Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 605

Thread: Light eyes map of Europe (detail, scientifically backed)

  1. #11
    Veteran Member Supercomputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    12-11-2022 @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Posts
    2,646
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,174
    Given: 675

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    ScotlandDNA did measure all eye colours but decided to not release their data lol. Very helpful.

    Any idea whats going on with the London area in this map?
    Really? How do you know that? It wouldn't surprise me, ScotlandDNA is shady I read negative things about it's founder Alistair Moffat.


  2. #12
    Veteran Member Not a Cop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    02-02-2023 @ 12:19 PM
    Location
    Saint-Petersburg
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Posts
    7,567
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,089
    Given: 10,201

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Then I would have to have data for pure dark eyes for all countries of Europe which I don't. Many studies grouped hazel eyes with brown. Russia likely isn't 100% regionally correct, but it's probably not far off. As a whole it's 67% light eyed (roughly the same as Poland, but with more regional spread) and it looks so on the map.
    Well yeah, problems with standartisation as always.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Supercomputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    12-11-2022 @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Posts
    2,646
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,174
    Given: 675

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Cop View Post
    Well yeah, problems with standartisation as always.
    Yeah but I still think the map has a lot of value. Certainly better than ToeKneeHwin's map in which regional difference for every country were entirely speculative.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    07-08-2021 @ 07:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slav
    Ethnicity
    Croat
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Posts
    120
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 23

    2 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    I've been working on this map for about 4 years constantly improving it as I get more data. I've tried to be as objective and detailed as possible. I know it's a bold attempt to try to synchronize studies for whole Europe, but I think that using educated guesses it's possible to create a valuable map - at least better than some of the unsourced maps posted here in the past.

    Let me remind you this is WORK IN PROGRESS and will undoubtedly change in the future as I (hopefully) get more studies.



    I accept constructive inputs aimed at improving the map accompanied by scientific studies, but NOT arguments like "BS I've been to those places" or "Country X is lighter because I said so..."


    Sources: https://justpaste.it/40dd8


    I'll give you direct source for the particular study if you ask.
    Serbia has data on regional differences and a few regions are outside the 20-35 range according to the post by you:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ation-of-Serbs

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Supercomputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    12-11-2022 @ 08:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Posts
    2,646
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,174
    Given: 675

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Statistician View Post
    Serbia has data on regional differences and a few regions are outside the 20-35 range according to the post by you:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...ation-of-Serbs
    Yeah, initially I had Smederevo and Sabac counties from 1909 above 35% while Cuprija and Toplica below 20% like the Wiazemsky map shows, however I decided to put all Serbia in the Serbian average (which is 29% according to four studies) because there is a very wide range (as high as 49% light and as low as 10%) strongly suggesting a small sample size per county.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders, Belgium
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Borreby with strong Keltic Nordic admixture
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Posts
    9,254
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,874
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    nice job mate. Will satisfy all our autism for a few days

    RE; the UK I am suprised cornwall isn't a darker pocket, and suprised yorkshire isn't a lighter pocket. But I think those might be sterotypical assumptions anyway.

    Matches closely to that bulgarian guys study.

    BTW do you have any Idea where this comes from:

    https://archive-media-1.nyafuu.org/b...0808325013.png It looks like they used blue eyes only for wales for example. But used blue+green+hazel for other countries
    Please use a proper eye colour map. Also use your logic, how can be Southern England and Wales be darker-eyed than France or Belgium or the Netherlands? It doesn't make sense?

  7. #17
    Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"


    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Last Online
    12-13-2022 @ 07:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Gender
    Posts
    3,099
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,492
    Given: 10,228

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Please use a proper eye colour map. Also use your logic, how can be Southern England and Wales be darker-eyed than France or Belgium or the Netherlands? It doesn't make sense?
    Because the British descend from Iberians via the atlantic seasboard.







    A T L A N T I C F A C A D E

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Online
    08-08-2022 @ 07:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gallic and Iberian
    Ethnicity
    French/Spanish
    Ancestry
    Many parts of France (mainly in South). Eastern Spain.
    Country
    France
    Region
    Occitania
    Taxonomy
    Don't know
    Politics
    Patriote
    Religion
    Catholic
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Posts
    1,625
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 798
    Given: 291

    1 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    I've been working on this map for about 4 years constantly improving it as I get more data. I've tried to be as objective and detailed as possible. I know it's a bold attempt to try to synchronize studies for whole Europe, but I think that using educated guesses it's possible to create a valuable map - at least better than some of the unsourced maps posted here in the past.

    Let me remind you this is WORK IN PROGRESS and will undoubtedly change in the future as I (hopefully) get more studies.



    I accept constructive inputs aimed at improving the map accompanied by scientific studies, but NOT arguments like "BS I've been to those places" or "Country X is lighter because I said so..."


    Sources: https://justpaste.it/40dd8


    I'll give you direct source for the particular study if you ask.
    According to searchs i've done recently, south east spain is more like 25-30% of light eyes. Its one of the lightest era in Iberia imo. Some part of southern France are rather around 40% of light eyes in Drme Vaucluse northern Provence and even some parts of south west. I would say light eyes in southern France are arround 35%, 20% is very few in this region. I doubt there is a single french departement under 25% if you take only natives.
    Last edited by Visage ple; 04-09-2019 at 01:01 AM.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders, Belgium
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Borreby with strong Keltic Nordic admixture
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Posts
    9,254
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,874
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Thanks. Took me a lot of work. Germany is based on around 500 sub-divisions from the Virchow study with several thousand samples per county I calculated myself for each one:

    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...yes-(very-old)

    France is based on Chamla study map I already made:

    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-France-(1940)

    but I will update it when ikiriu finishes his work of updating it to 500 samples per departma here:

    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...rtements/page5

    Italy part is based on Livi but he only provided numbers per Italian state, which wasn't detailed enough for me, so I took the map of blonde type here which is much more detailed:



    and calculate how much light eyes correlate with blonde type for each individual county to get where the probable line for 20 and 35% within each state.

    Only Russia part is flawed. The only available data for regions is based on average eye color from Bunak so I've made the rough assumption that areas with lightest average eye color are >80% and the darkest areas are <65% or <50% light. There just isn't better data available.
    I am sorry Supercomputer. I have a high regard for the work that you have done in four years, combining various maps and i think it was meticulously done. We are all entitled to our various opinions. However I disagree with combining various works due to the fact that scales are different, especially the further we go back. Interpretations would vary.
    The German map is old. Although through in my studies, about 35% of Germans are blue-eyed.
    Your French map needs update. This is the latest study for blue eyes in France per department! Ranging from 10% (Ariege in Southwest France and the Seine) to 35% (Mayenne in Northwest).
    This map for France (Blue eyes only!!)
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...yeux_bleus.png
    Last edited by Septentrion; 04-09-2019 at 01:18 AM.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    100% Northwest European and Flemish
    Ancestry
    From Flanders, Belgium
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R1a - L664
    mtDNA
    n/a
    Taxonomy
    Borreby with strong Keltic Nordic admixture
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Posts
    9,254
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,874
    Given: 1

    0 Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    Because the British descend from Iberians via the atlantic seasboard.









    A T L A N T I C F A C A D E
    You need to "get on board" as they say! The people of the British Isles are not descended from Iberians!Ha!ha!ha!ha!ha! Update yourself. Leave the "Atlantic seaboard" garbage, there is none of that! Do you even know with which European populations that The British Islanders cluster with closely. You need to talk to O'Malley.

    However O' Malley might offer more details on genetic distances.
    Last edited by Septentrion; 04-09-2019 at 01:25 AM.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-12-2022, 03:51 AM
  2. Is this Light Eyes Map of Europe correct?
    By Supercomputer in forum Anthropology
    Replies: 181
    Last Post: 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-16-2019, 10:13 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-07-2018, 05:31 PM
  5. Rohingya with blue green eyes, hazel eyes, light eyes
    By ButlerKing in forum Anthropology
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 11:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •