their stage, since Rap feels like the new Rock, while major, legacy Rock acts mostly have middle aged and older folks at their stage. Personally I'm perfectly okay with Rock becoming more of a niche genre, since I don't really care about popularity when I listen to music, I always love to do my own searching for new music anyways.
    I think you might be right. Now, sorry I would sound cliche here, but I was born in a wrong generation.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information