New York City
    Y-DNA
    Mycenaean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xz2k9 View Post
    The Vlach languages show kinship with the Albanian language closer than any other Balkan languages or people. Vlachs most certainly aren't Greeks. It's just Greek propaganda. Same way they claim Arvanite as Greek.

Some of the kinship in Y-DNA with Macedonians and Bulgarians is mostly from assimilation in certain areas. Some of them also show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians depending on what regions but this could also be due to assimilation i.e some Albanians becoming Vlachs.

Even Romanian language shows a lot of kinship with Albanian. Proto-Romanian must of been very similar to Albanian. I believe Proto-Romanian language is from Thracian and Albanian from Illyrian and that they possibly were mutually intelligible languages and lived next to each other around Macedonia and Kosovo region prior to the Slavic invasions. Proto-Romanians mostly inhabited the Eastern Balkans and Proto-Albanians the Western Balkans.

Most of the living Vlach languages belong to East Latin and so does Romanian and they show a common origin with Romanian. So they possibly came from the East. Genetics mostly show Albanians to be West Balkan people.

Thunmann claimed Vlachs to be Thracians that came from the East Balkans and Albanians as Illyrians, the same thing was claimed by some Byzantium sources:

''I would now like to turn to the actual history of the Albanians and of the country they inhabit. They are the descendents of the ancient Illyrians, whereas their neighbours, the Vlachs, whose ancient history I will deal with later, are the children of the Thracians. I will try to prove these statements as best I can.''

http://www.albanianhistory.net/1774_Thunmann/index.html

It's well known that many Vlachs that live in Macedonia, Greece and South Albania came from the Eastern Balkans including some Aromanians. This is how they show kinship in Y-DNA with Bulgarians possibly. Macedonians were just Bulgarians not so long ago and many of them came from Bulgaria and migrated into Macedonia. Some are just local assimilated Albanians.

Kinda ironic considering the Slavs claim Albanians are immigrants in Kosovo and Macedonia when it's obvious the Slavs there are immigrants themselves. And even their so called Native genes don't seem to be from Macedonia or Kosovo in origin for the most part as you said yourself.

But in my opinion, Vlach is just a term for Latinized people of the Balkans.

Some Vlachs in Hercegovina, Montenegro or Dalmatia or Albania are from Latinized Illyrians and not Thracians and should show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians. Speaking strictly in terms of Y-DNA and going by the ancient samples found in Croatia. But it could have also changed over time from a bottle neck effect of course. They most of also spoken a language similar to Proto-Albanian.

We even have evidence of a Romanized population in Northern Albania and even Montenegro. These people obviously shared more of a common origin with Albos. Some families in these areas even were bilingual and spoke Latin and Albanian.

Though Y-DNA isn't the only kinship, how about over all autosomal or even language ? They would show closer kinship to Albanians in that regard. Both the ones from the East and West.

Both Macedonians and Bulgarians are more Slavic shifted than Albanians.

There are Macedonians and Bulgarians that are as Slavic as Serbs. Same way there are Romanians.

Though many Macedonians, Bulgarians and even Romanians even cluster with Albanians.

Y-DNA is a different ball game, if you look at the over all picture you see that these people are over all closer to Albanians, weather they are Romanized Thracians or Illyrians, and share a common ancient origin and their similarities with some South-Slavs such as Y-DNA and Autosomal is mostly due to heavy assimilation.

There were Latin speakers in Kosovo and in Macedonia but they certainly aren't the same as the ones that live there today that came from more East and are more similar to Romanian, those native latin people in Kosovo mostly fled into Northern Albania and it's those type of Latin speakers that possibly had influence on Albanians as claimed even by some Romanian scholars rather than Romanian directly.
    There is not a single word among aromanians that exists in albanian and vice-versa and doesnt exist in romanian, because these people never stepped foot in western balkans, their language depending on were they live is a mix of romanian-greek and balkan slav, i can understand some words, some words are greek, other bulgarian ...also aromanians do not come from Romania or from Greece, they are just latinized natives of eastern balkans, we have split from them into our own country that for past milenium had different history, without Dobrogea region Romania would barely have any aromanians today anyway.
    And there is no proof of proto-romanians living in macedonia or in western balkans, romanian ethnogenesis happened right here.
    Secondly, you say that proto-romanians spoke thracians, very possible, but why proto-albanians must have spoken illyrian and not a proto-thracian language too, perhaps even the same, and you people having split from us at some point?

Vlachs/aromanians do not come from Greece, its obvious, pure greeks are the islanders who are more southern genetically than a greek from Thesalloniki for example exactly because they lack this vlach blood, which are nothing but the huge romanized eastern balkan thracian population.

Slavs are immigrants in western balkans, but without a doubt they have build Kosovo and lived in that region for at least 1500 years, so why does it matter what population predated south slavs?That native population also was absorbed among them and we know nothing about them.Land has no meaning without any history on it, if you think something was yours then you have to show what you have done in it.If you dont think this way then you should also sell your apartment because it belongs to its ex owner and so on...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    03-11-2024 @ 04:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Unknown
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,471
    Given: 1,541

0 Not allowed!

The Vlach languages show kinship with the Albanian language closer than any other Balkan languages or people.
    Vlach split from Romanian around 1000 years ago so it's the closest to Romanian.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromanian_language
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromanians

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Vlachs lived in the same regions with the Albanians in the Central Balkans before either of them begun migrating, but they didn't intermix much and they had a different economy as well. I think there is a paper by Florin Curta on the subject.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

The Vlach languages show kinship with the Albanian language closer than any other Balkan languages or people. Vlachs most certainly aren't Greeks. It's just Greek propaganda. Same way they claim Arvanite as Greek.
    The claim that the Vlachs are Greeks is not Greek propaganda, but Vlach propaganda, just as the claim that the Arvanites are Greeks is not Greek propaganda but Arvanite propaganda.

Clearly, both groups realized early on where their interests lied in. That's your problem entirely, because I'm pretty sure the whores you sell to foreign people in foreign lands shall be as much ashamed of your heritage as the Arvanites are today of anything Albanian in them!

In short, stop selling out your own people, if you want to have them! And stop claiming their heritage too!
    Last edited by Petros Houhoulis; 10-16-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,910
    Given: 4,815

0 Not allowed!

Nope not same people at all.

Vlachs are Cromagnon people not Dinarids.

Hellenism is a Cromagnon culture its not something that is avoidable by blood.

Moscopole (Albanian: Voskopojë; Aromanian: Moscopole; Greek: Μοσχόπολις or Βοσκόπολις; Turkish: İskopol or Oskopol[1]) is a village in Korçë County in southeastern Albania. During the 18th century, it was the cultural and commercial center of the Aromanians.[2] At its peak, in the mid 18th century, it hosted the first printing press in the Ottoman Balkans outside Istanbul, educational institutions and numerous churches[3] and became a leading center of Greek culture.[4][5]

Historians have attributed the decline of the city to a series of raids by Muslim Albanian bandits.[6][7] Moscopole was initially attacked and almost destroyed by those groups in 1769 following the participation of the residents in the preparations for a Greek revolt supported by the Russian Empire.[8] Its destruction culminated with the abandoning and destruction of 1788.[9][10][6] Moscopole, once a prosperous city, was reduced to a small village by Ali Pasha.
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Last Online
    04-27-2021 @ 11:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by North Sea View Post
    Vlachs/Aromanians etc are the same people as Albanians or share a common origin
    is this a theory of yours or a truth that you know?

and prior to Roman occupation we spoke a similar language.
    which language? how did you come to this conclusion, what sources? there are also no written sources of any ancient language in the balkans, nothing on dacians, nothing on thracians, nothing on illyrians etc etc, only some toponymes and the rest is speculation more than anything. Smart deductions, that is true, but never will we know for sure exactly what language these ancient people spoke. They don't even know for sure if thracians and dacians spoke a similar language, and if they did, they don't even know if it was their own branch, or if it was close to greek, or slavic etc etc, nothing is known. you claiming to know they spoke the same language, and i assume by that you mean albanian? i need sources to believe you, i need elaboration, otherwise these are just empty statements.

Only Vlachs got more Romanised and eventually Slavicised / or they absorbed a lot of Slavs.
    they got romanised-slavicised? what do you mean? i assume you mean that linguistically they got romanised, meaning they spoke and speak an eastern romance language, while culturaly they got slavicised, meaning that they practice slavic traditions, slavic music, slavic cuisine, etc is this what you mean? not sure what else i can understand from your statement. Here's one thing, from a linguistic point of view, romanians and aromanians are ''latins'', while south slavs are ''slavs''. but other than the language, these people share more amongst themselves than they share with people from their own linguistic group. So you can't point your fingers at bulgarians and serbs and call them slavs while pointing your finger at romanians and aromanians and call them latins. culture wise, these people are born from a stock of pastoral people, their culture (clothing, music, cuisine, dances etc) revolves around pastoral life as well, and as for traditions and ancient faiths, be them even incorporated into orthodoxy, sure, they might ressemble in many ways slavic traditions, but you will reach a point where most european traditions and myths actualy share a common origin, so what makes you believe these traditions might be slavic in origin, and simply not ressemble them due to indo-european homogenisation?

Proto Romanians were also related people.
    related to whom, albanians? what do you mean by this, they spoke albanian?

There are genetic and linguistic studies that show the relationship between us. I also saw now that some Vlachs also tested for the haplogroup J2b2 L283 . Only they did not test positive for PH1751 which is a common Albanian subclade, this means that the reationship between some of us is more ancient.
    Show me these genetic and linguistic studies. I've met this theory from hungarians that supposedly romanians originate with albanians, so far this has turned out to be nothing more but just beer talk. empty statements and theories. Point me towards these studies that you talk about, i want to see them with my own eyes. Show me these presumably blood connection that we have. For as far as i've seen, we romanians look more similar to bulgarians and serbs with some eastern and central european influences, while albanians look very mediteranean, in many cases quite very dark, more so than greeks i would say, and some of the genetic studies that i looked at don't show romanians to have any ties with albanians, again, serbs romanians and bulgarians are closer to eachother.

In what concerns the language, true, there is some common substratum. This common substratum COULD.... i repeat, MIGHT come from the ancient balkan populations, and although signs do point towards that direction, i hardly believe you can take a stance on this and claim this substratum is indeed daco-illyro-thrakic or that this is any proof albanians and the proto-romanians from which romanians and aromanians spawned actualy shared the same language (or that they spoke albanian...).

From what i've seen, though i must admit i'm not extremely educated on this, but as far as my understanding and knowledge goes, culture wise i'd say even in terms of looks and behaviour, albanians tend to be more like greeks. there are some resemblances to montenegrins as well, though i think this might be because of proximity and greek influence again. the ''vlachs'', the aromanians, linguisticaly they share the same origins as romanians. culturaly again, we share the same pastoral culture, in what concerns music dances, looks like some sort of mix between our folk music in romania and greek folk music and dances. The aromanians are quite infleunced by the greeks (depending also of their geographical locations, because not all aromanians are the same, not all what you people call ''vlachs'' are aromanians, many serbs ''vlachs'' for example actualy speak romanian), as opposed to romanians who have more slavic influence. I think what you see in common with albanians is this greek influence.

as for blood, physicaly, again, albanians look closer to greeks than any other balkanic people. as for genetic studies, show me, because from what i've seen romanians and south slavs seem to share a majority of l2a haplogroup and some j2, r1a and r1b admixtures, while albanians seem to have a majority of E haplogroup..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information