Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cheekibreeki View Post
    Greeks are our bastards , if we came from somewhere you guys came with us .
    Eat some bean soup,it's good for you...
    Unless you have solved this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Hero
    Mr. G, Donald Trump
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,136
    Given: 9,066

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Vlachs are Serbs.

How do I know that?

Because that's their name.

Albanians are African immigrants who came on ship 1043 A.D. through Sicily.
    Fake they came year later, because we took over the ship and made a round trip around Africa, so it would be 1044-1045 A.D.

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 06:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Algeria
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Idiot!

This is Illyrian Latin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalmatian_language

Speakers of Dalmatian (Italic) language lived on the East Adriatic coast, and they were slavized during the middle age.
    Original Dalmatae spoke Illyrian language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 08:15 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    achaean-scythian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    Mycenaean
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 31

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by valentinavalley2 View Post
    Original Dalmatae spoke Illyrian language.

who cares what they spoke or who they were, land has no meaning if you dont do anything with it, not to mention that we don't even know anything about them.
    Today some land may be yours and tomorrow it may belong to others, its what history you had on it that matters.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Algeria
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Achaean View Post
    who cares what they spoke or who they were, land has no meaning if you dont do anything with it, not to mention that we don't even know anything about them.
    Today some land may be yours and tomorrow it may belong to others, its what history you had on it that matters.
    Actually they did a lot, until the Romans came invaded and attacked.

Veteran Member WeirdLookingFellow's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 06:39 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Balkan, Slavic from the Scythian Steppes of LARPing
    Ethnicity
    Moldovan, Romanian
    Ancestry
    Moldovan, Ukrainian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Ponto-Turan
    Hero
    Woody, the Cuman Khan
    Religion
    Folkish
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,876
    Given: 3,564

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Deretić has huge imagination.

You think on this his claim.

170 of occupation could not have destroyed the proto Serbian language that was supposedly being spoken before latinization and Vlachs would have just returned to speaking a proto-Slavic language influenced by latin instead of the other way around. Funny video of course.
    Just a 26.6% European individual

G25 "26.6% Austrian:Austria6 + 73.4% Romanian:G408" "0.0096"
    EU TEST 86.9% RO + 13.1% West_&_Central_German @ 4.98
    K13 56.9% Tu(ran)scan + 43.1% Ukrainian @ 4.02

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 07:17 PM
    Ethnicity
    Shqiptar
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 203
    Given: 200

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    It seems that many y-dna lineages Vlachs share with Macedonians and Bulgarians.
    Particularly subclades under E-V13 like Z17264, Y16729 and others.
    Under J2a, like J2-L70.
    R1b, Eastern branches and I suspect that their I2a Dinaric is from the Eastern Balkan branch, Z17855.
    Overall, the Vlachs show more kinship with Macedonians and Bulgarians than with Greeks and Albanians.

The Vlach languages show kinship with the Albanian language closer than any other Balkan languages or people. Vlachs most certainly aren't Greeks. It's just Greek propaganda. Same way they claim Arvanite as Greek.

Some of the kinship in Y-DNA with Macedonians and Bulgarians is mostly from assimilation in certain areas. Some of them also show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians depending on what regions but this could also be due to assimilation i.e some Albanians becoming Vlachs.

Even Romanian language shows a lot of kinship with Albanian. Proto-Romanian must of been very similar to Albanian. I believe Proto-Romanian language is from Thracian and Albanian from Illyrian and that they possibly were mutually intelligible languages and lived next to each other around Macedonia and Kosovo region prior to the Slavic invasions. Proto-Romanians mostly inhabited the Eastern Balkans and Proto-Albanians the Western Balkans.

Most of the living Vlach languages belong to East Latin and so does Romanian and they show a common origin with Romanian. So they possibly came from the East. Genetics mostly show Albanians to be West Balkan people.

Thunmann claimed Vlachs to be Thracians that came from the East Balkans and Albanians as Illyrians, the same thing was claimed by some Byzantium sources:

''I would now like to turn to the actual history of the Albanians and of the country they inhabit. They are the descendents of the ancient Illyrians, whereas their neighbours, the Vlachs, whose ancient history I will deal with later, are the children of the Thracians. I will try to prove these statements as best I can.''

http://www.albanianhistory.net/1774_Thunmann/index.html

It's well known that many Vlachs that live in Macedonia, Greece and South Albania came from the Eastern Balkans including some Aromanians. This is how they show kinship in Y-DNA with Bulgarians possibly. Macedonians were just Bulgarians not so long ago and many of them came from Bulgaria and migrated into Macedonia. Some are just local assimilated Albanians.

Kinda ironic considering the Slavs claim Albanians are immigrants in Kosovo and Macedonia when it's obvious the Slavs there are immigrants themselves. And even their so called Native genes don't seem to be from Macedonia or Kosovo in origin for the most part as you said yourself.

But in my opinion, Vlach is just a term for Latinized people of the Balkans.

Some Vlachs in Hercegovina, Montenegro or Dalmatia or Albania are from Latinized Illyrians and not Thracians and should show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians. Speaking strictly in terms of Y-DNA and going by the ancient samples found in Croatia. But it could have also changed over time from a bottle neck effect of course. They most of also spoken a language similar to Proto-Albanian.

We even have evidence of a Romanized population in Northern Albania and even Montenegro. These people obviously shared more of a common origin with Albos. Some families in these areas even were bilingual and spoke Latin and Albanian.

Though Y-DNA isn't the only kinship, how about over all autosomal or even language ? They would show closer kinship to Albanians in that regard. Both the ones from the East and West.

Both Macedonians and Bulgarians are more Slavic shifted than Albanians.

There are Macedonians and Bulgarians that are as Slavic as Serbs. Same way there are Romanians.

Though many Macedonians, Bulgarians and even Romanians even cluster with Albanians.

Y-DNA is a different ball game, if you look at the over all picture you see that these people are over all closer to Albanians, weather they are Romanized Thracians or Illyrians, and share a common ancient origin and their similarities with some South-Slavs such as Y-DNA and Autosomal is mostly due to heavy assimilation.

There were Latin speakers in Kosovo and in Macedonia but they certainly aren't the same as the ones that live there today that came from more East and are more similar to Romanian, those native latin people in Kosovo mostly fled into Northern Albania and it's those type of Latin speakers that possibly had influence on Albanians as claimed even by some Romanian scholars rather than Romanian directly.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Algeria
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xz2k9 View Post
    The Vlach languages show kinship with the Albanian language closer than any other Balkan languages or people. Vlachs most certainly aren't Greeks. It's just Greek propaganda. Same way they claim Arvanite as Greek.

Some of the kinship in Y-DNA with Macedonians and Bulgarians is mostly from assimilation in certain areas. Some of them also show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians depending on what regions but this could also be due to assimilation i.e some Albanians becoming Vlachs.

Even Romanian language shows a lot of kinship with Albanian. Proto-Romanian must of been very similar to Albanian. I believe Proto-Romanian language is from Thracian and Albanian from Illyrian and that they possibly were mutually intelligible languages and lived next to each other around Macedonia and Kosovo region prior to the Slavic invasions. Proto-Romanians mostly inhabited the Eastern Balkans and Proto-Albanians the Western Balkans.

Most of the living Vlach languages belong to East Latin and so does Romanian and they show a common origin with Romanian. So they possibly came from the East. Genetics mostly show Albanians to be West Balkan people.

Thunmann claimed Vlachs to be Thracians that came from the East Balkans and Albanians as Illyrians, the same thing was claimed by some Byzantium sources:

''I would now like to turn to the actual history of the Albanians and of the country they inhabit. They are the descendents of the ancient Illyrians, whereas their neighbours, the Vlachs, whose ancient history I will deal with later, are the children of the Thracians. I will try to prove these statements as best I can.''

http://www.albanianhistory.net/1774_Thunmann/index.html

It's well known that many Vlachs that live in Macedonia, Greece and South Albania came from the Eastern Balkans including some Aromanians. This is how they show kinship in Y-DNA with Bulgarians possibly. Macedonians were just Bulgarians not so long ago and many of them came from Bulgaria and migrated into Macedonia. Some are just local assimilated Albanians.

Kinda ironic considering the Slavs claim Albanians are immigrants in Kosovo and Macedonia when it's obvious the Slavs there are immigrants themselves. And even their so called Native genes don't seem to be from Macedonia or Kosovo in origin for the most part as you said yourself.

But in my opinion, Vlach is just a term for Latinized people of the Balkans.

Some Vlachs in Hercegovina, Montenegro or Dalmatia or Albania are from Latinized Illyrians and not Thracians and should show kinship in Y-DNA with Albanians. Speaking strictly in terms of Y-DNA and going by the ancient samples found in Croatia. But it could have also changed over time from a bottle neck effect of course. They most of also spoken a language similar to Proto-Albanian.

We even have evidence of a Romanized population in Northern Albania and even Montenegro. These people obviously shared more of a common origin with Albos. Some families in these areas even were bilingual and spoke Latin and Albanian.

Though Y-DNA isn't the only kinship, how about over all autosomal or even language ? They would show closer kinship to Albanians in that regard. Both the ones from the East and West.

Both Macedonians and Bulgarians are more Slavic shifted than Albanians.

There are Macedonians and Bulgarians that are as Slavic as Serbs. Same way there are Romanians.

Though many Macedonians, Bulgarians and even Romanians even cluster with Albanians.

Y-DNA is a different ball game, if you look at the over all picture you see that these people are over all closer to Albanians, weather they are Romanized Thracians or Illyrians, and share a common ancient origin and their similarities with some South-Slavs such as Y-DNA is mostly due to assimilation.
    The theory is that Thracian and Illyrian probably had a common ancestor and broke into two... hence why Vlach has a lot of words similar to Albanian which is not of Latin origin.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

0 Not allowed!

It's possible ,we know albos came from dacia ,we need to solve the vlach mystery next ,If they are too from north Balkans we will need samples of both along with Nova&Vetus Epirus ones to split the albo/vlach components from Byzantine south Balkans.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Algeria
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    It's possible ,we know albos came from dacia ,we need to solve the vlach mystery next ,If they are too from north Balkans we will need samples of both along with Nova&Vetus Epirus ones to split the albo/vlach components from Byzantine south Balkans.
    Albanians came from Illyria not Dacia...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information