Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Light eyes map of Europe (detail, scientifically backed)

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders ( Koninkjrik België )
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    60% Borreby with strong 40% Keltic Nordid admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,208
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Yeah, I have two cousins (sisters) who are natural blondes and brown-eyed like her. While I have blue eyes and brown hair which is considered dark by Swedish standards... though in actuality it is rather light brown and can look blondish outdoors in the sun. I've surprised a few people in my lifetime that I had blue eyes with my hair colour because in their minds, you have to be blond to be blue-eyed. I think brown eyes with blond hair goes pretty unnoticed. It is when you have brown hair and eyes that it starts getting a bit "exotic".
    It really depends how blonde they are. Someone with the darker blonde shades and brown eyes would be less noticed. However someone with light blonde hair and pure brown eyes look very weird to me. Additionally, I think the blonde - brown eyes types is most commonly found in Central and Eastern Europe than in Scandinavia. In the same way, a person with jet black hair and bright blue eyes look strange to me. I didn’t say dark brown but jet black hair.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    The English are predominantly Celtic in origin with some Germanic admixture. They're not purely Germanic and they're not mainly/mostly Germanic either, far from it. East Germans are a bit of a strange case, having seen their results, they're like 50-60% Germanic+40-50% Slavic. Germans outside of East Germany though are far more Germanic though. There was this girl who posted from North Rhine Westphalia and she plotted very close to the Danes and was pure Germanic and NRW is the most populous state of Germany by far.
    No population today is purely Germanic. The English are essentially Germanic with some Celtic admixture, while the Germans have Baltic, Celtic and Slavic admixtures depending from which region they originate from. Germans are not fully (100%) like the Ancient Germanic tribes ( Germania ) who originated in Scandinavia. Although England is not the most Germanic nation in the world, but is essentially Germanic. The Netherlands on the other hand is the most Germanic nation in the world ( Paternal lineages basis ).
    In terms of rank, these are the most Germanic nations in Europe (based on paternal lineages) :
    1) The Netherlands
    2) Iceland
    3) Belgium & Sweden
    4) Denmark
    5) Norway
    6) England & Germany
    7) Austria
    8) Finland
    9) The Czech Republic
    10) Switzerland
    11) France
    12) Slovakia
    13) Poland
    Celtic admixture among the English increased red or reddish hair at a higher level than what is normal in most Germanic groups, with exception of Iceland (for historical reasons). Despite being very Germanic, Iceland still retains strong Celtic strains as it has a very high ratio of red hair. This is because the Celtic ancestry there hails mostly from Scotland and Ireland.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Weaner
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,144
    Given: 2,085

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    You are being ridiculous right now. Obviously if one separated the blondest - haired parts of the Netherlands such as Friesland and Groningen or the blondest - haired parts of Germany such as Schleswig - Holstein and the northwest. Frisians can be placed among Europe's blondest. It is still dark blond hair that's the most frequent blond type here by far. The ratio will be higher than England's national average, however there are English counties just as fair as Friesland (L. Bertil). Light brown hair isn't rare in England, it's the most common hair colour in England and Scotland. I've always been suspicious about Beddoe. When it comes to eye colour, it's a different story, England's more comparable especially the center, the northeast and Yorkshires. As we can see in the British Isles, the most Germanic parts are not the lightest - eyed, but are the blondest - haired. Similarly the least red-haired parts are in the most Germanic regions of England. Additionally the palest - complected and most freckled British are least common in the Germanic parts. The contradiction that you brought is, how can one call the palest Europeans, dark - featured? That's nonsense.
    You have to take into account the French_IA admixture which contributes to darker pigmentation. This component is strongest in the East of England even though that area is also on the high end of Germanic (England EMA CNE) admixture. Yorkshire and the Northeast are closer to Iron Age Scandinavia than East Anglia for example. These regions are actually both lighter haired and lighter eyed than the East of England. Even so, these lightest featured areas of England are darker haired and eyed than the groups on the continent even closer to Iron Age Scandinavia.

Distance to: Denmark_IA.SG
    0.02287236 Frisian_Germany
    0.02366787 Danish
    0.02373991 Frisian_Netherlands
    0.02446381 Dutch_North
    0.02466871 Dutch_Groningen
    0.02534767 German_Lower_Saxony
    0.02546148 German_Schleswig-Holstein
    0.02816511 Dutch_North+Central
    0.02831449 Dutch_North_Holland
    0.02877278 Dutch_Overijssel
    0.03048438 Dutch_Gelderland
    0.03067791 English_Northeast
    0.03100110 English_West_Midlands
    0.03130311 Dutch_Central
    0.03196806 English_West_Country
    0.03217106 Dutch
    0.03232456 Dutch_South_Holland
    0.03255771 English_Lancashire
    0.03330475 English_East_England
    0.03369017 English_Southeast
    0.03387566 Frisian_Netherlands_o
    0.03402378 English
    0.03468722 Dutch_Central+South
    0.03484947 English_Southwest
    0.03581218 Dutch_North_Brabant

In neither England nor Scotland is that fair brownish color Scandinavians call rĺttfärgat or leverpostej the dominant shade. Light to dark chestnut shades which is category B in Beddoe's classification is more common. Bertil Lundman in his maps counted chestnut Fischer shade #7 as light hair, but that is not a consistent delineation. With the Fischer-Saller scale the fair range A-O is lighter than chestnut and represents the majority of populations closest to Iron Age Scandinavia.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 06-11-2024 at 04:04 AM.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:12 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    celtic
    Ethnicity
    caucasian
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I'm not saying that the British are 34% pure brown eyes, the percentage of unmixed brown eyes is 21%, the remaining 13% are greenish eyes mixed with brown and dark green, 66% are pure unmixed light eyes, I repeat 34% includes 21% pure brown and 13% dark green and green tones mixed with brown

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 467

0 Not allowed!

It really depends how blonde they are. Someone with the darker blonde shades and brown eyes would be less noticed. However someone with light blonde hair and pure brown eyes look very weird to me. Additionally, I think the blonde - brown eyes types is most commonly found in Central and Eastern Europe than in Scandinavia. In the same way, a person with jet black hair and bright blue eyes look strange to me. I didn’t say dark brown but jet black hair.
    Lundborg and Linders reported that 5% of Sweden's population had brown eyes and 8.1% mixed eyes. 25% had medium brown hair (they grouped light brown which they reported over 60% had as fair hair). 8% were designated as dark mixed types, i.e. they had either brown hair and dark eyes or they had dark hair and light eyes. 25% were medium dark types, meaning that they had either brown hair and light eyes or light hair and dark eyes; most in this group were probably the former. So the combination of being a natural blond(e) with brown eyes is probably not so very common in Sweden.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2843566

4) Those having a light eye colour and brown head hair, and those having a dark eye colour and light head hair, have been designated medium dark types. The latter, like the light eyes types, are sure to have a rather strong admixture of Nordic race.

5) Those having a dark eye colour and brown head hair, or a light eye colour and dark head hair, have been designtated dark mixed types.

6) Those having both a dark eye colour and dark head hair have been designated dark types.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sofiagris View Post
    I'm not saying that the British are 34% pure brown eyes, the percentage of unmixed brown eyes is 21%, the remaining 13% are greenish eyes mixed with brown and dark green, 66% are pure unmixed light eyes, I repeat 34% includes 21% pure brown and 13% dark green and green tones mixed with brown
    You’re being confusing. Your figure of 21% unmixed brown eyes is way too high for the British Isles and other British-descended Whites of Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Studies have already showed that very brown eyes ( Martin Scale 1 and 2) are of no significant importance. Light eyes are blue, gray, green, other lighter shades of hazel.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Weaner
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You’re being confusing. Your figure of 21% unmixed brown eyes is way too high for the British Isles and other British-descended Whites of Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Studies have already showed that very brown eyes ( Martin Scale 1 and 2) are of no significant importance. Light eyes are blue, gray, green, other lighter shades of hazel.
    That 21% is for Martin #1-6 and includes dark-mixed. For pure brown Martin #1-4 it is closer to 11% for British populations based on the work of Grieve and Morant. Sofia is only counting bluish/greyish eyes (not green-brown) with or without mixture (Martin #9-16) as light in that 66%.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Finnmark
    Politics
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,613
    Given: 467

1 Not allowed!

Where would you say my eye colour places itself on the Martin-Schultz scale?

I'm thinking it's dark blue (2b), but is it dark enough? If not, 1c? Blue-grey (3)?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed Weaner
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Where would you say my eye colour places itself on the Martin-Schultz scale?

I'm thinking it's dark blue (2b), but is it dark enough? If not, 1c? Blue-grey (3)?

It looks blue-grey similar to my eye color.

You are closest to shades #12 and #14 of the original Martin scale, the most common shades in Alette Schreiner's Norwegian female series.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 06-11-2024 at 07:13 PM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,911
    Given: 29,550

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Melkiirs View Post
    It looks blue-grey similar to my eye color.

Closest to shades #12 and #14 of the original Martin scale, the most common shades in Alette Schreiner's Norwegian female series.
    Both of you appear to have blue to blue grey but just one colour. By that I mean I have blue or blue grey eyes but I have an amber ring around the pupil but you both just have the one colour.

Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread Information